• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
The ARU started a national championship in 07 but it failed.

In Australia, a new national club competition called the Mazda Australian Rugby Championship was launched in 2007. It was intended to bridge the gap between Super 14 and club rugby, and was similar to the Currie Cup and Air New Zealand Cup. It consisted of eight teams: Sydney Fleet, Central Coast Rays, Western Sydney Rams (from New South Wales), Ballymore Tornadoes, East Coast Aces (from Queensland), Perth Spirit (from Western Australia), Melbourne Rebels (from Victoria) and the Canberra Vikings (from ACT)
The competition began on 10 August, played in a round-robin format, with the Grand Final played on 14 October. Western Sydney were the minor premiers (i.e., finished atop the league table before the playoffs), but lost in the semifinals. Central Coast won the inaugural and ultimately only Grand Final. The ARU scrapped the competition after its inaugural season, citing larger-than-expected financial losses of $4.7 million

The ARU started a national championship in 07 but it failed.

In Australia, a new national club competition called the Mazda Australian Rugby Championship was launched in 2007. It was intended to bridge the gap between Super 14 and club rugby, and was similar to the Currie Cup and Air New Zealand Cup. It consisted of eight teams: Sydney Fleet, Central Coast Rays, Western Sydney Rams (from New South Wales), Ballymore Tornadoes, East Coast Aces (from Queensland), Perth Spirit (from Western Australia), Melbourne Rebels (from Victoria) and the Canberra Vikings (from ACT)
The competition began on 10 August, played in a round-robin format, with the Grand Final played on 14 October. Western Sydney were the minor premiers (i.e., finished atop the league table before the playoffs), but lost in the semifinals. Central Coast won the inaugural and ultimately only Grand Final. The ARU scrapped the competition after its inaugural season, citing larger-than-expected financial losses of $4.7 million

I was part of the Canberra Vikings develop squad back when I was 16-17 - yes it ran at a loss but how can they just get rid of it - did they really think it would run into profit in the 1st year...

They gave it a half-ass go and then got rid of it...I can remember when it was on - no real support from ARU.

They have just started a national baseball league which is going from strength to strength - with HUGE support from all local teams around Aus (Girlfriends dad is head of a club in ACT) - this is BASEBALL! and we cant even do it with Rugby Union ....what a joke....

If they want Union to grow and for the Wallabies to keep bringing up good players the national league needs to go ahead in the lead up to the 2015 world cup...

Wallabies need to get rid of the following:

Cooper
Gituea
Eslon

And all the other under performers but i forget their names.

The only players that impress me are Beale and Pocock (future captain hopefully) - Beale was same age group as me and even though he was a NSW player and I was ACT we always used to hear about how good he was, future wallaby etc etc - from about age 16! - think he player 1st 15 from age 15-16.

Pocock is sick! - would have him in any team in the world!

After watching Aus vs italy highlights. I noticed something. A wallaby player gets pushed down by an italian player, then Rocky Elson (captain) comes in trying to fight the italian player. This is a perfect example of how not to be a captain. The captain should be breaking it up, setting an example to his players not trying to fight.

Look at richie mccaw, quade cooper came and pushed him for no reason and he jumped up quickly and turned around but didn't go and try to fight him.

Australia needs a new captain.

LOl LMD. It's a long season and the Waballies peaked for the Tri Nations and Hong Kong match, I now think they are just tired and over it for this year. I fear France may put the Waballies through the cleaners this weekend. I still think they can be a force in the RWC.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYgyuUl-4pY&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Italy vs Australia - November 2010[/ame]

Elson isnt a good leader - and alot of ppl are saying that now but honestly who else is there lol - I do see Pocock as a future captain though.

If the Wallabies peaked for the tri-nations Id hate to see them when they dont peak lol - at the end of the day this year is a write off and will just need to do a really quick re-build for the world cup - they are saying this is the worst Wallaby team ever.....

This game V France - I honestly have no idea how it will go - I think France will get up by 10-12....but then saying that France are one of the form teams in the world so it could be 15-20 points....see what happens!

All Blacks play Wales - I have a feeling All Blacks will play there best game to date on tour this weekend and get up by 30-40 points - the All Blacks have already said that all there players need to be 1st 15 ready and no players will be "2nd string"....

South Africa V England - this will be a GREAT game - Id say England by 2-3 points - SA will be fired up after they lost to Scotland and England will still be on a high from the Wallaby win.

Elson isnt a good leader - and alot of ppl are saying that now but honestly who else is there lol - I do see Pocock as a future captain though.

If the Wallabies peaked for the tri-nations Id hate to see them when they dont peak lol - at the end of the day this year is a write off and will just need to do a really quick re-build for the world cup - they are saying this is the worst Wallaby team ever.....

This game V France - I honestly have no idea how it will go - I think France will get up by 10-12....but then saying that France are one of the form teams in the world so it could be 15-20 points....see what happens!

All Blacks play Wales - I have a feeling All Blacks will play there best game to date on tour this weekend and get up by 30-40 points - the All Blacks have already said that all there players need to be 1st 15 ready and no players will be "2nd string"....

South Africa V England - this will be a GREAT game - Id say England by 2-3 points - SA will be fired up after they lost to Scotland and England will still be on a high from the Wallaby win.

Maybe Genia a captain, or giteau, or cooper? No idea really. I pretty much agree with all your predictions. Except i reckon England will win by more than 6 points.

Genia - maybe but abit young still!

Giteau - id say he will be a bencher/not even in the squad by next yrs world cup

Cooper as captain = end of Wallabies lol - he cant even direct a backline or even himself for that matter no way he could control a whole team.

All Blacks team named for test against Wales

allblacks.com - (25/11/2010) - 7 Comments
A minute’s silence is to be held before the All Blacks Test against Wales at Millennium Stadium, Cardiff, on Saturday 27 November, with the All Blacks to also wear white armbands on their black match jerseys as a mark of respect to the 29 miners who lost their lives in the Pike River mining tragedy on the West Coast of New Zealand.

All Blacks captain Richie McCaw said: “We share in the mourning of the whole country and in our own small way wanted to also pay our respects to the miners.”

Meanwhile, All Blacks Coach Graham Henry and his Assistant Coaches Steve Hansen and Wayne Smith have named their team for the fifth and final Test in the All Blacks Telecom BackingBlack Tour.

Starting XV

1. Tony Woodcock (73)
2. Keven Mealamu (82)
3. Owen Franks (21)
4. Brad Thorn (49)
5. Sam Whitelock (12)
6. Jerome Kaino (37)
7. Richie McCaw – captain (93)
8. Kieran Read (29)
9. Jimmy Cowan (43)
10. Daniel Carter (78)
11. Hosea Gear (5)
12. Sonny Bill Williams (3)
13. Conrad Smith (44)
14. Isaia Toeava (29)
15. Mils Muliaina (93)

Reserves

16. Andrew Hore (49)
17. John Afoa (29)
18. Anthony Boric (19)
19. Daniel Braid (5)
20. Andy Ellis (17)
21. Stephen Donald (22)
22. Ma’a Nonu (55)

Number of Test caps in brackets

The starting XV features five changes from the team that beat Ireland 38–18 last week. Hooker Keven Mealamu returns to the starting XV following his two–match suspension, while lock Brad Thorn returns from his hamstring strain to take his place in the number 4 jersey and will play in his 50th Test match, with hooker Andrew Hore, who is on the bench, likely to join him on the milestone. In the backs, Isaia Toeava gets his second Test start of the Telecom BackingBlack Tour on the wing replacing Cory Jane, Jimmy Cowan returns at halfback, with Andy Ellis on the bench, while Sonny Bill Williams will get his third Test start of the Tour named at second–five eighth, with Ma’a Nonu on the bench. In the only other bench change from the Irish Test, Daniel Braid comes in to cover the loose forwards replacing Liam Messam.

Meanwhile, All Blacks playmaker Dan Carter is just two points behind equalling Jonny Wilkinson’s record of 1178 points in Test matches, while All Blacks number eight Kieran Read goes into the match as the leading forward try scorer in international rugby this year, and second highest overall, having crossed the try line six times.

Graham Henry said: “The team wants to finish the Telecom BackingBlack Tour on a high with a good performance against Wales and the chance to create their own piece of history with a Grand Slam. But they also know that they will face a passionate, physical Welsh team playing in front of a sold–out Millennium Stadium, so are under no illusions about the massive job ahead.”

The All Blacks have played Wales 27 times since 1905 with 24 wins to the All Blacks and three to Wales. The All Blacks last played Wales in the Steinlager Series in New Zealand in June this year, beating the Welsh 42 – 9 in Dunedin and 29–10 in Hamilton. The All Blacks last played the Welsh in Cardiff on last year’s end of year tour, winning that Test 19–12. The Welsh last beat the All Blacks in 1953, winning the Test in Cardiff 13–8.

All Blacks Telecom BackingBlack Tour

Saturday 30 October, All Blacks 24 Australia 26, Hong Kong Stadium, Hong Kong
Saturday 6 November, All Blacks 26 England 16, Twickenham, London
Saturday 13 November, All Blacks 49 Scotland 3, Murrayfield, Edinburgh
Saturday 20 November, All Blacks 38 Ireland 18, AVIVA Stadium, Dublin
Saturday 27 November, All Blacks v Wales, Millennium Stadium, Cardiff

nice post. I kind of feel bad for Nonu, hes playing brilliant at the moment but is on the bench. Oh well.