• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
We put a South African in charge of our Cricket team and went backwards, a Kiwi in charge of our Union team and went nowhere. Lets hope the ARB follow the lead of the ACB and appoint a fucken Aussie and they do it now.

Well called :D

Mckenzie is a much better option than Deans but to be honest I dont think the "style" that the Wallabies have been playing (or at least trying to play) will change that much under Mckenzie - I honestly cant see much changing - lets just hope though players like JOC, Beale etc will respect him abit more.

Really you will need to stick with Mckenzie now until after the World Cup regardless of how they play the rest of the year/next year/leading into the World Cup - for international sides this is the most important year in terms of building and developing for the World Cup - 2013 (building/developing/blooding new players/new coaches) 2014 building on the foundation you have set in 2013, bringing the side together, being confident with eachother etc etc - 2015 game time 100%.

First match against the all blacks in 6 weeks...
I can imagine the wallabies losing and everyone saying sack mckenzie... lol

First match against the all blacks in 6 weeks...
I can imagine the wallabies losing and everyone saying sack mckenzie... lol

Lets hope the ARU are abit more ruthless this time around and really focus on two things 1. Winning games and 2. growing rugby in Australia.

Deans was coach of the Wallabies for 18 All Black tests and came away with only 3 wins - this is not good enough - not even close.

The ARU have fucked themself abit though because they have made a change in the most important development year before the world cup - so in my books regardless of how McKenzie goes they have to see him out until after the world cup.

Lets hope the ARU are abit more ruthless this time around and really focus on two things 1. Winning games and 2. growing rugby in Australia.

Deans was coach of the Wallabies for 18 All Black tests and came away with only 3 wins - this is not good enough - not even close.

The ARU have fucked themself abit though because they have made a change in the most important development year before the world cup - so in my books regardless of how McKenzie goes they have to see him out until after the world cup.

Our master plan has worked... Get a kiwi coach in to head the wallabies and weaken them from within :eek:

Sorry to say but you guys and the yarpies were our main rivals (dont count those cheating kunce france) but i havent seen a good aussie side to fear since the days of eales

Our master plan has worked... Get a kiwi coach in to head the wallabies and weaken them from within :eek:

Sorry to say but you guys and the yarpies were our main rivals (dont count those cheating kunce france) but i havent seen a good aussie side to fear since the days of eales

I am an All Blacks supporter mate - but have of course grown up in Australia (Family from England/New Zealand) - so I love aussie rugby - not to concered about how the Wallabies play - to be honest Id love Deans to stay on because I know with him in charge they will not be a force in world rugby lol....but for the strength of the sport club level/grass roots/juniors we need someone else in charge to hopefully spark something within union again in Australia - as over the last 5-6 years its really been going backwards..or at least not improving/growing..

I have to say that I agree whole heartedly with what [MENTION=3034]Rugby88[/MENTION]; just said.

Rugby at grass roots, as in bush rugby is a mess and I cant see the QRU ever fixing it from within. I think it will take a push from the players / fans / parents themselves to overhaul things.

I have to say that I agree whole heartedly with what @Rugby88; just said.

Rugby at grass roots, as in bush rugby is a mess and I cant see the QRU ever fixing it from within. I think it will take a push from the players / fans / parents themselves to overhaul things.

Yep tell me about it mate! The game is just stagnant in Aus/slightly going backward - we never took the professional game by the balls like other nations and we have always just focused on natural talent and not so much the development of players and yes that worked fine coming into the professional era - but over the last 4-5 years there has been a decline in performance and development and structure when it comes to being a professional player i.e gap between club rugby > Super rugby is to much - the gap between schoolboy rugby > club rugby is to much in some cases. We need stronger development and a professional 3rd teir comp.

And as a whole for the game one of the worst things the ARU ever did was go full-time on foxtel for all rugby (bar Wallabies tests) - how can people learn about rugby and other nations if they never see it? I know they get alot of money from foxtel but 1. How much have they lost since they went to foxtel and kids have gone to league, soccer, afl instead and 2. long term the money they are going to have to put back into rugby union grass roots/junior level is going to be huge meaning that they could end up losing money.

Lets hope the Wallabies start to turn it around and lets hope we start to see some rugby union on free-to-air tv.

@Rugby88;

When it comes to most sports on TV, I like being able to watch them on fox because of the HD. Even when you have the option of free to air or fox, I still go with fox.

Having said that, I will still do not watch every sport on fox...if I don't consider it a real sport I do not watch it (purely personal opinions on that one).

I don't think pay tv stops an existing fan but yes, it does make it harder to give exposure to the wider public.

Last edited:
I also think that there is no clear path for a young rugby player to see his future or progress through the system.

In rugby league, you play your juniors for a club. That club has seniors. The seniors get involved with the juniors and this "drafts them into" the senior club before they have even made the age. There is a competition for local, state and NRl (even if it is only two states) and the competitions are a tiered structure.

The league kids also have clear paths to representative football, development camps, etc..even the kids in the country (by that i mean the kids who do not grow up in the big cities....the scouts will come to them).

In rugby union, the kids play for their school, have no contact with seniors, are not encouraged to stick around, have no clear path for progression....etc, etc, etc.

Further more, the season is backwards for country senior players.....They play rep seasons prior to the club season in Queensalnd Rugby.....make sno sense at all.

In Mackay, the schools are seperated from the clubs. I know this sounds simple, but if the schools were alligned with senior cluns, the kids could play after school on friday, the seniors could then play main game and they would have a small crowd to watch. This would sell burgers, soft drinks..etc...and they might be able to pay for the upkeep on the lighting...etc..

These are all the basic things that built league clubs when I grew up prior to poker machine income in Queensland and government grants.

These are just some of the things I have noticed....

@Breadcooker; some great points you bring up. Alot of the GPS/private schools have some loose assosiatoin with rugby clubs here, but nothing like it should be. Its only if a coach or teacher knows someone from a club, they will get them down for the odd training session. I helped out at my old school a few times, but most of the kids were playing league & already sewn up with junior contracts! No joke!

Unless you have something to give the kids (sydney uni have scholarships and some clubs pay a little bit of money) its hard to recruit. Kids want coin, league clubs pay, union ones arent as forthcoming with money for 18/19 year olds....

edit: also alot of kids come from good schools with good rugby programs/rugby budgets which shit all over most shute shield budgets!
They go from being 1st XV, training in amazing school gyms, manicured fields, to being in colts which usually train on field 2 and play on the clubs 2nd ground. It can be disheartening for the kids who think they should be higher...

Last edited:

Winning games is the hard part. An easy way to grow the game is by putting 1-2 aussie super rugby games on free to air tv a week.

Winning games is the hard part. An easy way to grow the game is by putting 1-2 aussie super rugby games on free to air tv a week.

Totally agree with this mate - I dont have a problem with Rugby Union only being on fox - thats if everyone had it - but to be honest ALOT of people dont have foxtel anymore - so theres a huge limiting factor.

Even if they played a game on Saturday Arvo (not live) from the night before and then maybe another one Sunday arvo (just thinking of ideas) - just having Rugby Union on tv week in week out during the super rugby/tests season would make a huge difference.

I agree though that there is a total lack of development missing in Australian Rugby and its really starting to show at a senior/international level.

Totally agree with this mate - I dont have a problem with Rugby Union only being on fox - thats if everyone had it - but to be honest ALOT of people dont have foxtel anymore - so theres a huge limiting factor.

Even if they played a game on Saturday Arvo (not live) from the night before and then maybe another one Sunday arvo (just thinking of ideas) - just having Rugby Union on tv week in week out during the super rugby/tests season would make a huge difference.

I agree though that there is a total lack of development missing in Australian Rugby and its really starting to show at a senior/international level.

Completely agree on the free to air stuff... Don't channel 9 have rights to show some of the games?? They never will though they have too much invested in league