• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
And they have a tricky one against The Warriors this week who they always struggle against, but Melb will bounce back, they are champions.

oh they got the warriors this week .there casualty ward is crazy i think they got like 4 or 5 stars out (steve price,manu vatuvei,simon mannering,micheal luck) might be a high score in this 1

If you don't have Foxtel you can watch the live feed here.

nrlfeed.tk

I'm watching Melb v Manly right now.

Hi mate I didn't see the game at all. lost by 2 and Smith missed in front!

Any idea how much download is used by watching the game on the web?

And do they have a live feed for all the games?

Mike.

No idea on how many megs are used, but it's not super high quality so it's reasonable.
Yeah the feed is for all games.

smiley-face-wallpaper-002.jpg

Anyone listening to the Rush Hour?
A scandal has rocked Rugby!Apparently the Storm has effed up big time with the salary cap and it has been referred to the cops.Criminal charges will certainly follow.

Storm have been stripped of their 2 winning Premierships and their 3 minor premierships. they also have been fined $5000,000 and have to pay back 1.1 million in prize money

Melbourne Storm breach NRL Salary Cap

The National Rugby League has today stripped the Melbourne Storm of the 2007 and 2009 Telstra Premierships, the Minor Premierships of 2006-8 and of its 2010 competition points after confirming a series of salary cap breaches amounting to at least $1.7million over five years.

The club will lose all competition points earned to date in 2010 and also the right to accumulate points going forward in 2010 (competition tables will record wins and losses but the club will not be awarded competition points on the basis of any wins). These measures are effective as of today.

The club has furthermore been fined $500,000 and will be forced to return $1.1million in prize-money with the prize-money being distributed evenly among the other fifteen clubs.

Individual awards by players will continue to be recognised but records will be adjusted to show that the Premiership is not recognised even though the result cannot be overturned. Neither Manly nor Parramatta will assume the Premiership titles in their respective years.

The Storm’s Chairman and Chief Executive met with the NRL in Sydney today to confirm the extent of the breaches uncovered by NRL Salary Cap Auditor Ian Schubert and his audit team.

The investigations have revealed the Storm maintained a dual contract system and the club has today confirmed that side letters promising extra payments were stored in a secret file at the home of the Chief Executive.

The accounts were structured in such a way that it would appear the commitments were not apparent to either the Melbourne Storm Board or its owners.

The NRL has uncovered breaches estimated to be in excess of $1.7million over five years, around $400,000 in 2009 and with a projected breach of $700,000 in 2010.

“While the amount itself is cause for concern, the most damning indictment is the systematic attempt by persons within the club to conceal payments from the Salary Cap auditor and, it would now seem certain from the club’s Board and from its owners, on an ongoing basis,” Mr Gallop said.

“It was through this system that they were able to attract and retain some of the biggest names in Rugby League.

“In doing so they have let down the game, the players and the fans of the Melbourne Storm.

“Clearly there were some individuals who knew what was going on and perhaps many who did not.

“By nature, that means innocent parties will suffer as a result of this punishment but the persons responsible are those who constructed the scheme and anyone who knowingly signed a false statutory declaration to deceive the game.

“It would be unfair now on the players and fans of every other club in the competition to allow the Storm to enter this year’s finals series or to retain the titles they won.

“As a game we will do all we can to restore the faith of each of those parties but there is no alternative now but to deal with the situation that has been so deliberately engineered.

“As was the case with Canterbury after 2002, the only other instance in which we have seen such an elaborate and contrived set of accounts, there is the chance for the club to begin a rebuilding process with the fans and the game by the way it conducts itself in the weeks and months ahead.

“A significant step in that process has been the way the Melbourne Board has reacted to the information the Salary Cap team tabled this week.

“Rather than look to conceal the activities, the Board has cooperated fully and we have been informed that the club’s owners, News Limited, have now ordered a full forensic examination of all club accounts.

“It should be pointed out that, as owners of the club, News Limited has only been made aware of the investigation in recent days.

“Ian Schubert and his assistant Jamie L’Oste Brown have been collecting information in relation to this process for some time and their commitment to that process deserves considerable respect.

“Salary cap investigation is among the most difficult and in many ways least rewarding roles in the game but, despite the thoughts of some critics, there is universal acceptance of the importance of the cap and of the contribution it has made to the most successful era in the game’s history.

“In truth, this issue is not so much about the Salary Cap but the simple reality of cheating the rules as they stand at any time. Everyone knew the rules, particularly after 2002.

“This investigation has relied on detailed reviews of accounts as well as evidence from informants.

“It is a reminder to everyone who wishes to test the rules that there is every likelihood the truth will emerge in time and that the consequences will be severe at that point.”

This sucks big time. They have used my and other members memberships to cheat. Not sure what I will do, my sons are devastated, the draconian punishment, is indicative of very serious abuses.

Not fair either for the teams who have already played Melb this year and lost.

Kick Melb out for good.

Not fair either for the teams who have already played Melb this year and lost.

Kick Melb out for good.

May not have to!21 criminal charges laid and the team are playing for no purpose for the rest of the season.That has got to be debilitating.
Not to mention all the sponsors and fans who may pull out.No evidence
of it yet but it would surely have to put a big question mark over the team.

But kicking them out..... dunno.Didn`t the Bulldogs cop it sweet some time ago?
Is that an anti Vic sentiment Shrek or do you honestly think they should be kicked out?Should the Bulldogs have been kicked out also?

Last week some guy put like $250 on Melb to get the wooden spoon. He now stands to collect over $40k in prize money. Somebody had some inside information methinks.

A few bets were taken for the wooden spoon, then the betting agencies realised there was something going on. DOH!!

Melb win again. There last two efforts have been outstanding considering they are playing for zero except pride.

Here's another take from a Storm member, whilst I'll cop the punishment, I would say this, most of the overspend was on players we developed. We didn't buy them in, we developed at our own club, and they wanted to stay at our club...
That same spirit (the best in the NRL) is evident in the way we are playing now, there is no doubt these blokes are making a point, we will win more games that everyone else, and we will underline the fact that we are the best team.

Now, let's hope no other teams have fudged their accounts with third part sponsorships or similar. What would the NRL do then?

True they did develop their young players. The NRL needs to find a way to reward this, not punish.

I think it's a joke that they did not find a way to let the storm compete this season as they can take the 2 points away from other teams but not acquire there own.

I would also be very surprised if the majority of the clubs where not rorting the salary cap, you only have to look a some of the rosters plus take into account what jap, french, aussie union and super league are willing to pay to see that 4 mil for 30 players is just not going to cut it.

in the end mate every club for a while now has lost players they have developed .they found an extra $150.000 now that makes 1 million over the cap i think all our clubs we support wish they had 1 mill extra to spend

I understand that, and in the end, I'm willing to cop the punishment, we cheated. But we have also lost lots of players, every year we have shed players, it's just that most don't want to play in the NRL after playing with us, so they have gone overseas, guys like Matty king, Dallas Johnston, Scotty Hill and even Mick Crocker though it fell through. And plenty of our star players went to others, Noddy, Chambers, Turner, Kafusi, Friend, Falou etc.

Most of not all our overspend has been on paying our home grown stars like Slater, Inglis, Smith, Cronk to name a few, we developed them and they want to play for us, and the system need to be looked at allow for that sort of thing, we have never bought a premiership by stealing other players and that makes a difference in my view. We did cheat the cap, we have paid the price, but the NRL now needs to look at this through something other than a crime and punishment lens.