• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Hey guys -

For anyone bored at work or wanting to watch some rugby games - this dude on youtube uploads full games - seems to have alot of 6 nations games - here is a link to England V France - its in about 10 parts - also check out his youtube page to see the other games...Ive watched nearly all of them! good stuff.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7GpRM1E75A"]YouTube - Rugby 6N 2009 - England vs. France - Part 1/10[/ame]

Last edited:
Heres 2010 and in English - not that it matters to much!

This is a good game:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRxoiSxH_uE&feature=related]YouTube - Rugby 6N 2010 - France vs. England - Part 1/7[/ame]

Wales and France (i think) is a great game also...love 6 nation rugby!

I have never done direct neck work but I also do alot of over-head pressing which I think helps...but some of my guys do weighted neck extensions, and lots of shrugs - ive never really looked into great detail about what exercises have a direct increase in strength around the neck but im guessing the ones above would be good.

Im more of a do your core movements and you will have good overall strength to deal with what you will get on the field.

Any reason why you ask man?

Any reason why you ask man?

I notice the players come in hard in the ruck and scrums and thought a strong neck,Traps would be something needed .

I don't know a lot about rugby union, Never had an chance to play where i come up in the the hunter NSW you had league or soccer comps on the weekends, High school played in the knockout league comp and that was about it.

I believe you have to play a game for a few years to get a true perspective of a sport.

They have a district Union comp up here, The nearest team to me is 30min away i will go and watch a game next year see what it's like at this level compared to league, There is a lot of maori and indigenous players in the cairns district league comp, Imagine there is even more maori players in the Union comp.

Last edited:
Is there a recreational rugby sevens comp in Sydney?

Searching on the google machine but not coming up with anything.

Im trying :D To be honest, i dont think im that skinny, im only 5'7 -5'8. Im the bulkiest looking out of my friends.

Fadi was 5'4 and 90kg, he looked too skinny to me though :D

Mate you want to be about 80 minimum. 90 would be good.

Oh and hang out with bigger friends.

Is there a recreational rugby sevens comp in Sydney?

Searching on the google machine but not coming up with anything.

Normally from what I know of they play sevens comps as pre-season things for the 15's rugby ....as a warm up to the season! - never heard of a full season 7's comp.

I played centre. Thanks for advice.

Fair enough mate - seeing as though your fairly short for a rugby player then you really need to focus on getting as strong and big as possible - will be your only chance against the big boys!

Fair enough mate - seeing as though your fairly short for a rugby player then you really need to focus on getting as strong and big as possible - will be your only chance against the big boys!

Yea, being short doesn't suit a rugby player. Im trying to get as big as possible - i think i started too late though :( If i get to 5'11 im happy.

I would say most rugby players are between 5'11-6'1 - im right between 5'11-6 foot - would like to be at a lean playing weight of 105kgs next year.

your a machine! 5'11 is a great height - especially at 100kg!

Just curios if you know some union players lifting stats. Wondering how much those props would lift - a lot.

mmm have not really looked to much mate! - I saw a Syd uni prop box squating 300kgs - pretty crazy.

I would say avg weights for a prop would be like 230-250 deadlift (not that they really do them that much), 220-250 squat, 140-180 bench - they are the avg numbers ive heard from sort of super 14 level....but everyone is diff and props are not always going to be the strongest dudes in the team.

Generally they would be, there would be occasions when there not, but usually they would be. I would say they do explosive lifts like cleans ect.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKBMBTU57A0]YouTube - NZ AllBlacks in the weight-room[/ame]
Funny guys.

Brad Thorne from the All Blacks (former Bronco, Qld player) is one of the strongest mofos in world rugby I think!