• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Seen this sam burges to play for england? Is this a joke? why wud u want someone who has never been a union forward..

He would go alright at number 8 I reckon or maybe an outside centre depending on his speed

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Nah he wud be shit, wtf does he know about being a forward. Backs can swap over but chal and cheese for forwards. Union is won and lost at the break down, what good is someome with no experence gona be at the break down?

I read a review on the canes v blues and apparently Benji Marshall got a pass mark.
http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-union/uni...-debut-for-auckland-blues-20140201-31tx9.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea saw that 2 - we will have to see how he really goes - trials are always up in the air.

Seen this sam burges to play for england? Is this a joke? why wud u want someone who has never been a union forward..

Yea heard he wants to play for England in the 2015 World Cup - dont think he would be a forward - I reckon they would try and make him into a centre.

Burgess is the biggest grub and a protected species in the NRL. Not sure he'd get the same treatment in union. He's a top player, great on his feet and strong, but would he be able to pilfer at the breakdown? He also can't just take a hit up and walk for a few minutes.
Will be interesting to see if and when it happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

udy4e2ut.jpg

HUGE crowd for tahs v blues.
Benji Marshall was VERY quiet. Made one tackle and had a few touches. One good pass. That was it. Taken off at half time. He got himself in a good position a few times, but the ball was lost in contact or turned over when he was ready for it.
Waratahs on the other hand played well. Dominated the breakdown. New winger from West Harbour looked unreal & Foley was a standout.

udy4e2ut.jpg

HUGE crowd for tahs v blues.
Benji Marshall was VERY quiet. Made one tackle and had a few touches. One good pass. That was it. Taken off at half time. He got himself in a good position a few times, but the ball was lost in contact or turned over when he was ready for it.
Waratahs on the other hand played well. Dominated the breakdown. New winger from West Harbour looked unreal & Foley was a standout.

Is the West Harbour winger an islander? Think I know who your talking about - good player!

I reckon the Wallabies need a player like Foley at 10 - he is more a settled 10 - which I feel can control and guide the game more-so than some1 like Cooper.

Blasphemy

I will agree that Cooper had a good finish to 2013 - but honestly he has been a Wallaby for 5-6 years now and the end of 2013 was the 1st time I saw him do things at an international level to say yea maybe he could be the starting 10 moving forward.

I have never been a fan - I am more the settled/controlled 10 sorta guy.

I will agree that Cooper had a good finish to 2013 - but honestly he has been a Wallaby for 5-6 years now and the end of 2013 was the 1st time I saw him do things at an international level to say yea maybe he could be the starting 10 moving forward.

I have never been a fan - I am more the settled/controlled 10 sorta guy.

Always been a fan. My kind of guy, either win the game or completely fuck it up. No half measures!

Going to watch Brumbies V ACT XV in acouple of hours - should be an interesting game - one of my mates has been selected for the ACT side - so will be good to see how he goes!

How was it? Pocock and Mowen play??

Brumbies ended up winning 67-0

Honestly I hardly noticed Mowen at all - Pocock was wrapped up like a Mummy and was on and off the field - there was def something not right with him - both players were very quiet.

Game was player in 1/4's - and the Brumbies only honestly really clicked in the last 1/4.

As for the ACT team - no.1 JP Smith (No.16 for the Brumbies Brother - Ruan Smith - they are twins) - was really good - 2 South African guys.

Also number 11 for ACT from Vikings (Jerome Niumata) he needs a professional contract somewhere as does Tim Cree (no.6 for ACT and Captain of ACT/VIKINGS) - he has been training for the Brumbies squad and travelled with them last week - if he doesnt get picked up soon in Australia I reckon he will be making his way to Europe.

There was alot of alot of players in the ACT side that were just abit w.t.f though - considering alot of these players will be involved in the 3rd teir comp (depending on the number of Brumbies players) - it really shows us that gap of nonprofessional players V the Professional players - which hopefully that 3rd teir will close - because at the moment you need telescope to see the other side in some cases.

UC Brumbies (v ACT XV)
1. Scott Sio
2. Stephen Moore
3. Ben Alexander
4. Leon Power
5. Jack Whetton
6. Scott Fardy
7. David Pocock
8. Ben Mowen (c)
9. Nic White...
10. Matt Toomua
11. Harumichi Tatekawa
12. Andrew Smith
13. Henry Speight
14. Joe Tomane
15. Jesse Mogg

Replacements
16. Ruan Smith
17. Siliva Siliva
18. Ruaidhri Murphy
19. Lachlan McCaffrey
20. Fotu Auelua
21. Jordan Smiler
22. Jarrad Butler
23. Michael Dowsett
24. Lionel Cronje
25. Rodney Iona
26. Clyde Rathbone
27. Stephan Van Der Walt
28. Robbie Coleman

ACT XV
1. JP Smith (Queanbeyan Whites)
2. Josh Mann-Rea (Gungahlin Eagles)
3. Allan Alaalatoa (Uni-North Owls)
4. Dave McKern (Western District)
5. Tom Staniforth (Canberra Royals)
6. Tim Cree (Tuggeranong Vikings)
7. Michael Smith (Western District)
8. Ben McGee (Gungahlin Eagles)
9. Conrad Hoffmann (Gungahlin Eagles)
10. Isaac Thompson (Tuggeranong Vikings)
11. Jerome Niumata (Tuggeranong Vikings)
12. Matt Hawke (Gungahlin Eagles)
13. Mitch Connolly (Gungahlin Eagles)
14. Drew Southwell (Western District)
15. Ben Johnson (Canberra Royals)

Replacements
16. Patricio Noreiga (Gungahlin Eagles)
17. Carl Elliott (Western District)
18. JP Pradaud (Tuggeranong Vikings)
19. Gareth Clouston (Tuggeranong Vikings)
20. Michael Stolberg (Queanbeyan Whites)
21. Xavier Duffy (Gungahlin Eagles)
22. Sam Latunipulu (Queanbeyan Whites)
23. Jono Naoupu (Eastern Suburbs)
24. Eden Campbell-O’Brien (Uni-North Owls)
25. Pedro Rolando (Canberra Royals)
26. Altus Momsen (Queanbeyan Whites)
27. HP Momsen (Queanbeyan Whites)
28. Jack Pinchin (Western District)

Last edited: