• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Funeral music.

Thanks for that Zarkov. You know, I would never subscribe to the notion of that "us" and "them" mentality. Suspicion that can eventually lead to hatred has its roots well implanted in such an idea. We don't have to stop at a race or nation to nation here but take a job like the police for example, that mentality is alive and well throughout the force. It's us the police and them the public. Of course it does not stop with the police (that was just an example), but it goes right across the board.

People always seem to be looking for something that would give them a sense of belonging; some find it in joining a gang of thugs, whilst others find it in joining an Olympic weightlifting team or a flying club or whatever.

Would you say the above comes about because we all need to feel secure in one way or another and having a sense of belonging (on a larger scale) satisfies and feeds that side of our emotions (which then by its very nature creates that us and them mentality)?

Fadi.

The funeral music theme seems to have died Fadi so let`s continue with the thread hijack!
Too right it is dangerous to harbour this kind of thinking.Japan may be one of the more advanced nations around but they are so primitive in amy ways.
And while *they think,no honestly believe, that Japan and all things Japanese are so unique and superior it also leads to a self deprecating mind set a lot of the times.Comments like "We Japanese lost to X country because foreigners are bigger and stronger than us Japanese".There is no rationale or logic behind a statement like that, especially when they say it in a tone that implies they were hard done by.

Fadi wrote;

"People always seem to be looking for something that would give them a sense of belonging; some find it in joining a gang of thugs, whilst others find it in joining an Olympic weightlifting team or a flying club or whatever.

Would you say the above comes about because we all need to feel secure in one way or another and having a sense of belonging (on a larger scale) satisfies and feeds that side of our emotions (which then by its very nature creates that us and them mentality)?"

We need to feel secure but I like to believe that we have evolved enough to find common bonds in other things and not only a patch of turf,whether it be the gym,our homeland,religion, or whatever.
You like OJ?Me too.Let`s be mates,at least for now, and discuss all things fruit juice.Your a Muslim/Christian/Jew/Athiest who likes OJ?But you still like OJ and that is enough for me.

Yes we've certainly hijacked the thread alright. Anyway, I thank you for that fruitful discussion my friend, I really did enjoy it. Are you a teacher in Japan Zarkov?

Fadi.

Yes we've certainly hijacked the thread alright. Anyway, I thank you for that fruitful discussion my friend, I really did enjoy it. Are you a teacher in Japan Zarkov?

Fadi.

Ummmm teacher ..... well I`ll say yes to keep it simple although it is very subjective as to what a teacher is in this game.

It is not in our genetics to be racist, it is a product of our environment.
I`m always being called gaijin here.Gaijin means foreigner but the characters
used are gai 外 which means outside and jin 人 which means person so it is a bit troubling sometimes to be called this.I ask people what gaijin means and they say foreigner.So I say to explain the meaning of this and they say non-Japanese.Japanese are brought up believing there are Japanese and foreigners.
One of my students almost had a fit when I told him that the foreigners he was referring to talking about his Australian holiday were not foreigners and in fact it was he that was the gaijin.It is usually not used in a racist context but it is terribly narrow minded and ignorant
But the most troubling thing is that the word gaijin is used non stop.I am trying to educate people around me not to use the word,in Japanese or English, unless the context makes it necessary.
It is a bit like me saying "my dark skinned Lebanese non Australian Muslim friend Fadi" rather than just "a guy I know called Fadi".
Anyway,I was in a park on day and a little girl ran up and said "konnichiwa" so I said "konnichiwa" back. Then she said "Oh you speak Japanese!I thought you were a gaijin!"
It made me smile a little.She based her view on language rather race.This happened a few years back now and I only hope she still has this way of thinking but I can`t help feeling she went home and her parents said, "Oh no no no you sweet little innocent thing.He was a gaijin!"

You could teach them the word **** head??

I dno is it any wonder though not so long ago something really big got dropped into a nice city of there's...

I dont think lions let elephants into their stomping ground.. are they racists? or speciasts??

I dont know its a funny topic but arnt we talking about funnerals?