• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

opinions on beef jerky

BoyFromAus

to Fadi and co.

What's your opinion on consuming beef jerky as a staple?

I haven't seen anything in medical literature which is against it and it seems to be a good source of protein.

thanks,

to Fadi and co.

I haven't seen anything in medical literature which is against it and it seems to be a good source of protein.

thanks,

Rasika, beef jerky or any other dehydrated meat for that matter is fine for as long as it is made as it was originally made. That does not mean the addition of two chemicals that I would never put into my body namely: MSG and Sodium Nitrite.

Not all your manufacturers are created equal Rasika. Some pride themselves on quality which to them means going back to manufacturing a product that is as close to the original as possible, whilst others simply add preservatives and flavour enhancers as the two I've mentioned above because well...they can!

As far as protein is concerned, it's great. However be aware of different packaging and that the addition of black peppered beef jerky tends to puncture bags easier than most other flavoured jerkies.

Fadi.

As with anything read the label.621 (MSG) is truly nasty shit and you will find it in most jerkies.Watch out for sugar also.

I love beef jerky, hot chilli flavour, it's a great snack.
Once I start eating it I can't stop at just a few pieces.
I get mine from a guy on eBay, he makes it himself, much better than the mass produced stuff.
Really big pieces of quality meat and quite dry.
Just got 2kg delivered last week.

Oooooooh.... that sounds very tempting and delicious, Hulk! who is this ebay seller?

eBay Australia Shop - micksjerky:

It's not exactly cheap, but the taste and texture is too good to refuse.
Still cheaper than buying small packs from the supermarket.
I get a good jaw workout chewing on this and often get muscle strain around my temple area from the chewing, but can't stop !!!
I pay $60/kg.

Jims Jerky

Thats where I buy mine! Its only around the corner from me but they specialize in things like Biltong as well. Pro flavour!!! Pro texture!!! Its $70 a kilo.

just make your own.. ive done it with my father a few times.. get a rump or whatever cut steaks.. fan forced oven veryvery low heat and have the fan on and dry it out. tastes rpetty good

to Fadi and co.

thanks,

So addictive beef jerky.
Yeah the Nitrites and msg are BAD news though. You can make some homemade jerky. The one I made didnt taste as good as the ones in the shop though

Rasika, beef jerky or any other dehydrated meat for that matter is fine for as long as it is made as it was originally made. That does not mean the addition of two chemicals that I would never put into my body namely: MSG and Sodium Nitrite.

Not all your manufacturers are created equal Rasika. Some pride themselves on quality which to them means going back to manufacturing a product that is as close to the original as possible, whilst others simply add preservatives and flavour enhancers as the two I've mentioned above because well...they can!

As far as protein is concerned, it's great. However be aware of different packaging and that the addition of black peppered beef jerky tends to puncture bags easier than most other flavoured jerkies.

Fadi.

was going to add 2 cents but fadi covered everyting..

Hey Guys. Just noticed your comments on micksjerky. I have been buying this for years, it is awesome stuff. No Nitrate and no MSG. I order from him directly. micksjerky@optusnet.com.au he is a great guy to deal with and sens out samples aswell. Good prices also.