• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
M

Mr.Puniverse

Being a shorty (5'2"/158cm) I'm taking inspiration from the short guys like Larry Bernstein but there aint too much information available on the internet about him. Being new to the game I dont know who else fits the bill - short male bodybuilders. Any suggestions? Thanks heaps.

Apologies too if this is in the wrong area of the forum.

Where do you draw the line for "short"? I'm 5,4" (164cm) tall (not short). I hope you're not viewing your height as something negative; are you?

If so, then have you not heard of the term: "The Giant Killer"? This was first reffered to 1977 Mr Universe (not Puniverse) Mr. Danny Padilla who stood at 5' 2" tall and mighty proud having defeated the midlweight as well as the heavyweight classes before taking the overall title home.

DANNY.jpg

450904036_f568b24078.jpg

Mixing it with non other than Arnold the Governormater!

Then you have Mohamed Makkawy from Egypt at 5'4" (I think more like 5'2" also).

MohamedMakkawy2.jpg

Now the late Mohammed benaziza of Algeria was my height at 5'4"

Mohamed%20Ben%20Aziza%20(6).jpg

Another 5'4" giant, none other than the Priest himself, Mr. Lee Priest

22899-bigthumbnail.jpg

And last but not least, here's the tall and the short of it all...

42790653841.jpg

Did I say last but not least? Well, I left the tallest of them for now. How do you like this mighty giant who is 2 inches shorter than Larry Bernstein? This giant is Flavio Baccianini who stands at an incredible height of 4'11"! Now tell me Mr. Puniverse, how short did you say you were?!

flavio02.jpg

39s.jpg

Fadi.

Last edited:
Fadi,

You beat me to it! :D

I take inspiration from Flavio Baccianini too. I remember seeing him posing alongside big Lou Ferrigno, it might have been in the 1993 Olympia? That shot you posted was from the 93 Olympia I think. Anyway, Big Lou was just standing there in a front double bicep and Flavio walked forward under his left arm to start his posing sequence. He's quite a character. A must see for any vertically challenged bodybuilder like myself at 5'6" (168cm). What charisma!

I couldn't find the clip of him walking out past Lou, but here's his solo sequence in the 1993 Mr Olympia:

YouTube - Italian bodybuilder Flavio Baccianini Mr Olympia 1993

And I did not know Lee Priest was 5'4". That is just as inspirational! Time to hit the iron...

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
Name: Neil Gardner.
Nickname: MonstaDwarf.
Marital status: Married with children.
Nationality: Born in Edgeware - United Kingdom. Currently living in Melbourne, Australia. Dual nationality.
Height: 5' 2".

FDBE0151.jpg

Thank you Fadi and others for your response to my query - that's exactly what I wanted to see. Thank you again.

Just to clarify, I dont view my height as a negative - infact I view it as a unique characteristic amongst the "averages". Mind you, I didnt always see it that way particularly during me early pre-teen and teenage years..read easy target for bullies. That was a long time ago. Sorry for the rant.

Mr Padilla is awsome - no wonder he was a giant killer and Mr Priest and Mr Baccianini are equally awsome.

I particularly like the final image with Mr B and the caption:

"196cm - 146cm: Bodybuilding...connecting people".

Any chance you can tell me where you got it from, I'd like to get a large copy for display (and inspiration and motivation).

The average height of a male in australia is 5 ft 10 inch, Female is 5 ft 5 inch.

Human height - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The average male height in Indonesia is 5"2

5'10 for average male in Aus? that's interesting, I thought it would have been more (possibly 6'0).

I'm 174cm (1cm below 5'9) and I rarely tend to come across males who're my height or shorter. I even one time thought I must've shrunk so I got my height measured again, and yea it was 174cm.

Priest and Baccianini are legendary.

I particularly like the final image with Mr B and the caption:

"196cm - 146cm: Bodybuilding...connecting people".

Any chance you can tell me where you got it from, I'd like to get a large copy for display (and inspiration and motivation).

I knew you'd like it that's why I've included it especially for you Champion.

Here's some links:

http://www.ambal.ru/i/39s.jpg

Flavio baccianini and lou ferrigno image by owbfitness on Photobucket

http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/136806-Stem Cell/806/17/lou_ferigno_display.jpg

http://www.darkwoods.com/bodybuilder/male/bb/gallery/fullsize/flavio02.jpg

http://www.darkwoods.com/bodybuilder/male/bb/gallery/fullsize/flavio05.jpg

I left the best to last for you Sir.

[YOUTUBE]SHRx6pqPAQ8[/YOUTUBE]

Fadi.

Name: Neil Gardner.
Nickname: MonstaDwarf.
Marital status: Married with children.
Nationality: Born in Edgeware - United Kingdom. Currently living in Melbourne, Australia. Dual nationality.
Height: 5' 2".

FDBE0151.jpg

ive met him at a national comp before he was competing at the masters. very nice guy. freaky thing is his about wide as he is tall. :eek:

very good shape for his age

I knew you'd like it that's why I've included it especially for you Champion.

Here's some links:

Fadi.

Fadi, you are the best. Thank you. That little routine between Gunter and Flavio is hilarious. Thank you again for sharing.

I met Neil in 2008 when he was judging an IFBB show here in Hobart. Great guy. I like to refer to him as a postal box. Short & wide!

[MENTION=12395]Grunta[/MENTION]; [MENTION=17161]White_Lie[/MENTION]; [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION];

:p

I'll give credit where credit is due. You short fellas prolly have a better cock length to height ratio :eek: