• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Rugby] NRL Player's Lift stats and strenth info thread

Surprised they used Vert.
Would have thought either 20m sprint or the Illinois (?) agility run might be better for RL
(although I will admit to thinking jumping high is much cooler than running fast lol)

It was king of the gym mate - they would of done other things on field.

Spose I'm being a bit nitpicky

They only report on those things because general public get it "oh he benched 150kgs - I only bench 90 - shit hes strong" - if they were to report he did 4.5 secs in a speed test ppl would be like 1. wtf and 2. who gives a shit ...next story lol

Forgot to mention, but one of my teachers worked with the Storm as a S&C assistance (think he was doing an internship or something).
Haven't really got too much out of him, other than that their training is similar to the Broncos, they strength train 2 days a week and use bands occasionally on squats and deadlifts

Forgot to mention, but one of my teachers worked with the Storm as a S&C assistance (think he was doing an internship or something).
Haven't really got too much out of him, other than that their training is similar to the Broncos, they strength train 2 days a week and use bands occasionally on squats and deadlifts

That would have something to do with Craig Bellamy being an assistant to Wayne Bennett a while back. Stole all the good ideas hahaha.

Pretty sure they dont do deadlifts, at least nowhere near max attempts, but I know they follow Westside

Seems a bit odd considering there's a vid of Dan doing a 5RM of something like 200kg haha.

Anyway got any ideas why they wouldn't? Just risk of injury to back?

I'm friends with one of their 5,000,000 strength coaches.

When I asked about their training and lifts, he said they didnt do deads.

For the record, the RDL is a far better exercise, the deadlift is a competition lift, my opinion only, dont flame or hate, not in this thread.

I make the footballers do deads for the record, but they are all novices currently.

I'm slowly beginning to come to that conclusion as well.

I still like doing them cos you can lift heaps of weight lol but I *think* I can understand where you're coming from.