• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Rugby] NRL Player's Lift stats and strenth info thread

I'm not too sure but I am pretty sure he said 5RM, but then again he is hard to understand so maybe it was 1rm haha...

Either way he is a beast.

Sterve Pritchard is a member on here, and at 125kg at 5'10", a pretty big guy.

He just finished 6th in the World Bench championships. Pretty strong guy.

He wouldnt have a chance of benching 240kg x 5 raw, Steve would struggle to get 1 rep, dont tell me a rugby player is going to do that.

Konstantinov couldnt do that, he's a pretty ****ing strong guy.

Derek Boyer is a WSM competitor and the strongest man in Australia. At 140kg, he benches 200kg raw.

The biggest raw bench in Oz is 230kg from what I know, by big Matt from Perth, another powerlifter weighing close to 140kg.

So while I believe 240kg MAY be achievable by a freak, 5 reps isnt.

240 x 5 lol shit rugby union/league players are strong but not 240 x 5 strong....even half reps lol.

Awsome lift, but just being strong does not make a good League player.
I don't even think he has played 1st grade yet.

Your going to see alot of nrl records broken in the coming years with the massive influx of Islander players who are just naturally strong and physical monsters!!

Dave is only 21 which is still young for a prop. Played in the toyota cup and has play 1 NRL game.

Expect to see more of him this year.

"Squat three times his body weight 65 times" so he squats 300kg for 65 reps...yea righto mate.

The papers will be doing these articles again soon, hopefully they get a journo with a understanding of weight training to do it to ensure quality.

from that, to fatso....
Greg+Inglis+South+Sydney+Rabbitohs+Training+L3I9RO9oU-Jl.jpg

Broncos have the best strength and conditioning in the game, prob the world...

I dont get why people want to pay so much for inglis - dont they know they are paying for a name now not really a good player...

He's an in-between now.

Not big enough for a forward (Does not have the work rate anyhow) and lost his speed due to fatness to be a speedy back.

Where the hell do you play him?
Agree with P.S, paying too much for him now.

I just hope he stays in league, Love watching him,
He is impossible to defend against once he gets outside an opponent.

He will play fullback in any club in the NRL except the one Billy Slater is in.
Winnings is whats it's all about, Inglis is a game winner pay the man.

Inglis has had one of the most dramatic weight increases of any league player I can recall in recent years.

I remember when he first hit the scene he was quite lanky (still a teenager then I think) but some of the recent pics of him....shiiiiiiit, he's a full-on porky pig in the face.

Hes one of those dudes that everyone knew as a kid that was just a natrual superstar talent but didnt wanna go that extra mile to be great or even train that hard for what he got.

Its been a big stuff up and he has been looking for to much for what he is - Broncos knew this and now Souths are cummin in there pants to get him for some reason.

AHHHH well let the new league season start soon and they can talk up another new "superstar" into something hes not...lol

Surprised they used Vert.
Would have thought either 20m sprint or the Illinois (?) agility run might be better for RL
(although I will admit to thinking jumping high is much cooler than running fast lol)