• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

some more interesting thoughts

PowerBuilder

In a podcast i subscribe to, a novel concept was discussed that I hadn't actually thought of before. Now i think about it, it makes a lot of sense. It's one of those things that are so obvious it was being overlooked (by myself included).

First off, i think the organization WADA (World Anti Doping Agency) has the wrong name. It gives the impression that athletes who use drugs to increase their performance is wrong, while other activities, such as surgery, sleeping in special sleeping chambers as well as other ergonomic tools for sport is 'ok'. To me, how is it ok that Tiger Woods to get lazer eye surgery, athletes to sleep in a special sleeping chamber which allows them to compete at a higher altitude (in terms of VO2 max)...but when it comes to a professional athlete sticking a needle in his (or her arse) that's wrong?

What I'd love to see is three different olympic games. One for persons with a disability. Since they (like myself) clearly face obstacles that most people don't have. An olympic games for natural athletes. Similiar to what bodybuilding shows have. In this like the current games there's the chance to be drug checked. Thirdly I'd love to see an olympic games for chemicly enhanced athletes. That's right, where athletes are able to use the ergonomic tools that would allow for them to reach their sporting goals.

It should be remembered that we as people are never on a level playing feild. Never. If 'Mike' & 'Allan' were to go head to head against each other in weightlifting, there would be so many variables playing that it's not even close to a level playing feild. There's things such as metabolism, genetic profile, training history & productivity, psychology, CNS..the list goes on & on. Yeah. OK maybe if mike & allan were in the same weight class competing for gold...but it clearly doesn't take much to tip the scales in terms of an uneven playing feild.

Go hard or get a new hobby

I think the key point here is what is a drug ie. invasive in nature, and what stimulates the bodies own natural mechanisms.
Laser eye surgery is available for anyone who needs it and Tiger can argue that it is simply restoring his natural eyesight.Sleeping in special chambers simulates conditions naturally occurring at high altitudes so would they also have to ban high altitude training?Too many ifs buts and maybes.

Additional testosterone is supplied to patients that simply can not produce enough naturally also, obviously.

That's a bit of my point, why the WADA (who i said has a pretty bogus name) allows lazer eye surgery, sleeping in special sleeping chambers, major surgery such as 'Tommy John Surgery', but having an injection or a tablet is unthinkable! Sorry...that's just stupid to me.

Did I understand that right?In that the TJ surgery is not for injured players but simply to help them pitch harder?That,in my mind , is just ethically wrong but it is very hard to argue against as the player would have to be completely recovered before playing again and by the same token a player who takes steroids for medical reasons would have to be recovered and roid free before resuming play.
An argument (as BS as it may be) can be argued for having the TJ surgery as a necessary procedure for physical health reasons.

Edit.
Just read it again thoroughly and it seems it is surgery performed after an injury so I don`t see how you can lump that in with taking a performance enhancing drug.

Last edited:
i wsndaaa see a geared u p plumpcos/... seee hos fast a human can do enchance..how hight that can jump throw etcttc