• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I often see that for OH press. If you can't clean 35-40kg in order to press it....

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume an injury preventing the clean.

I saw a guy on the lat pulldown today that a shrug would have a bigger ROM. I think the only reason the stack was moving was because he was going up and down off the seat pad. Maybe it was some kind of new age, gravity defying, reverse squat?

There was a thing on T-nation a few weeks back where it was a abdominal exercise, kind of crunching whilst seated with arms holding onto the lat pulldown bar. This could be it. Saw a guy at my gym do it not long after the article was posted but never saw him repeat it anytime later.

I often see that for OH press. If you can't clean 35-40kg in order to press it....

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume an injury preventing the clean.

are you saying half repping overhead press? I see that often because a trainer at my gym instructs his clients to not lockout. He says that top part of motion is all tricep. I thought full rom better but im a noob

guy in our gym recently decided he wanted to do a cross fit instructors course so now tells everyone how he is a qualified cross fit instructor then porceeds to do clean and jerks droppin the weight from over head, normally this wouldnt bother me but our PT troop just shelled out for calibrated Eliko weights for our powerlifting meets and its those he drops from over head. Has been told not to but he still doesnt give a sh!t

guy in our gym recently decided he wanted to do a cross fit instructors course so now tells everyone how he is a qualified cross fit instructor then porceeds to do clean and jerks droppin the weight from over head, normally this wouldnt bother me but our PT troop just shelled out for calibrated Eliko weights for our powerlifting meets and its those he drops from over head. Has been told not to but he still doesnt give a sh!t

I would tell him myself - just say sorry mate but these plates are not designed for what you are doing could you please use different plates - then give him a rough idea of how much they cost - say it is a nice but smart ass way.

Is he also the guy that doesn't bother to put his weights away either?

If some one dropped my ivankos I'd give them one warning then they would never be allowed back. A single 25kg Ivanko is worth nearly $200. The eleiko are worth more then that.

are you saying half repping overhead press? I see that often because a trainer at my gym instructs his clients to not lockout. He says that top part of motion is all tricep. I thought full rom better but im a noob

Yes full rom is better, some would say that to not lock your elbows but to press within about an inch of doing so, however ignoring the tricep portion of the rep is a half witted idea if you ask me.

haha, because it's bad to work the triceps. Riiiiight. Sounds full bro, got to keep the tension on the shoulders at all time for maximum TUT :p

Saw a lady sitting backwards on the lat pull down doing BTN. Had to help her out :) She was very appreciative.

I would tell him myself - just say sorry mate but these plates are not designed for what you are doing could you please use different plates - then give him a rough idea of how much they cost - say it is a nice but smart ass way.

Is he also the guy that doesn't bother to put his weights away either?

yes mate he dont put his sh!t away, we have told him and so has everyone else but its a military gym and the section that run it dont have the minerals to ban him from the facility. i hope he breaks one and it hits him the in face and blinds him

Yes full rom is better, some would say that to not lock your elbows but to press within about an inch of doing so, however ignoring the tricep portion of the rep is a half witted idea if you ask me.

i think this comes from trainers who have left school and want to be a PT with no real lifitng experience and they hear 'dont lock out' and take it as gospel to only do half reps but what is actually ment is dont lock out to the point you risk hyper-extension

yes mate he dont put his sh!t away, we have told him and so has everyone else but its a military gym and the section that run it dont have the minerals to ban him from the facility. i hope he breaks one and it hits him the in face and blinds him

Follow him around the gym on day - so everything he does do it straight after him and ask him to put this shit away if he is finished lol....

Got to the gym today, took yesterday off.

Heaps of new equipment in, removed a heap of old stuff. They put in one of those stair climber things which was good:

stairmaster.jpg

Our gym got another one as the soccer mums seem to looove it. The good ones aren't cheap!

They seem to walk up it sideways or something... like bow-legged.

Must think they're hitting different parts of their legs.

probably had strangest day ever at gym was like stepping into Narnia

as i walk into gym area a chick answers mobile and starts convo with her friend while her trainer just looks at her with a wtf face. Then doing seated overhead db press a skinny guy stands directly behind me and just starts flexing and posing, so awkward. People checking themselves out is fine imo but there was so much room entire area was empty. Similar situation to if you were having a shower and someone ask if could share the shower even though every other shower is empty.. think maybe he liked the lighting?
After i went over to smith machine and this dude is lying on the ground and jerking up and down towards the bar about 1 ft up down. Ok maybe i am just unaware and this is an actual good exercise but I have to say it looks someone having a seizure. After he did his reps to infinity he would look all crazy like he was about to run through a brick wall. need to find new gym

i think this comes from trainers who have left school and want to be a PT with no real lifitng experience and they hear 'dont lock out' and take it as gospel to only do half reps but what is actually ment is dont lock out to the point you risk hyper-extension

icic thanks

Last edited:
Trust me, it ain't gonna get any better switching gyms, as I have recently found out. The grass is NOT greener on the other side!

Had to ask a guy to do pushups on a bench instead of the squat rack because there was only one left.

Then my female client squatting twice as much as the other guy using the rack. 75kgx9 at 62kg BW. Proud :)