• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Gym down here is always quiet, but it's gotten even quieter around the peak times which is the usual for this year.
I train at random times in the day, so I see all the different periods. I've been getting a lot of alone time though which is good.

Saw some incredibly fit fighters training yesterday. Was thinking if typical people from commercial gyms see how hard these people train they may actually make some improvements. Serious intensity.

Saw some incredibly fit fighters training yesterday. Was thinking if typical people from commercial gyms see how hard these people train they may actually make some improvements. Serious intensity.
Funny how that works aye.
I train with a reasonable intensity....
A young who used to train at warrior performance when i was there used to only stick to 2-3 sets per compound for strength work. Starting stalling after 6 months or so but something he read said never more than 3 sets so he never did anymore.
He used to watch me and my mate each day doing anything from 3 up 10 sets depending on what was doing etc. Took him another 6 months to realise he just wasnt training hard enough. Then he started adding sets here and there and boom! New progress haha.

My 5 year old niece did a set of 8 chins yesterday. She was starting with her feet on the floor but only the slightest hop to get started. I was impressed anyway.

70kg figure competitor (female of course) with a butt and hamstrings to bring tears to your eyes, deadlifting 205kg. Frikken awesome.

A lot of what I can only assume are NY resolutioners lately. It is clear that their resolution was to increase their poxiess ten fold, although maybe they are dressing up, wearing extra gold fronts and flexing what little muscle they have in the mirror for their Insta or Twitter accounts #imaknobjockey. Hopefully they'll be gone within a month or two.

I actually hope the NYRers stay around at my gym. Most of the new ones I see definitely shouldn't have waiting for new years to get going. I think the bad thing is that everyone thinks it's as easy as what they see on the biggest loser and will lose 50kg in a couple of months.

All the douchebags are the same as last year

I actually hope the NYRers stay around at my gym. Most of the new ones I see definitely shouldn't have waiting for new years to get going. I think the bad thing is that everyone thinks it's as easy as what they see on the biggest loser and will lose 50kg in a couple of months.

All the douchebags are the same as last year

Most of the NYers I'm seeing aren't overweight people needing a change in lifestyle, I would always encourage these people and there are a couple of hoooge guys at my gym atm and I think it's good to see them getting in there; most of the people I'm seeing are just straight up wankers who think they're going to be the next Rich Piano.

NYR's are alright, especially if they are the yoga pants wearing variety. A large number of middle agers rocking up as well. At least they don't act wanky, keep to themselves, and rarely stray out of the machines area.

I wish all kunce would fuck off from my gym, kunce always in my way, always some kunce on the equipment I want and too many smell like taxi drivers, not a day of BO this smelled like weeks of it.

How much equipment do you need to do curls? If the db's are taken use a bb. Or are kunce actually squatting in the curling rack?

How much equipment do you need to do curls? If the db's are taken use a bb. Or are kunce actually squatting in the curling rack?

There is a process kunce, ez bar first, then straight bar then DBs, then preacher, an order needs to be followed, ets why you got no guns bro, anarchy doesn't work.

There is a process kunce, ez bar first, then straight bar then DBs, then preacher, an order needs to be followed, ets why you got no guns bro, anarchy doesn't work.
Is that where I'm going wrong?
I'm always straight bar, then db's and maybe ez to finish