• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
you serious? bcaa powder taste sooooooo bad, so so bad!!!

i saw a dude next to me on the leg press, 1 plate a side, 1 leg at a time, but pushes it up, "lets it fly up and freefall back down while he switches legs", starts to catch it but it hits the bumper, then repeats. omg, fail.

Time to stop visiting your local crossfit box lmao..

you serious? bcaa powder taste sooooooo bad, so so bad!!!

i saw a dude next to me on the leg press, 1 plate a side, 1 leg at a time, but pushes it up, "lets it fly up and freefall back down while he switches legs", starts to catch it but it hits the bumper, then repeats. omg, fail.

Hahaha gotta be some PT leading him down the garden path with new exercises to make himself look useful.

I don't mind flavoured BCAAs at all. Xtend tastes great and even no frills ones like BN or GNC home brand are fine.

Reactions: C_T
They're over powered with sugary goodness though. Taste some pure amino powder one day, tastes nothing like xtend

They're over powered with sugary goodness though. Taste some pure amino powder one day, tastes nothing like xtend

Unflavoured tastes like ass. The BN 'Amino recovery' flavours are good, not as sickly as some of the extend flavours. They have a good profile.

BCAAs on their own are very bitter and chalky. So most flavoured BCAAs try to mask the bitterness with something fruity. Works most of the time but sometimes you get that bitter aftertaste.

Plenty of practically zero carb, flavoured options.

Abso-rootly.

BCAAs on their own are very bitter and chalky. So most flavoured BCAAs try to mask the bitterness with something fruity. Works most of the time but sometimes you get that bitter aftertaste.

If you mix a couple of scoops in say 1.5 litres of water for your workout I find the slight bitter character refreshing. My experience withExtend and BNs flavours is that they are all G2G. Some of the extend flavours can be a bit sweet though.

Chain'd Out has got that bitterness, I rate it better than Xtend. Stuff is just too sweet for me now (never thought I'd say that). I do have some Skittles and Sour Patch kids BCAA's on their way though [emoji33]

Chain'd Out has got that bitterness, I rate it better than Xtend. Stuff is just too sweet for me now (never thought I'd say that). I do have some Skittles and Sour Patch kids BCAA's on their way though [emoji33]

Jesus! I had no idea that stuff existed. Ordering immediately.

Haha yep waiting on review of that shiz.

Training at a different gym than usual and saw what I would describe as a squat-press-lateral-raise. I can only hope it's some new crossfit exercise but I think it was some dude with no clue which muscle group he was trying to work.

saw a guy standing on a bosu ball, using a Torsonator type thing. I used to think this sort of stuff was urban legend.

I'm sure his core was SUPER engaged.

The people doing stuff like that are always the people that look the same, week after week, year after year.