• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I lent my head and back on the mirror today and stepped away to see I left this foggy imprint from my singlet.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379396465242.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379396465242.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 133
It's not what I saw today, it was what I smelt. This older guy using the machine next to me just reeked. I almost gagged. Didn't realise people could smell so bad.

Another lanky guy being coached by the PT at the gym, struggling at 60kg for reps. So what does he do, starts yelling "DEEPER!" every time he went for it. The last rep he yelled "DEEPEST!", and I could barely stifle my laugh. It was hell distracting as I was trying to overhead squat with a straight face.

Theres an older guy who ive given some programming and technique advice on, his son was training tonight, its obviously been passed on.

15yrs old, 50 something kilos, stringbean of a kid, squatting 62.5 for 3x5 to depth.

Just saw a little kid, who was at the gym with his dad, step onto a treadmill while a lady was running on it, and he got absolutely axed. Shouldn't laugh but it was too good.

Was in the news today.

Martin passes out with a 180kg front squat - YouTube

POOR Martin. He was just trying to set a new personal best at the gym and it all went horribly wrong.
You can see the steely determination in his eyes at the start. He's pumped for the 180kg front squat ahead of him.
He just forgot to breathe, which is a critical component of squatting ... and not fainting.
But don't worry about Martin. His gym says he got right up and walked away from the crushing gym fail. And he's going to have another crack at it this week (his current PB is 172.5kg).
Apparently he'd just lifted the bar too close to his windpipe.
Good luck with the next attempt, Martin.

Last edited:
Was in the news today.

Martin passes out with a 180kg front squat - YouTube

POOR Martin. He was just trying to set a new personal best at the gym and it all went horribly wrong.
You can see the steely determination in his eyes at the start. He's pumped for the 180kg front squat ahead of him.
He just forgot to breathe, which is a critical component of squatting ... and not fainting.
But don't worry about Martin. His gym says he got right up and walked away from the crushing gym fail. And he's going to have another crack at it this week (his current PB is 172.5kg).
Apparently he'd just lifted the bar too close to his windpipe.
Good luck with the next attempt, Martin.

Ouch...that looks like he got hurt bad.

Martin Nguyen is a disgrace to the name Martin! I demand a public flogging possibly a hanging and he be stripped of his name and be given a shit name like Peter or Mark with a c! ******