• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
So I was at Jetts the other day.* Guy and his GF walk over to the squat rack.* Wrap a beach towel around the bar....hmm.* Then the fun begins.* Guy starts.* He backs up into the rack, unracks the bar and walks out.* The bar is on about a 30 deg angle because he was no way near the centre.* GF is starting in front of him face to face to spot.* Luckily he is only 1/4 squatting and she is basically overhead pressing the bar to help as the guy was pretty tall.* Then it's her turn so they switch it up and do it all over again.* I thought I should say something but this was seriously way too entertaining. *

No, no, you shouldn't interrupt their mating ritual foreplay lol
I hope they sported matching apparel, and that she had enough buttwink to make their circus act worthwhile

Absolutely nothing.

20151205_230416.jpg

20151205_230520.jpg

Watching not participating at the GPC push pull today.

Saw people, young and old, putting up big numbers. A young girl of 14/15 breaking the GPC bench record on each 3 lifts.

A few guys opening at 200kg on the bench.

But best of all everyone cheering and urging the lifters on.

Oh and a side note, I realised a powerlifting comp is probably the only place were it's ok for a dude to yell at another dude "come on get it up!"

Definitely school holidays, the bro packs are out. Groups of 4 seems to be the go for some reason, all taking Bradley Martyn's "everyday is arm day" advice but not training anything else.

Also seen a PT doing what I can only describe as Robocop curls. Stuck his arm in one of those cross fit log things and did curls with it as an extension of his arm. I thought he was just mucking around but he did 3 or 4 sets

There's this skinny ass PT that I don't like that much, not even sure if he even lifts himself but sure does a great job at teaching other horrible form. Whacks 2 x 10's on a barbell and tells some chick who hasn't squatted before to just 'go for it' without any cues or instruction apart from 'just sit down halfway and stand straight back up again'. Was surprised there was no snap city but could hear her complaining about sore back and that was the end of the session lol. Playing with fire this young dud.

Kipping pullups on assisted pullup machine

Old dude with awesome form on front squats and kb movements.

Jetts TV told me to swap my Xmas pudding for a raw healthy version. How about fuck off!

Saw a big bloke (my mate haha) doing single leg calf raises to death. Made me sick. Haha.
He trains just to be a bad arse...and quite successfully too haha. Been trying to talk him into a PL comp. 280/190/270 is just what ive witnessed haha. Probably weighs between 100 and 110. 5'10. Jacked ****.

Fark holidays suck. Too many people in the gym, 39 degrees outside and the AC can't keep up inside....and some kunce threw up in the urinal. At least do it in a toilet so you can flush the shit down!

Fark holidays suck. Too many people in the gym, 39 degrees outside and the AC can't keep up inside....and some kunce threw up in the urinal. At least do it in a toilet so you can flush the shit down!
Really? i found to opposite, only 3 of us in the gym today, basically had the place to ourselves, no complaints here.

That's how it normally is when I train any time between 9 and 3. Might have been a bit better around lunch time but the place was pretty busy

I think that's just gyms all year round. Been going at lunch and it's nearly empty. Afternoons are still packed.