• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
That annoys me! People on phones in the gym and people who don't use towels. Its getting worse and will continue to get worse.
The only time I took my phone into the gym was in the last trimester of my wifes pregnancy. But it never was used, kept on silent and would only have a quick glance at it every 10 min incase the wife rang.
People on phones annoyed me that much I cancelled my membership :'(
+1

Phones really should be banned on the gym floor. If I see people sitting on a bench texting or whatever hogging equipment, I just pick up their stuff and use it. Most of the time they are done anyway and just being inconsiderate fucks.

Hard one with the phones, I usually have mine with me but that's because I bring up my training spreadsheet to follow (my memory is about as good as a custard tart so need it!).
Definitely no facebooking, texting, taking selfies going on though haha!

Seen today in the gym: a guy kneeling on a mat doing side raises with 6kg dumbbells... with straps helping him hold onto the dumbbells.

This is the same guy who abused one of my clients for dropping her cleans. He's had a PT for 4 years.

The young crossfit lass who insists on wearing Under Amour Spandex short shorts........I have not issues with her.

OH, I almost forgot, a guy was raising the height of the cable cross over multi station thing and the bar you would do curls or tri extensions on hit him fair and square in the plums on the way past........that was me.....:eek:

Last edited:
This is why I like my shed...I can Facebook on my phone, crank up my metal, fuck my missus...do whatever the fuck I want to do without some kunt whinging about it.
Why does anybody get annoyed about what others are doing? Worry about yourself...

Last edited:
Why does anybody get annoyed about what others are doing? Worry about yourself...

Yeah I couldn't care less about what others are doing in the gym as long as it doesn effect me personally, like hogging a bench or whatever for half and hour while stuffing around on their phone and not lifting, not that I have encountered problems like this at my current gym

This is why I like my shed...I can Facebook on my phone, crank up my metal, fuck my missus...do whatever the fuck I want to do without some kunt whinging about it.

As long as the mrs waits til youve finished a set or spots you on the next one, its ok.
I like my shed gym too, but I dont have facebook and Ive never done the deed while training, will add that to my bucket list before the year is out. Thanks [MENTION=9039]D1cko[/MENTION];

As long as the mrs waits til youve finished a set or spots you on the next one, its ok.
I like my shed gym too, but I dont have facebook and Ive never done the deed while training, will add that to my bucket list before the year is out. Thanks [MENTION=9039]D1cko[/MENTION];

Mate it's the best, set up the phone or laptop and record it too...great thing about the bench and rack, incline/decline... You can get all sorts of angles!! Lol

I read forum more between sets than any other time. Setup WiFi access point in the shed for that and streaming music.

New guy at the gym asked me to spot his seated shoulder press. Wanting to at least appear sociable and friiendly to newbies, I said Ok how many do you wanna do? 5. Right, so he swings the 25kg DBs up, starts pushing and gets stuck halfway.. this was the first rep. So I 'spotted' him by pushing up on his elbows. Second rep was worse and I asked if that was it, seeing this was too heavy. "No!" he shouted, and went for it again. By the fifth rep I got a nice pump in my biceps. Then he didn't even have the strength to lower it back down but dumped the dumbells from head height to the ground with mighty bangs, missing my feet by about an inch.

Worse thing was he then had the audacity to look at me with an expectant face, perhaps waiting for a high-5 or a cheerful 'It's all you, bro!' comment from me. I just walked off lol.

Last edited:
I saw a similar thing a few days ago at my camp gym lol...
Some workmates were benching and after a hard "warm up" he proceeded to rack up 100kg and do 5 half reps with the spotter almost failing his bicep curl reps.