• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
What I saw at the gym TODAY was...

...a dog.

Yes.

A dog.

The four-legged, furry, woof-woof kind.

In the gym. On the gym floor.

I saw a guy today who I know as a fact is juicing, giving some terrible advice to a young novice about how to get big (and also telling him how he too can easily get big by using heaps of protein powder etc).

He then proceeded to tell the kid how he doesn't even take it that seriously and he doesn't really care about it that much. He obviously takes it pretty seriously if he's willing to do steroids.

I saw a guy today who I know as a fact is juicing, giving some terrible advice to a young novice about how to get big (and also telling him how he too can easily get big by using heaps of protein powder etc).

He then proceeded to tell the kid how he doesn't even take it that seriously and he doesn't really care about it that much. He obviously takes it pretty seriously if he's willing to do steroids.

Maybe it's because he doesn't wanna take it that seriously that he's willing to do roids. I think of it as people use it because they can't push themselves any further without it. Or because they don't want to invest the time to get the same results. I'd say it sounds like he's the second one.

What I saw at the gym TODAY was...

...a dog.

Yes.

A dog.

The four-legged, furry, woof-woof kind.

In the gym. On the gym floor.

If I had my gym I would have my dog there. He would have his own room it is called the Cardio room. You want cardio you chase my dog for 10 minutes better than any machine in the world.

a lot more kids around my age younger in the gym today, gotta get ripped for schoolies/holidays they think

during thw week at work..i take 6 or so guys from work in the city to do Hit training twice a week at hyde park in the city..
Today while doing burpees/sprint work there was 3 girls doing a class with their PT (she was damn fine .. had short shorts on and a crop top.. and was teaching kettlebell movements .. swings/UDl's/cannonballs) ..

it was my duty as a AUSBB member to rip off zee shirt and show zee abs (currently on carb cycle diet :D) 11%BF. Since she was cock teasing the boyz every time she did swings..

i could see feel her staring under them sunnies when i ran past..

Next tuesday i will take pics.. and we will continue this game

Thats the way sir ceffo! Get their juices going!

I haven't seen anything really worth reporting lately, other than idiots squatting more than me (but i would not call it squatting) and the girl that has her knees .5m past here feet while squatting.

There was a few guys that took about 7 sets of DB in front of their bench and took turns spotting doing each others reps.
But i like it, keeps me amused.

I discovered something cool, go to a smaller pokey gym for ego boost, its great being the biggest person there!

270kg squats 2 sets of 3!! Was in awe..

The gym also has a great selection of curl bros, but I prefer to watch the impressive boys and lovely ladies

Last edited:
i do wonder if you go to some of these smaller family gyms and your more muscular than most ..

do people see u as self obsorbed gym fanatic?
or see u as a person who gives them a wake up call?
interesting

i do wonder if you go to some of these smaller family gyms and your more muscular than most ..

do people see u as self obsorbed gym fanatic?
or see u as a person who gives them a wake up call?
interesting

Hmmmm interesting yes.

LOL

We have one bloke that came into the gym a few times, massive quads, so huge! I idol his legs, i always wanted legs so big I cannot wear jeans!

Only took him 15 years of training. Ah well, ill get there

2 somaons who harldy ever train walked into my gym.. and just said bru can u show me how to squat..

He ended up doing 220kg for a single.. (calves/legs as big as tree trunks)

Some certain nationalities/people are gentically built to lift heavy without any formal training..
Just the way life is..

2 somaons who harldy ever train walked into my gym.. and just said bru can u show me how to squat..

He ended up doing 220kg for a single.. (calves/legs as big as tree trunks)

Some certain nationalities/people are gentically built to lift heavy without any formal training..
Just the way life is..

Right, but the question is, how much work would that person put into increasing that 220 to 320, 400?

I dont give a rats arse how much a person can move, ceffo, to me, it's about how much that person can improve over protracted time.

What do you think?

Right, but the question is, how much work would that person put into increasing that 220 to 320, 400?

my post was more about genetics bulding a "base" for lifting. I believe the guys who are built for a certian sport will find gains and lifts easier and dont have to put in the 100% effort. I remember the bulgarians saying that hey would look for hook grip length before allowing a certain person to be trained as a weightlifter or dont bother applying.

I believe the same goes for lifting in general and powerlifting (bodybuilding is an exception as u can hide your flaws in certain ways)

I dont give a rats arse how much a person can move, ceffo, to me, it's about how much that person can improve over protracted time.

What do you think?

Yes i agree with you there. but other factors here come into play
It depends on how much protacted time were are referring to here?
And is this in terms of athletes? General Population?
And how much u can push them to get there in the potracted time?

LOL why is this being discussed in this thread..