• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I'll give a rough run down

Today we did goblet squats and nautilus circuits, yesterday we did goblet squats and nautlius circuits, tomorrow we will do goblet squats and nautilus circuits :p

Years ago Graham I would have invited you to a workout, these days I don't give a damn (no hate, just comfortable in my own skin, nothin to prove), I don't beat the drum like I used to, if people do want to sincerely commit to working-out (and that's workout hard using the basic compound movements, barbell and machine, using the same template with consistency day after day, year after year I will help them and I do get excited when I see change in appearance, attitude and strength.

I do use the* nautilus equipment, (it's the old stuff, not the recent) but my focus is mainly on barbell and multi joint movements with an emphasis on very hard work.

* the nautilus machines I own are the machines that jones was directly involved with (70's~80's) which have totally different characteristics compared to anything else.

I don't have the answer to everything, but I can sure administer a brutal workout safely, one where the trainee would literally need to lye down for twenty minutes after a 12 minute workout.

Most of the workouts run at the factory last for about 20 minutes, due to time contraints.

These blokes are beginners and they workout every day, they have have worked every day for the last three months, starting with a full body workout using all the basic exercise, mainly focused on barbell work, now progressed to using an "A" and "B" template, still working every day, one lad is progressing so well, will need to workout every second soon.

I'll only use goblet's if one cannot or does not understand how to squat.

.....someone doing a single arm dumbbell press on a flat bench with their left arm for 6 reps. They then proceeded to do that with their right arm next..... FYI, they had a 'trainer' hold their body to the bench the whole time.

Clearly taking the piss Andy.

I respect your way of training as clearly it gets desired results from those undertaking it.

More than one way to skin a cat, as they say.

I got a clip of a group of lads on the leg press doing 300kg. all of them were moving the weight about 2 inches and there was a person on each side putting in all thier effort to help move this thing.
Ill post the link in a moment

I was quite chuffed one day when I just PB-d my leg press at 280kg, and some w@nker had to come spoil it by asking me to share the weights around...

^feed em ba!

Over last 2-3 nights iv'e seen the local roider get louder and louder. Not sure if he is just seeking attention or actually thinks grunting loud enough for blokes outside to hear helps his gains, either way it's not on! ha

i had a video of some guy doing the worst deadlifts ive ever seen. I deleted it though because i was too far away (can't zoom on iphone video) and he was in the top right corner, so you had to break your neck to see it. Dam it would have made a funny video, im talking screaming and the back completely rounded and so much hitching going on. only being 100kg on the bar made it more entertaining.

took a photo of myself after gym and thought..
dw im just bulking brah
297799_2301890878105_1574214677_2239700_1689867669_n.jpg

Last edited:
a guy i haven't met in 3 years (club rugby) in the gym, was a bit awkward after hi, we would always end up near eachother haha. not homo.

Some really hot chick.

last night - some woman doing incline dumbbell presses, had the HAIRIEST arm pits i have ever seen, more hair than me! was disgusting.

some old indian dude who was doing half bw squat on the bench press, just absouletly starting at me, im talking like 30 seconds. I looked at him a few times hoping he would look away but nope. weird guy

met someone i haven't seen for 4 years (old rugby club), seen him around a few times but he finally came up to me and asked if i was who he thought i was.

2 really really skinny kids, young, doing way to heavy weight on cable flyes, and their body was going all over the place.

This new zealand kid came in with his highschool shirt, big tall fella probly only 16. had the israel folou greg inglis body type. Did endless sets of barbell bicep curls with 30 kilos, he didnt even go near muscalar failure, after that he went and did lat pulldowns with light weight and heaps of reps again didnt go anywhere near muscalar failure. then grabbed his bag and left :/

6 chin up bars FREE, yet some clown goes and uses the Smith Machine to do chin up or what resembled a monkey hanging in a tree trying to grab a banana.

lol the other day this tall guy came in the gym drenched in swett, he is a cop anyway just did heaps of push ups and sit ups then left he didnt use any eqiupment at all just the ground

i dont have a problem with it bud i just thought it was funny cause he came in and went straight into doing push ups then sit ups then push ups again for 10 minutes then left

The gym owner fuckin had a go at me for using powerlifting chalk when i did deadlifts, cause it goes on the floor and he has to clean it up. fuckin wanker