• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yeah they rarely every do. Only a few times has there actually been another person there squatting when I go and only once in 2 and a bit months I have actually had to wait.

i dont see how weights could fall off the bar when benching unless you a complete uncoordinated idiot. lol

and why would you use collars?? (unless you have a spot, then they are ok)

For unco people and in case you lose a lift due to injury. If you screwed up and a plate dropped on my foot I would smack you over the head with it. It's rare but it does happen. And no I don't use collars in my home gym just at work.

It's different when you have a spot to when you don't as well.
yeah, if im alone i never use collars for bench, so if i get stuck i can tilt the bar so the weight falls off so i dont get pinned. but when im with minh or have a spot ill use them coz i wont get pinned.

I don't think the racks at Spartan's get too much use.
The DBs and EZ curl bar in front of the mirrors on the other hand . . .

How many racks do they have there now?

I used to go there about 6 years ago, from memory, he had four?

When I was there, the racks were used quit often, by a group of power litters, nice blokes.

In the small peoples section, last time I went in, there was a full cage and a half cage.
In the big peoples section there is 2 or 3 . . . Marduk trains there ask him :p

*edit* he beat me to it.

Marduk, Andy's little warehouse gym is actually around the corner from Spartan's on Colchester(?) road

Well, in a factory off mountain highway.

@5pm there were 4 or 5 big bastards there that would hog the racks, all wrapped up in their jump suits.

One rep every five minutes.

Andy, do you train clients or is it just a personal gym?

I bought this equipment for my own use.

There are four boys now using the machines, I let them use for free.
I knock people back as I haven't the time, it's frustrating.

The results of these workouts are literally outstanding.

I'll give a rough run down

Today we did goblet squats and nautilus circuits, yesterday we did goblet squats and nautlius circuits, tomorrow we will do goblet squats and nautilus circuits :p