• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I find it hilarious when I see ppl (guys/gals) do a set

of whatever then chat for 5 minutes and then moves on t
he next set, chats for another 10 etc.. :eek:

Is it me or isn’t a gym meant to be working out??

Maybe they like to pay $$ to stand around.

Hahahahahaha I actually clicked on that link *hangs head*

I guess this is more of what I DONT see at the gym, but no one squats outside of the smith machine, not many bench (even though the flat bench and incline are brand new and shiny and shit), and I have yet to see anyone dead (in any variation), MP or Power Clean.

TBQH it makes me feel a bit silly when you know someone is watching you do military presses and wondering why you aren't alternating dumbbell curls with them.

I just think of the end result and it keeps me more than motivated.

I saw a big smile on my face.

I felt and looked bloated from the heat, my toe joint decided it was time for some intense pain and I couldn't stand comfortably, the air con was broken and the windows didn't open, and all I could see was a sweaty, fat, overheated, cranky figure in the mirror trying to knock out a few bent-over rows. I finished my second work set with a conversation to myself about just shutting up and doing the work, and a stranger walked past with a loud, "GREAT WORK!" and he made eye contact to make sure I had heard. I forgot everything for a moment, grinned back and made some lame comment like, "Didn't bloody feel like it," but inside it made my day.

just replying to the add.

i like long walks on the bench and getting caught in the rain while benching, and opening a bottle of WPI and watching pumping iron.

Wow, I actually saw these guys today. They wouldn't have been in the gym 20 minutes. There was two of them, they did a set on the flat bench each, a half a set on the incline bench, and then I saw them getting in their car in the carpark... wtf?!?

Wow, I actually saw these guys today. They wouldn't have been in the gym 20 minutes. There was two of them, they did a set on the flat bench each, a half a set on the incline bench, and then I saw them getting in their car in the carpark... wtf?!?

lol

Ive seen a guy come in and just do multiple sets of curls.. then leave streight away.
Must of being going out on a date

Saw a mate at the gym deadlifting half-heartedly. He complained to me that he's been stuck at 100kg for a long time (which happens to be the same as his Bench press and squat). I showed him how to deadlift with real determination and effort and he pulled 120kg with some left in the tank. He's over the moon and loves deadlifting now!

A lot of people at my gym squat and deadlift with no real effort, just like he did. No wonder they never progress. If only they do those with the same gusto they have on bicep curls and bench press...

Sounds like he needed form correction if he can jump 20kgs just like that.

His form was very good even on the +20kg. He mainly wasn't confident enough to lift a more challenging weight. He was lifting way below his capability.

I saw a man doing one-armed dips across two benches. Was glorious to watch, especially when he maintained perfect form when he was chatting to someone else during a set. Then he got up and did a strut around that demonstrated so much self belief in his glory that it just wasn't glorious any more.

I saw not one, not two, but THREE guys squatting deep in the rack next to me, and none of them was curling! Before that, I'd seen two in 3-4 months.

Saw a hugely fat guy doing a 20kg lat pulldown by lifting his butt off the bench and slamming it down. The poor weights have no chance.

I saw not one, not two, but THREE guys squatting deep in the rack next to me, and none of them was curling! Before that, I'd seen two in 3-4 months.

OMG!!! thats like hens teeth.. I usually get guys curling the olypic bar with 5kgs weights in there..

Kinda shits me when i have to do squats and they do curls :rolleyes:

I saw deadlifting bodyweight and military pressing half bodyweight for many reps. After this half bodyweight was chucked on the bar and we went for a little walk. That got me puffing :)

An old guy came past, "Lifting weights, eh? I used to do that when I was younger."
"You still can, if you want."
"No, I'm 81."
"There are 82 year old powerlifters in competition, sir."
"Not me!"

I also see more isolation exercises in my gym than you can poke a stick, everyone is afraid of the olympic lifts and when i deadlift 180kg and start banging weights around, i usually get a small crowd around me, like i've invented fire for the first time.

I believe a good mix of isolation stuff and compound movements.

when i deadlift 180kg and start banging weights around, i usually get a small crowd around me, like i've invented fire for the first time.

Lol! Just trying to imagine a gaggle of gaping gym-goers watching you like you've just invented fire.... do they say anything to you or each other?