• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
In a similar vein...

Saw a big Maori guy do full ATG squats with 260kg. 6x20kg plates on either side of the olympic bar. All the way down and all the way up for about 6 reps. Was beautiful to behold. When he put the weight back on the rack the whole thing lifted off the ground.

Some other guy with decent muscularity but not half as big as this guy decided to show off a bit and jumped on the leg press and loaded it with about 300kg in plates and squeezed out a couple of tiny reps where he basically just flexed his knees. Then had the hide to ask the big guy whether he wanted him to leave his weights on the leg press as a way to show off a bit. Big guy put him in his place and told him his form was sh!t and dropped it to 80kg and made him do full reps with wide feet. Guy was sweating and straining the whole way.

At least the big guy was good about it and actually genuinely seemed to want to correct this other guy's form.

Whole process was a bit of a spectacle.

Cheers,
Mike

I always feel envious of the maoris. Just born giants. Most dont even lift weights and are stronger than your average lifter of several years. before they even lift they have a bodyweight of like 100kgs at 17 years old. DAMIT!!!

Wow, 100kg, huge.... yawn.

Set your sights a bit higher Ceffo.

LAWL 100kg at 17 years old? I only new back at that age 4-5 guys out of a class/grade of 60 who was "naturally" that weight and size. Sure u may have known guys who were 100 plus at that age but most were fat blobs.

ANywayz.. im comparing oranges and watermelons on this forum sometimes.

I was 100kg at 17... not a fat blob either. Played footy, worked out.

Being 6"6 probably helped :)

I saw a guy doing DB Military press with 35kg db's. He had a guy each side pushing his elbows up and they where struggling. Was pretty lol.

One of the PT here always wears the most tightest outfits (kind of like that suzanna chikc videos) .. Makes coming to the gym to train that much more appealing :D

Ok im going to the toilet for a rub i think.. just thinking about that ass .. DAMN IT!!

I`m hoping it was a girl.........:cool:

Yesterday I saw guys busting their ass with the prowler, tyre flips, box jumps, log press and it was all business as usual.

I <3 my gym.

Today I saw a guy pulling a cable while lying on the ground like Jessica Rabbit, a girl bouncing on a swiss ball, a guy half squatting 60kg with bitch pad, two bros leg-pressing, and half a dozen doing a variety of curls & pulls in front of the big mirror.

My gym >>>> your gym! :p

LAWL 100kg at 17 years old? I only new back at that age 4-5 guys out of a class/grade of 60 who was "naturally" that weight and size. Sure u may have known guys who were 100 plus at that age but most were fat blobs.

ANywayz.. im comparing oranges and watermelons on this forum sometimes.
Again, 100kg isn't that great, I was over 100kg at 17, but I'm like Blue, I'm 6fy 5".

If I was a 4" midget then that would be alarming.

Again, 100kg isn't that great, I was over 100kg at 17, but I'm like Blue, I'm 6fy 5".

If I was a 4" midget then that would be alarming.

Id hate to be 4inches , hang on what are we talking about? :p

Last edited:
Last night I saw a man doing tri pushdowns ... while wearing boxing gloves.
Was rather odd. I later worked out he was alternating with whacking the punching bag. Now I can officially say I've seen everything.

Last night I saw a man deadlifting for the first time, and doing exercises where he had learned what muscles were working, and why he was doing them, instead of just doing what some trainer had told him to do. He was happy.

Yes, I trained a guy ;)

Nice :) hopefully ill be in your shoes soon too mate.

Last night I saw a man deadlifting for the first time, and doing exercises where he had learned what muscles were working, and why he was doing them, instead of just doing what some trainer had told him to do. He was happy.

Yes, I trained a guy ;)

I saw myself in the bathroom..flexing, posing..all the stuff that's too awkward to do at a commercial gym.

The craziest consistent thing i see at the gym is women that use cardio machines for hours like 1 hour treadmill then hop on the bike for an hour etc and young men that only do like 5 minutes of cardio. I can understand up to an hour cause cardio is very relaxing but more than that just seems overboard. 5minutes is just a waste of time the only reason id do that is as a warm up for weigths but these people jut sit around and talk half the time.

Also what is it with women and those super skin tight cloths they use for working out. I mean i like it and all but i cant imagine it would be comfy for working out in. It also must be hot as.

I saw a group of 4 guys using the bench press for 45 MINS! Benching the bar with 5kg plate on each side. My girl benches 40kg FFS. My gym only has one decent bench press. :(

Funnily enough I saw the exact same thing today.

Every gym has the Bench Bunch

Though typically benching 60 or 70kg, the spotters are doing most of the work. They occasionally try for a 1rep max, where the bar drops like a stone onto the guys chest then the 3 spotting mates, veins bulging, help him lift the bar back up. High fives among the group promptly follow.