• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Poor dude yesterday got an erection and he was wearing shorts made out of stiff parachute-type material so there was nowhere for his man bits to hide. There wasn't much he could do about it because he was standing on a bosu ball with a dumbbell in each hand and risked bringing the lot down.

There were other women around who were hopefully the object of his affections, thank christ, as I was in baggy pants, paint-spattered t-shirt and looked like I'd been trawled from the bottom of the ocean.

Also saw a chap who was either an old looking 73 or young looking 80 knocking out a few kilometres on the rowing machine. It was stinking hot in there but he was in a full fleece-lined tracksuit and old-style peaked cap with a towel over his shoulder. He rocked the house in my mind until he got up and unzipped the tracksuit top to his naval and walked around. Wear a friggin' t-shirt instead, please. I don't need to see the future just yet.

Poor dude yesterday got an erection and he was wearing shorts made out of stiff parachute-type material so there was nowhere for his man bits to hide. There wasn't much he could do about it because he was standing on a bosu ball with a dumbbell in each hand and risked bringing the lot down.

There were other men around who were hopefully the object of his affections, thank christ, as I was in baggy pants, paint-spattered t-shirt and looked like I'd been trawled from the bottom of the ocean.

fixed. No real man uses a bosu ball.

Some Blond Girl that thought she was soo hot... She was doing bicep curls in the free weights section with small dumbells and after her set of eight would read her magazine for a couple minutes...

I saw a dude doing (not even half) squats in a smith machine with 40kg and a squat sponge around the bar.

He seems pretty fit, so it was quite odd.

I saw a big fella work his way up to 180kg for reps. He then went over to the power rack and floor pressed 180kg for singles. He asked some random to spot him when he got to 180kg and they guy spotting was shitting himself lawls.

In a similar vein...

Saw a big Maori guy do full ATG squats with 260kg. 6x20kg plates on either side of the olympic bar. All the way down and all the way up for about 6 reps. Was beautiful to behold. When he put the weight back on the rack the whole thing lifted off the ground.

Some other guy with decent muscularity but not half as big as this guy decided to show off a bit and jumped on the leg press and loaded it with about 300kg in plates and squeezed out a couple of tiny reps where he basically just flexed his knees. Then had the hide to ask the big guy whether he wanted him to leave his weights on the leg press as a way to show off a bit. Big guy put him in his place and told him his form was sh!t and dropped it to 80kg and made him do full reps with wide feet. Guy was sweating and straining the whole way.

At least the big guy was good about it and actually genuinely seemed to want to correct this other guy's form.

Whole process was a bit of a spectacle.

Cheers,
Mike

A second-hand story:- My wife was in the gym last night doing low rack pulls (the gym lacks bumper plates, and she's only just started using a 45lb plate on each side) and another woman from one of her aerobics classes came by doing shoulder presses with 3kg dumbells. She watched the rack pulls, by the end of the third work set my wife was taking a bit longer to reset between pulls, breathing heavily and sweating hard.

"Wow, that looks so tiring! I think you're lifting too heavy."
"When it's hard, that's when I'm making things change. If it doesn't make you sweat it's pointless."
"But it's not so hard when I do this," said the woman, pressing her 3kg dumbell.
"That's because you need to use more weight."
"Oh. See you in class."

Apparently this idea that it should be fcking hard is a novel and frightening one for some.

Really hot girl doing 1001 things with a big ball in front of me. Always a favourite. Best visual supplement ever!

Last edited:
I saw everything from 100kg military presses to 130kg snatches to 150kg clean and jerks to 200kg squats.

I saw no treadmills, no spin class and no bosu balls. The only equiptment I saw was bars, platforms, bumper plates, racks and a bench press.

I love my gym.

Yesterday I saw a lot of dust in my garage while I used the bar and plates austy has sold me and kindly dropped off. It's a bit lonely, I need a training partner.

Change "some" to "many" and I think you'd be spot on.

I see few people at the gym do a hard, honest workout. Most look way too comfortable.

what drives me crazy, is when you notice somebody training hard (as in a single set), then the move onto a soft easy set. For example, their squatting 90k for almost parallel, then for the last 2 reps of the last set, they actually go beneath parallel

fixed. No real man uses a bosu ball.

So, so wrong yet so, so funny :D.

PowerBuilder, I had no idea what the bosu ball was for ... but I know what a Swiss ball is for: apparently perve material when attractive women are stretching and a play thing for baby elephants!

4344213983_cf0f6b4026.jpg

yesterday a GAY (no im not discriminating) guy wore no shirt and just biker shorts on (very tight) on the treadmill sweating away.. he was quite fat. Thing was the shorts were see through and left nothing to the imagination. :eek:

These inner city gyms.. u get all sorts. Never a dull moment

ZEEEE goggles zaaay do nuttttinngg!!!

One of the PT here always wears the most tightest outfits (kind of like that suzanna chikc videos) .. Makes coming to the gym to train that much more appealing :D

Ok im going to the toilet for a rub i think.. just thinking about that ass .. DAMN IT!!