• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Know that feeling.

1 thing that concerns me 1 of the trainers that wanted to give me a PT session, all of the clients he has are a bit NQR, something odd about them. It concerns me as i hope i'm not in that category hahhahahahahaha LOL

Saw a 100kg guy squatting 180kg for a few sets of 6 just to check his form. No belt, no wrap.

And a bigger guy repping 230kg like I rep 60kg.

Scary and inspiring.

Was that strong monster SP dancelot?
Posted via Mobile Device

That's him.

I've seen him do 200kg x3 BP raw, easy as a cakewalk.

The other guy is a legendary squatter as well (he's coaching me).

Sorry to disrupt the flow of silly gym rats stories. :p I'll add some soon, just have to walk 20m down the hall to the main gym area.

The summer crowd walk around doing bicep poses in the middle of the weight area. So i do leg pose as i walk past showing the tear drop and outer sweep

They tend to stop doing it afterwards. LOL

im a prick.

Someone at the gym advised me to change my squat stance to feet pointing strait out infront of me and not go as deep. Don't know if it was good advice or not. Seeing as hardly anyone does squats at the gym im gonna go with my gut instinct and continue what im doing.

I just want to add that i have not yet seen anyone doing deadlifts at all. Its really odd because the people there look fairly strong but i dont see them actually doing anything???

Last edited:
my gym is similar ive in the last 3 months the only people i know who squat are me my mate and this other dude the rack is always empty which i love :D
there is only a handfull of poeple who deadlift too...
2 things i saw was a guy doing negitive bench (lets the weight go down slowly than mate pulls it back up?) dont ask me why and to add to it he had no clips on the bar to hold the weight, tilted the bar enough so the weights fell of one side than then again off the other side was pretty funny, another one i saw was one dude using the little handles you use for seated cable row had it over the chinup bar pulling him self up either side of the bar untill one rep hit and slpit is head open lol

I saw a guy doing a heap of burpees in his hotel room because he has no access to a gym right now.
Poor fool.

Im going to site soon and staying on accomodation where there no gym, ill be lugging my 64kg kettlebell with me. There could be some stories about that lol

I uhm'ed and ah'ed about brining my dumbells, then I just plain forgot. I should just hve a week off, but I can't. ehehehehe, I must do something.

Im going to site soon and staying on accomodation where there no gym, ill be lugging my 64kg kettlebell with me. There could be some stories about that lol

lol i take it you're not flying? haha don't they only allow 20kg per person?

goood dedication paullie, kettlebells are so win.

What kind of work site doesn't have a gym at their accomodation? That's pretty poor.

There was an article in The West Australian today about how overweight and unhealthy shift/FIFO workers are. I'm sure it wouldn't cost a bomb to provide one.