• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Why are some guys so scared to bend?

I saw this guy doing "squats" but it was the 2 inch ROM stuff, sort of just pops his arse out then pulls it back in. I asked him and he tells me its dangerous to do full squats. Go figure.

Same guy yesterday was doing what I can only assume were his version of "deadlifts". He loaded the bar with 40kg and lifted it out of the rack then did the same pop his arse out and lower the bar almost to his knees then pop it back in again. I didn't bother asking this time...

Its a mad mad world.

Oh, and yesterday's squat session for me was fun. I only do 130kg for my 1rm but this seems big at my commercial gym. Even the 6'2" trainer who is a good guy and spots me on my 1rm attempts said he doesn't squat that much. He's a big boy and does the full compounds with good form, but reckons my squat is big. Too funny.

How about this, I asked him to spot that 1rm squat attempt and he agreed. I was expecting he'd just lift under my arms if I got stuck in the middle. Good thing I didn't, because he explained to this rookie trainer after I'd finished the rep how you spot squats. He was planning on grabbing my by the chest, pulling me into him and helping lower down to the rack safety bars before we both fell away backwards. Mad, I just wanted a few kg of extra push, not some dynamic fall away routine. He hadn't forewarned me either so would have been scarey stuff if I had got stuck and he'd tried that on with 130kg above us both.

Mad mad world.

Cheers,
Mike

Why are some guys so scared to bend?
Mad, I just wanted a few kg of extra push, not some dynamic fall away routine. He hadn't forewarned me either so would have been scarey stuff if I had got stuck and he'd tried that on with 130kg above us both.

Mad mad world.

Cheers,
Mike

Would love to see this escape manoeuvre in operation! haha quality.

before i started training at home i was deadlifting at my local gym. I had 160kg loaded up and was going through the motions when the gym owner ran over to me shouting in front of everyone

"if i ever see you deadlifting this much without a belt again you will never lift here again"

after i established that he wasnt joking lol

i told him that i would save him the trouble...walked out and never went back!!!

Last edited:
^ terrible.
About a year or so ago i went to lift at planet fitness. They had no power racks and only one olly barbell. So i took it off the bench and started loading it up for some deadies. I think I was doing 3 plates for reps when the trainer comes up;
Trainer; what do you think your doing with that bar?
me; deadlifts
Trainer; it's not meant for that
me; it's an olympic barbell mate, meant for barbell exercises
trainer with filthy look on his face; i dunno, just don't make any noise

For the rest of my work set's the whole gym staff were staring at me from the reception desk, was quiet strange, especially for a gym with signs plastered everywhere 'attitude/intimidation free environment'.

before i started training at home i was deadlifting at my local gym. I had 160kg loaded up and was going through the motions when the gym owner ran over to me shouting in front of everyone

"if i ever see you deadlifting this much without a belt again you will never lift here again"

after i established that he wasnt joking lol

i told him that i would save him the trouble...walked out and never went back!!!

I would of at least threw a 20kg plate at the mirror and groped the front desk girls on the way out

but then maybe thats why i dont train at commercial gyms lol

I would of at least threw a 20kg plate at the mirror and groped the front desk girls on the way out

but then maybe thats why i dont train at commercial gyms lol

hahaha i would have if there were any girls there... however there were only trainers that resembled 16yo girls!!! IM NOT JOKING

I had a young skinny trainer tell me he can achieve my goals in 3 months.

Hmmm last person i saw him train was on the treadmill and fell over and flew off on the floor! Looked like something from a cartoon

Bahaha I would piss myself if I ever saw that happen!

In the news awhile ago, a long time member, an older fella brought in some flowers for a 16/17 year old gym reception girl, she complained and he was asked to never return and was charged with something. Heard his story on talkback wireless, he sounded decent and always remembers his mother telling him to be nice to girls and give them flowers which he had done most of his life

Its crazy these days, to the point when taking my dogs to the park, if any kids come to chat and say hello to the dogs, I feel like I should ignore them and walk away cuz the parents are watching my every move from their letterbox!

I had to do a prac exam in my uni gym a while back and just missed out turning around to see this chick fall off the back of a treadmill. Who said that shit was safer than free weights.

So i decided to give advice to some dude doing squats for the first time at the gym today (i dont generally give ANY advice to noobs as i see it as a waste of my time to tools around this time of the year).. But seeing as how you guys on here are helpful and stuff i thought i would change my ways and give it a try...

Some dude is trying to squat... and i approach him and tell him his not squatting deep enough and his leaning forward too much putting emphasis on the toes (he looked like he was going to fall over)..

He goes ok this is my first time and i was TOLD by some TV infomercial that this was the correct technique and he was sticking to it.

I said ok they know best .. ill let u do what u want :)

Well thats it.. im over trying to help.. ****ing tossers

It is the same here though, you get people who won't listen. Just think it is his life and who gives a **** if he screws it up.

Idiots are idiots for a reason. One would hope they stuff it up somehow and can collect a Darwin Award.