• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Are you serious? He was using wrist straps to curl?

Yep, 100% wrist straps (not lifting straps). Nice 7 foot barbell, bout 15kg hangin off either end. Wrist straps, weightlifting/wrestling shoes, and I can't remember whether or not he actually used the chalk, but I know that he had a bucket off to the side.

Same rack but red, and similar weight to below

Gym_equipment_Hammer_strength_Squat_Rack_SH31.jpg

Yep, 100% wrist straps (not lifting straps). Nice 7 foot barbell, bout 15kg hangin off either end. Wrist straps, weightlifting/wrestling shoes, and I can't remember whether or not he actually used the chalk, but I know that he had a bucket off to the side.

Same rack but red, and similar weight to below

Gym_equipment_Hammer_strength_Squat_Rack_SH31.jpg

Wrist straps?? As in strapping to support limp wrists? I thought they bred em tough up north....guess not.

I witnessed some technical difficulty today, when a guy went to do cable triceps pushdowns, and as he pushed down on the handle the entire pully came down with it.

Wrist straps?? As in strapping to support limp wrists? I thought they bred em tough up north....guess not.
for both of you, its wrist wraps ;) :D:p
lol

im all for wraps when squatting and benching... but curls? fuck thats overkill

lol

I know what wrist wraps are, which is why I thought rino meant something different.

@ ryan. Bahahahaha. That is all.

lol

hmmm... autocorrect?

Nah, I totally just bungled that one. I was like 'this doesn't sound right...' and it didnt!

But no, they breed them tough adjacent up here...

I enquired about the anytime fitness across the road from my work, I was being shown around by the assistant who knows nothing of my gym history. Spent so much time showing me the little cable machines and mirrors in the girls change rooms, the cardio machines then left out the weights room. She was so bedazzled when i asked to see the power racks and what the hell you're supposed to do when all 4 oly bars are in use. Her reply -" just do your cardio first", she then proceeded to recite cardio workout plans of 45mins plus cardio routines with minimal weights at the end of the days routine.
Holy crap I couldn't get away!

4 BARS! :eek:

most Anytimes only have one or two. Place must be huge!

I saw the girl I like at gym again this morning.

I was curling 25kg dumbells whilst I presume it is her bf was curling a 20kg barbell (in the squat rack)

It's obvious who she 'should' be with.

A 20kg bb in the squat rack? Im assuming also that it was a fixed bb...so even more douchbag effort is required to get into squat rack lol.

Attention: gym idiots. Putting three 10's and two 5's on each side of the bar is not going to fool anyone, except other idiots. Hint: You can do the same job with two 20's.