• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Competitive Bodybuilders

Have you competed in a bodybuilding comp or photo shoot

• Yes

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • I'm current dieting for a show

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah...but i had to pull out because...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not to compete but just for the experience

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
OK, who here has at least once diet for a bodybuilding competition, or a serious photo shoot requiring to get sub 10% body fat?

Dieting for 'the summer' isn't included (in this poll).

I myself have dieted down to 7% body fat. I can't see myself donig it for a little while. It was for a photo shoot in stead of going into a competition which i was unable to compete in.

i personally before have .. hit around 75kg@6.5%BF (using calipres) .. not to compete just to see how i looked at that level

no carbs (or very little) and limited water.. sent my brain into memory loss.. for 6 weeks. I forgot what my pin number was on the card and had it eaten up by the ATM including forgetting peoples names whom u see everyday. :rolleyes:

When u watch Mr O vids.. the guys on there aint slow there just really tired from all the dieting.

i personally before have .. hit around 75kg@6.5%BF (using calipres) .. not to compete just to see how i looked at that level

no carbs (or very little) and limited water.. sent my brain into memory loss.. for 6 weeks. I forgot what my pin number was on the card and had it eaten up by the ATM including forgetting peoples names whom u see everyday. :rolleyes:

When u watch Mr O vids.. the guys on there aint slow there just really tired from all the dieting.

god you must've been dying. When i was around that zone (under 10%) i was drinking around 4 liters of water a day, usually more.

I don't look good in sluggos.

And I don't like shaving my body hair, ick.

Remainds me of a guy a work (a particularly hairy guy at that) who shaved his whole body from top to bottom because some girl at a club said she wouldnt hook up with him because he was too hairy. Anywayz a day or two later, he gets out a can of shaving cream and a razor and voila! Silky smooth arms legs and chest....only to come up in a terrible rash in like 2 days. Every pore had a tiny little pus filled pimple looking thing and a red infamation around it. All over his body, he looked like he had some sort of disease!

Next time he got himself waxed (again whole body but they wouldnt give him a brazillian because they were chicks and it had something to do with sexual harassment) So he shaved down there and walked around the next few days constantly scatching himself...very disturbing. Problem was, the skin closed over the pores due to the waxing and he got ingrown hairs all over his body again!

He's now talking about lazer treatment for his whole body. Gonna set him back just under $3000! Its not evena s though hes built, hes like 5'6 and weighs 59kg. Short and skinny...soon to be smooth short and skinny.

Had the same experience when I got my chest waxed (shits n giggles) was nice for about 2 days then BLERGH mad breakout for 2 weeks. Uncool.

i had the same problem with waxing. good thing is it gets less and less each time. had it done 4 times over 8 months by a friend and the redness and breakouts almost stoped by last one. also how u look after skin after it is important to. to keep skin clean need to use good oil removers and always clean clothign. forthe first few days try not to sweat to much. and then each night use tea tree oil on your skin to clean it and remove any bad bacteria.

im gonna try knock up the missus soon and then go stupid on bodybuilding "supps". try and hit 85kgs this time at sub 10% BF without going stupid or losing my mind and forgetting the bankcard pin or where i put the keys