• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Collecting, restoring, riding, racing motor bikes. Fishing out of my kayak. Shooting, mountain biking, 4wding and playing xbox. And now lifting.... Getting busy

Cars (70's Falcons and current FPV's)
Motorbikes (KTM 620cc LC4 Enduro at the moment):)
4x4 Driving
Fishing
Hunting
Gardening

Like to add archery to the above now, even having a go at making my own recurve bows, missus has a compound bow I been using, but have now made one small recurve bow, only 20lb or so for my 8yo son, daughter wants one now, so making her one before I start on my own long bow.

Also going to make a replica of the bow used in the Hungergames movie.

So wil have a few different ones to choose from. Bought some arrows, but looking at making my own as well soon.

Strength sports.
Fishing.

I used to be into cars... loved modding my old one. Then crashed it and lost interest(intrest in strength sports was coming into its own).
I'll do the car thing again in the future but for now I've other priorities :p
Though I do miss the feeling of an absurd amount of grip in a corner. Big power never interested me, just enough was always more fun in the mountains.

Tim.

MX
Enduro
Road cycling
Swimming

And a heap of other sports/hobbies I "retired" (meaning lost interest) from.
I think I just enjoy buying the equipment, then figure out that the actual activity bores the shit out of me.

Ok i like to play in the gardens, building stuff, wood or metal, and I breed Lake Tanganyikan cichlids

I was only allowed one tank in the house once it started to take over,, so its an 8x2x2 built the stand myself..
DSC02419Large.jpg

I also have as shed full of tanks, ~ 23 currently and anther 16 to have racks built.

No current pics will see what i can drag up.

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0014_edited.jpg

DSC_0012Large.jpg

DSC_0068Large.jpg

dubmum1.jpg

Last edited:
[MENTION=1769]trofius[/MENTION]; is the second one a juvinile fronty or is it a sexfaciatus? Also a nice lot of Duboisi fry...

Yeah it has been a while, strange how the treat is known as the poor mans fronnie, yet in most cases command a slightly higher price, or at least they used to, I have a couple of frontosa 'burundi' at the moment and whole they are big enough to breed I haven't had much luck, but like I said I haven't looked after them as much as I should be which is most likely the reason for no mouthfuls.

Yeah it has been a while, strange how the treat is known as the poor mans fronnie, yet in most cases command a slightly higher price, or at least they used to, I have a couple of frontosa 'burundi' at the moment and whole they are big enough to breed I haven't had much luck, but like I said I haven't looked after them as much as I should be which is most likely the reason for no mouthfuls.

Trets are cheaper than fronnies, I sell them for $10 at 3-4 cm, they have bucket loads of fry, 2-400 a hit!!!, about half survive. I like Trets heaps better because that nauchal hump on fronnies is ugly as, ( sorry ) its one tang i have no interest in keeping. and they allways look sad in a tank, its a fish that need a lake to swim in.

Trets are cheaper than fronnies, I sell them for $10 at 3-4 cm, they have bucket loads of fry, 2-400 a hit!!!, about half survive. I like Trets heaps better because that nauchal hump on fronnies is ugly as, ( sorry ) its one tang i have no interest in keeping. and they allways look sad in a tank, its a fish that need a lake to swim in.

Yeah one reason I like em is coz of their size, but haven't had a heap of luck keeping em, I have mainly kept and bred Malawi cichlids, but have had some tangs, tropheus, leptosoma, nigripinnis, and I am sure there are some I have forgotten, oh some nesuta but never had any luck with them either.

Now you have me all fired up to get some more tanks and try to breed some of these species I had failed previously....

Yeah one reason I like em is coz of their size, but haven't had a heap of luck keeping em, I have mainly kept and bred Malawi cichlids, but have had some tangs, tropheus, leptosoma, nigripinnis, and I am sure there are some I have forgotten, oh some nesuta but never had any luck with them either.

Now you have me all fired up to get some more tanks and try to breed some of these species I had failed previously....

My male tret is a good 5 inches so not too small.!
lol, multi tank syndrome is a killer! But nice collection of tangs used to have leptos and niggs, but they got wasting disease and havnt looked at them again..just have 8 colonies of tropheus, as the main thing I keep. Plus leleupi, trets, sexies, calvus, brevus multies, cuckoos, kendalii, horei, simochromis, pulchers, foai, gobies, blah blah lol

Keeps me busy..

Last edited:
All this talk of fish keeping...
Makes me wanna buy a new tank and go nuts.
I did have a tank with a colony of clown loaches...they were awesome.

Tim.

My male tret is a good 5 inches so not too small.!
lol, multi tank syndrome is a killer! But nice collection of tangs used to have leptos and niggs, but they got wasting disease and havnt looked at them again..just have 8 colonies of tropheus, as the main thing I keep. Plus leleupi, trets, sexies, calvus, brevus multies, cuckoos, kendalii, horei, simochromis, pulchers, foai, gobies, blah blah lol

Keeps me busy..

Certainly a nice list there, now the foai is a sexy fish, have always wanted to keep Nd breed them....

My list included:
1. Portrait photography
2. Football.
3. Reading books.

Last edited by a moderator: