• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Boxing] anyone watchn the fight tomorrow?

did u see when sugar ray was on the contender looked like he wanted to knock sonny michael angelo out haha

yea haha he was on there when they went to a restaurant for a reward and sonnys going "MY MAN" "MY MANNNNNNNNNNNNNN" sugar just looked at him like take it easy buddy

Me chiming in with my 10c.

I don't really like Mundine too much. Although
I think he's one AMAZING athlete. Not only did
he play at the TOP in Rugby and then Switched
to boxing and YES he's a success. Not many have
done that in any sport arena.

I do think that Mundine picks and chooses his
opponents as he sees. BUT let’s not forget that
these 'opponents' have been fighting and training
for the same goal!!!

My opinion is that if Mundine shuts up and be a little
more humble he'll have 10x more fans than now.

Anyway, the last fight saw with him was the Sam 'king'
Solomon fight! Solomon really did take the fight to him
until the 3rd knock down!!.. DOH..

Anyway, I hope the fans get a better 'match-up' and
see Mundine pushed a little harder in a fight that lasts
12 rounds.

Thanks
Devante.

I couldn't either.

Danny was trying to get the knock out punch while Mundine just kept feeding him jabs.

He does have a big mouth, but he also has the record to back it up.

I think mundine is a decent boxer, but he's a better businessman.

Comments like the ones above make me question the validity of peoples' boxing knowledge. (please don't take offence to this guys, it's probably just that you don't remember now since it has been a while).

Several factors came into this fight. Stupidity was the main reason danny lost.

Underestimating mundine, dropping weight divisions to fight someone already faster, changing stance and technique for no apparent reason other than to try and put mundine off and not changing back after 3 rounds when it wasn't working, fighting after just being so sick, chasing the money instead of taking a step and deciding the right move etc.

In actual fact he wasn't going for the knock out punch. He was weak and not fit enough and tried to box mundine. by the time it occurred to him to go for the knock out, he was too worn out and hadn't done enough ground work to put mundine in the right spot for the big one.

How good is boxing though, seriously.

Comments like the ones above make me question the validity of peoples' boxing knowledge. (please don't take offence to this guys, it's probably just that you don't remember now since it has been a while).

Ease up mate, you'll give yourself a heart attack. No offence taken.

I never claimed to be an expert, I just enjoy watching two blokes trying to punch the f u ck out of each other.

Mundine beat Judah too didn't he?

Last edited:
yeah that was never going to happen. written words = no tone, so I can see why you thought that.

To answer your question though - nah, mundine has never fought judah. I doubt someone like Judah would ever bother giving Mundine a match. Most of the US fighters round those weights don't have an interest in mundine due to several reasons - politics, controversial record etc and also the fact that they don't need him. e.g. There is a bigger pay day in a judah v mayweather re-match than there would ever be in a mundine v judah match.