• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Creatine+Protein+Glutamine stack?

P

Pusha

Hi there, new to the forum, wondering if anyone could help me or relate to my query.
Currently on a Protein+Glutamine stack.
Protein shake before breakfast.....Glutamine immediately post workout, then anotha protein shake immediately after glutamine.
Now the question is how do you fit your creatine intake into here???
Because i was told its best to take creatine immediately post workout.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Just eat good food, mate.

If you already spent your money on the stuff and can't sell it, make a protein drink with a couple of scoops, drink half immediately before and half immediately after the workout. For the creatine, follow the directions on the side of the thing about loading up, then regular consumption, then deloading.

After your workout a proven method and the fastest absorption rate is creatine mixed with grape juice, add the glutamine as well. There is new studys now of drinking your creatine, amino acids etc during your workout or half way through it. You could make up say 750-1ltr of either a flavoured amino drink and add the glutamine and creatine and use this to sip during then scull the remainder when finshed. Have a protein drink 25-40 grams protein 30 minutes later. Creatine and protein generally shouldnt be mixed. This method gives the insulin spike and uptake into your muscles. Follow this up with whole food within a hour/hour and a half. I have made very good gains by regulating the timing of supplements not the amount of supplements.

AZZA

hmm im taking all your answers into consideration.
l-glutamine seems to work for me...ive had great results with my l-glutamine/protein stack.
found that i needed to change it up a lil, so now im trying to add creatine into the mixture..
so the glutamine mixes with the creatine and are taken at the same time since they both should be taken post workout??? with grape juice of course.
then a protein shake half hour after since the creatine/glutamine has digested?

Stop looking to get improvement out of a bottle or powder.

Eat 6 meals a day with lots of protein + veggies, take a protein shake after training, take 5 fish oil tabs morning and night.

Thats all you need when coupled with hard training.

If he wants to use supplements, let him, he has asked for advise on how best to use them.

It's a supplement forum for supplement related questions. If you can't advise on how to use a supp stay out of the thread.
Protein Powders and creatine definatley have a place in BB and can assist. It's not always just about food and squats.

I'm on my rags today.

Ok.

Protein needs to be taken no later than every 3 hours, if you cant use whole food use a powder. Multiply you're bodyweight by 4 that is how many grams of protein you should have per day. Divide this by 6, this is how much protein should be in you're shakes. Add dextrose or waxie maize to your PWO shake to spike insulin.

Glutamine should be taken in much larger doses than reccomened. I think most say 5g per day. I have been taking 15 each morning and another 10 PWO. Is is doing anything for me? I have no idea. Pollinquin raves about it in high doses and my lifts this week have been great, this might be the few thousand exra calories per day though.

Creatine. Load with 40g per day for the first week, split this up into 4x10g serves. Take 10-15g per day once loaded. Take each serve in a glass of ribena, again for th insulin spike. I found this stuff would make me stronger for a week or two then would drop off. I feel cycling is required but have not experimented enough to perfect a cycle.

wow....haha
with the protein, of course i depend mainly on foods, but its not guna hurt to have the extra edge...we all know supplements only add a small percentage to ur gains.

my glutamine states only 1/3 teaspoon....so u think i should be upping it to say a heaped teaspoon???

isnt 40g loading a bit much for creatine?? prolly piss out some of that?
im on the dymatize micro, and pretty much told by alot of ppl 30g MAX loading....and of course it depends on ur bodyweight.

all in all NPR u really sound like u know what your talkin about !

I like to superdose any supps I have as long as a high dose wont harm me.

Better to have too much and let your body get rid of the excess than to not have enough and not take advantage of the gains.

So yes go nuts on you're glutamine and creatine. It wont do you any harm.

good point.
extra creatine cant harm your liver? or is that rather when not cycling...not even sure if its been 100% proven either.
thanks for the input guys!

ANything can harm the liver in excess. Stick with 5-10gms, also drink plenty of water while taking creatine.

A lot of the pros seem to refute creatine loading deeming it ineffective. Apparently it needs to be cycled so your body doesn't rely on exogenous creatine source.