• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Shutter Island

Scorcese has put together another great movie from what I saw of it last thursday....I missed a few parts thanks to the girl I had with me :cool:. Great movie with a "different" ending. Well worth seeing.

I watched The September Issue last night, which is a docu on the making of an issue of USA Vogue. I don't read Vogue, I live in jeans and have nothing in the way of fashion sense, but I think Anna Wintour is one of the most fascinating business women on the planet.

She allowed free access to the camera crew but gave little away, with her warmer in personality style editor getting equal time on screen. Wintour has been lambasted for every negative personality trait under the sun, but she came across as decisive, professional, organised and focused -- aware of the power she wields but happy to put arse lickers in their place when they were paying her fake compliments.

Interesting but not particularly insightful. 3.75/5

I tried to watch Australia when I flew to Europe but after 20 mins or so it bored the crapola out of me.
Nicole was woeful.

0.5/5

Anyone else watch Australia? I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts. Maybe I'll try to watch it through.

We watched it all the way through. It was utterly sht. Kidman went from over-the-top to wooden. Yay for Botox. The blackfellah-standing-on-one-leg image of a zillion chintzy statues in bogan homes really annoyed me. Another blackfellah died pointlessly to make the whitefellah look more heroic.

And the Japanese land invasion of the island near Darwin... um, no.

It was badly-acted, boring, cliched, racist and too long. Hugh Jackman was hot, but my wife said that wasn't enough to save the movie. "Maybe if he was naked instead of just topless..."

hired ong bak2 , what a weird arse movie that was , watched it all but couldn't really get into it

We watched it all the way through. It was utterly sht. Kidman went from over-the-top to wooden. Yay for Botox. The blackfellah-standing-on-one-leg image of a zillion chintzy statues in bogan homes really annoyed me. Another blackfellah died pointlessly to make the whitefellah look more heroic.

And the Japanese land invasion of the island near Darwin... um, no.

It was badly-acted, boring, cliched, racist and too long. Hugh Jackman was hot, but my wife said that wasn't enough to save the movie. "Maybe if he was naked instead of just topless..."
You just convinced me not to waste 3 hrs of my life.:D

hired ong bak2 , what a weird arse movie that was , watched it all but couldn't really get into it
WTF in ong bak2 ?

Oh I see... nah won't be watching that. I am very selective with my time these days, an d won't watch anything that I don't think will be anything less than brilliant.

Now, when's then Family Guy Movie coming out. :D

After watching a selection of movies released over the last 18months so far there has only been one movie that i enjoyed and was rather impressed with and that was avartar.

After watching some of the movies i was tempted to send a bill to the studios for wasting my time

I am with Shrek , getting time to watch a movie now is difficult, We used to watch atleast 4 movies a week, at the old place.

In The new house I have managed to set up a wood be Hometheatre setup, just needs a few decor, trims, and a projector and screen, decent suround sound all sorted and in place,...The Irony now is we have teh yound boy and he takes up wayy too much time, definetelty no time to chill for a few hours...Thats teh main reason I wont be running out dumping 6K on a Projector and screen anytime soon, just wont get used.. We are however still buying movies to watch, the wife works at a video store so we get them for cost ( Big W can still be cheaper however)

Last time I was at the movies was to see Avatar, and I went with my nephew that wanted to see it..months ago...

Sooo many flicks I wouldnt mind seeing however...

Only movies I've seen lately are Law Abiding Citizen and Quarantine. Give both a 4.5 out of 5. Worth a watch.

Some other good movies are Remember the Titans, Fracture, Zulu Dawn, Zulu, Pumping Iron and The Blade Trilogy.

The A-team 10/10. Loved it
Saving Private Ryan. 9/10. Loved it.
The blindside 7/10. Enjoyed it.
Toy Story 3. 8/10. Enjoyed it.

I haven't watched a good movie in a while!

Not that i watch a tonne of movies , but i watch a few every so often , and i am in the same boat , haven't watched a good movie in a while

maybe i am just being too picky, but most of the movies seem too rushed they get 3/4 into the plot and storyline and then suddenly think ah shit we need to finish this movie up so quickly rush the rest of the movie along

Ye exactly!

I find all the movies have a poor plot! They seem so predictable (bad guy vs good guy and good guy wins)... It's an actual joke, the last good movie I enjoyed I can't even remember...

Which is why I have given up on movies and have been going hard on many tv series!