• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Curious why guys do this

gtrb26dett

Hi well when I was in the shops the other day this guy had such good top half very tanky and then he had these little chicken legs :confused:

Then why do some guys only work their arms and legs. Like they have very tanking arms and legs and then a beer belly :confused:

Please explain

The same reason that women so often don't lift heavy. Because it's fcking hard.

Training legs means deadlifts and squats. Deadlifts and squats are fcking hard.

Both genders make up other excuses, but the real reason is that it's fcking hard.

it's the macho man look , who looks at legs when the upper body is muscular
it's to draw in the chicks , most chicks wont look at legs

Well I thought it look very strange. Okay I get the reason chicks not lifting heavy but we can get away with it.

Why just build up one thing to the extreme and leave the rest. It looks really weird.

Okay I get the reason chicks not lifting heavy but we can get away with it.
No, you can't.

Poor posture.
Back pain.
Lack of physical confidence due to weakness and unfitness.
Obesity/underweight.
Osteoporosis.

All problems suffered by women, and which are fixed by heavy lifting.

Why just build up one thing to the extreme and leave the rest. It looks really weird.
Yes but that is what track pants are for. This is why guys wear track pants in the gym in the height of summer.

I have no idea what you look like, Bluey, but with a 210kg dl and 165kg squat you can't possibly have chicken legs.

You might still be ugly, just ugly with big legs.

Hi well when I was in the shops the other day this guy had such good top half very tanky and then he had these little chicken legs :confused:

Then why do some guys only work their arms and legs. Like they have very tanking arms and legs and then a beer belly :confused:

Please explain

If a woman ever asked me that, i'd totally say "it's because baby, you're the other half needed to complete me".

But not if she was ugly though. If she was ugly i'd say "i'm busy, i got to go now"

And these guys when they do train legs it will be 4-5 sets of leg extensions because it's easy.

I have no idea what you look like, Bluey, but with a 210kg dl and 165kg squat you can't possibly have chicken legs.

You might still be ugly, just ugly with big legs.

34.jpg

210kg

Ill ask my wife what she thinks ;)

I wear the basketball shorts pretty much all the time as theyre stretchy/comfy. good for deads and squats but theyre not exactly flattering.

wife said:
they make you look fat

I didnt think it was physically possible to get that big without training legs, but the other day I was at the unigym and there was this HUGE wog guy with chicken legs. It was possibly one of the funniest things ive ever seen.

I didnt think it was physically possible to get that big without training legs, but the other day I was at the unigym and there was this HUGE wog guy with chicken legs. It was possibly one of the funniest things ive ever seen.

That could also be due to genetics and physiology.

I have some wog mates (Lebanese & Greek origin) who are lightbulbs too. All they ever do is upper body, and they seem to get gains from it. Yet, if I do the same thing, I wont gain sh*t due to lack of leg work.

That could also be due to genetics and physiology.

I have some wog mates (Lebanese & Greek origin) who are lightbulbs too. All they ever do is upper body, and they seem to get gains from it. Yet, if I do the same thing, I wont gain sh*t due to lack of leg work.

No its due to jabbing ur bum with a needle..

Your body will always try to stay in proportion naturally. THey dont see gains because they cant squat 20kg but can curl 50 so they jab.

soft..

Please explain

I haven't read any responses to this post yet.

However, speaking from experience, do not judge people based on what you think you know about them.

As any of you would see (from my progress pictures via the Members Pics section) - I used to be severely underweight until my early 20's ... well past my growth / maturation stage.

Regardless - I train my legs religously - and while my thighs (Quads, Hammies, Glutes) are responding very well ... my calves, of which are a known problem to many people, are not responding. In addition to this, my wrist and ankle circumferences / breadths, are dreadful - which you'd see from my progress pictures mentioned earlier.

Nothing infuriates me more, than someone saying to me: "why don't you train your legs?" , when I actually do so. Because, while my legs are growing, my calves in particular (which are the visible part when wearing shorts) are lagging behind the rest of my body; not due to lack of training, but due to the obvious fact that some of us grow differently, and certainly, calves are a known trouble-area for many people.

In short?. Don't pass judgement without knowing history first.

legs and calves are totally different. Its impossible to get huge calves unless you have them genetically - even enormous powerlifters have shit calves.

The Governator would disagree with you. I have noticed a diff in calves when I have trained them alot...but its alot of time and effort for such a little muscle all the way down there. Effort that could be better used elsewhere