• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Curious why guys do this

See thats my point. 40kg a side say barbell 1 plate and a 5kg a side.

That is hardly strong.

Really how many people can actually do 40kg per arm flat db press for reps?
Damm I might get one or two reps out, But there is no way i can db total the same as I bench, 57kg per arm not a chance! that would be only 13kg shy of bw for each arm for me..

db pressing is harder than a strait bb bench, more control is needed. from stabilizing muscles and your core.

I beleive 40 db presses is a strong lift, for me anyways.

I was thinking about this in bed last night.

Some times i get a little upset with the fact that my size gains dont come as fast as my strength gains.

But then i realise starting a bodybuilding routine when you are weak is just ridiculous.

its really simple... you arent getting size gains as fast as strength gains because you ARENT EATING ENOUGH. a bodybuilding routine wont give you faster size gains. working hard in the gym a few days a week is all you need to get stronger, which is quite a bit easier than preparing and eating six proper meals a day, every day, for an extended period of time. thats why you arent getting bigger as fast as you are getting stronger.

Ohh ok I agree.... was not sure what you were meaning...

I would sooo love to be getting 6 decent meals and 8+hours sleep a night... dreams...

its really simple... you arent getting size gains as fast as strength gains because you ARENT EATING ENOUGH. a bodybuilding routine wont give you faster size gains. working hard in the gym a few days a week is all you need to get stronger, which is quite a bit easier than preparing and eating six proper meals a day, every day, for an extended period of time. thats why you arent getting bigger as fast as you are getting stronger.

Lol i have gone from 84kg got to 102kg and now at 97 kg..

I am eating enough trust me.

I am gaining fat not muscle size.

Blast ssri's and cortisol!

yeah, was referring to your initial post. do you still need me to tell you that what you eat, not whether or not you are doing a bodybuilding routine, is what will change your body composition?

yeah, was referring to your initial post. do you still need me to tell you that what you eat, not whether or not you are doing a bodybuilding routine, is what will change your body composition?

Actually, both the activities we perform, and the food we ingest, will modify our body composition. Neither one or the other has absolute control.

Cut out all sugar (added, processed etc)from the diet and watch your body change shape.