• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Curious why guys do this

The best calves you usually see are on cyclists who are just slogging out 50-100km a day, repetition rather than a total of 25 reps of heavy weights.

But agree big calves do not make a big squater, i guess they are just there to stabilse rather than push all that weight, it would be different if when you squated you had to rise up into your toes!

Shrek I totally get what your saying, and I know this is a BB forum, but what do you call reasonable performance?

If I was outlifted by a schoolboy weighing a buck fifty I wouldnt give a f u c k how big my muscles were, I would sneak out of the gym each time he entered.

Ideally you want to look like you squat 200kg AND squat 200kg. I dont think anybody disagrees with that.

But if you have to choose....................

i dont like training legs because when i walked around the insides of my jeans would wear out and fade due to the thighs rubbing together.

Plus i cant fit into them skinny jeans and be trendy :mad:

****ing lol. welcome to my life ceffo. Shit I cant do:
- Wear a suit and look good in it
- Wear those skinny ass shorts which have become a trend lately
- Wear 'hip' brand underwear (eg mossimo)
- wear skinny jeans, and I have a preference for no jeans

Its not that bad :p

i dont like training legs because when i walked around the insides of my jeans would wear out and fade due to the thighs rubbing together.

Plus i cant fit into them skinny jeans and be trendy :mad:

Fag hahaha

I have to wear size 36 even though im 34 so i can actually fit my legs into pants.

If your not training legs so you can fit into skinny leg trendy pants you are a dead set gronk.

Everyone trains for a different reason, and no reason is correct.

Look at Ceffo's sig. He obviously is not as strong as others on here and feels the need to post a disclaimer.

Others on here may not look as good as him, so by posting their lifts they are putting up a disclaimer.

One is trying to impress the illinformed at the beach, the other is trying to impress the illinformed at the gym.

Some simply have ALL the bases covered. Nobody looks at Nick or Max and asks "Do you lift weights" lol......at the beach relaxing, or the gym lifting.

Both can be achieved, dont sell yourself short.

also of note ALL of the individuals posted by PTC above are actually in the GYM training or are training..

better than the rest of the population sitting at home eating meatpies getting fat.

Have to agree with PTC and Ceffo there. We all lift for different reasons but at least we lift and train, not like most of the populus.

I need to drop some fat now... ehehehehe

meh im not a powerlifter so why post lifts.. A bodybuilder gets crituqued on his physique on stage not lifts. Then again i respect both disclipine and they both take a certain amount of mental/physical strength. Plus this is the forums lol.. should be taking alot of it with a grain of salt.

oh yeah i leg pressed 9000kgs once :p

crap 2010 will be 15 years .. oh god stop the pain.. plzzzz...

I've seen pics of Ceffo, whilst not massive or ripped, you can tell he trains.

They are on here somewhere

I've seen pics of Ceffo, whilst not massive or ripped, you can tell he trains.

They are on here somewhere

yeah those pics are of me now.. was much more ripped/bigger before.. but staying ripped/massive all yer round takes too much effort and u tend to also lose out on most of lifes other pleasures in my opinion... to be serious if you eating every 2 hours a day watching your calorie intake foods etc you dont have much time to pursue other endevours..

I was thinking about this in bed last night.

Some times i get a little upset with the fact that my size gains dont come as fast as my strength gains.

But then i realise starting a bodybuilding routine when you are weak is just ridiculous.

If that is the area you wanted to choose you could switch to bodybuilding and have the strength needed to build proper muscle.

What is dumbell pressing 40kg and deadlifting 100kg going to do for muscular development regardless of reps/sets?

Sure the road to gaining size via strength is a long road. I am not as big as the guys in the gym (except legs) but shit i can actually lift more then them.

I remember watching Jay on an interview one day and the host asked him wow you must be strong and his response was. Well my goal is to look stronger then i actually am.

What is dumbell pressing 40kg going to do for muscular development regardless of reps/sets?

40kg db press I would consider that strong! and it would help heaps towards chest, delt, tri , and core strength.

Last edited: