• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Unbelievable day of cricket, still, I'm willing to wait.

Shrek, incase you havent noticed, generally in cricket, the opening bowlers are FAST bowlers, they remove most of the top order, spinners come in later on and bowl teams out to win test matches.

He took 5 for, made 70 odd, cant do much more now can he.

Eaglebay, I did say if rain doest intervene lol, it already has.

Shrek, how did your boy Hughes go today? I love Katich, reminds me of Langer, he was missed on that green top today.

Unfortunately Hughes technique will prevent him from playing too much test cricket, I hope he can fix it, I reckon he has real talent and should be playing.

North is the current weak link in that side, its the only change I would make, bring in Smith.

With 3 quicks, 1 spinner, a quick all rounder and a wrist spin all rounder, a brilliant wicketkeeper batsmen, we have a team capable of reaching previous lofty heights.

Hughes like most failed dismally yesterday and yes I love Katich too.
I guess we should not forget we have 3 quicks on the sidelines too (Lee, Hilfenhouse* and Clark)

All haters of Watson and Hauritz please form a queue behind the jolly green giant with his tail between his legs.

How f u c k i n g good was that.

Hussey was the man, brilliantly backed up by Siddle with courageous batting. .... ;)

Last edited:
Hauritz has now bowled Australia to victory in consecutive tests, and I think Watson has made a 90+ in each test this summer.

Hussey set up the win with Siddle, but Nathans catch and 5 for were incredible

Hussey was very lucky, but he was equally unlucky overseas in the last couple of years with poor umpiring decisions

The what about North, should he stay or go, considering he was drafted because of his all-round abillities, he rarely bowls?

North bowls?

As an Englishman I have to point out that the Aussies have struggled against the West Indies and pakistan, 2 lowly ranked teams. HEE HEE:p:p
Good news for us with the Ashes not far off. Especially the workout we're getting against South Africa.

Good win in the end though, well done the Aussies.

The what about North, should he stay or go, considering he was drafted because of his all-round abillities, he rarely bowls?

... he rarely bats (for more than a few overs) either ;)

I honestly don't understand what he's still doing in the side.

He can catch but that's about it as far as I can tell.

Mike makes some good points - the Windies gave us a good run with a very inexperienced team and we've had our backs against the wall (more so in this second test admittedly) twice now against the Pakistani's (their country doesn't even have a functioning government for pete's sake!!!)

How do we expect to go against experienced teams from stable countries (where training programs and the like are possible)?

We'll not regain the ashes is my prediction.

On a side note I only just discovered this thread and feel the need to respond to Shrek's first post (on Hughes being a more suitable opener than Watson)

... no way! :)

Katich and Watson for the win - unstoppable this summer (well most of the time anyway). Unfortunately for Hughes he is just not at that level just yet, hasn't got the head for it (but he's young he's got plenty of time).

LOL, Hughes made 2 centuries against the number 1 team in their home country South Africa with the world ranked number 1 bowler firing thunderbolts at him in Dale Steyne and you tell me he's not ready.:( I'll admit he can be volatile but the talent is there and the temperament will only get better.

Mike, Oz beat the Windies 2-0, are 2-0 up against the Paks, your a hard marker.

How you boys going, I think we beat SA 2-1 over there.

In all World Sports, England are the biggest underachievers of all time.

Soccer is there # 1 sport, and theyve won one world cup thanks to an offside goal, 44 years ago.

Theyve NEVER won a Cricket World cup.

Australia may just well win a soccer world cup before they do again lol

that was a joke

They have the best league by miles, but its filled with too many foreigners, weakening their national side.

Same mistake with their county cricket years ago, and to a lesser extent now.

Being from Englandis is like barracking for Collingwood lol...they have won one flag in the last 52 years, top flite club my a s s

Markos, I agree with most of what you say, except.

Offside in 66? We beat the Krauts and won the cup!

Football, far too many foreigners playing and coaching. The manager of the national team must be a local. 2010 is our year, we will win it! (I hope, lol)

1-0 in Sth Africa with 1 test to play.

As with most English supporters I'm a bit of a masochist, our teams do under achieve, Yet when we win, its so sweet.
Like beating Aust in the rugby world cup in 03.

LOL, Hughes made 2 centuries against the number 1 team in their home country South Africa with the world ranked number 1 bowler firing thunderbolts at him in Dale Steyne and you tell me he's not ready.:( I'll admit he can be volatile but the talent is there and the temperament will only get better.

2 centuries do not maketh the batsman! (any more than 2 ducks do)

I agree he was outstanding in SA but he has been far less outstanding since and against less imposing opposition, an indicator of a lack of experience/maturity rather than talent I'd surmise.

He's got the potential to be a good test batsman (and he will be), and perhaps we're doing right by the future of the team by getting his experience base up against the Pakistani's, but we did come very close to losing.

I suppose the question must be posed as to how we get our younger and inconsistent players the experience they need to improve their game at the top level without allowing them to choke a few times... I'm not really sure :)

I have a feeling we will flog the Pakis in the third test at any rate.

2 centuries do not maketh the batsman! (any more than 2 ducks do)
2 centuries in 2 tests against the best in the world on their home patch is pretty good in my books.

Hey Mike, when was the last time an Englishman won Wimbledon or even a Brit? ehehehehehehehe

2 centuries in 2 tests against the best in the world on their home patch is pretty good in my books. Didn't do very good in England, :D

Hey Mike, when was the last time an Englishman won Wimbledon or even a Brit? ehehehehehehehe
Well A. Murray's a good chance, a Brit, and there is a young lass 15 y-old who shows a lot of promise. 2010 could be our year.

Murray fizzled yesterday at the Hopman Cup after the young lass won her match, but I digress.

Hughes was not given a chance in England also he did make a 38 which is not really a failure. He only batted 3 times