• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Pretty sure grass is grown specifically for livestock to eat
Even Anna Creek where I get my beef they are feeding them grass in bales and the cattle have a pasture the size of Israel

Mick you do realize you just said it’s called pasture it just grows and now you mention rotational grazing, an intensive form of grazing pasture. You are contradicting yourself. “You educate yourself” lol. You do realize you are talking to someone who has grown pasture for cows for well over a decade as their job and lived it my whole life yet you look over a fence as you drive past and you claim you are the expert on this topic.haha. How many cattle have you grazed in your life?

If you want to talk grazing go ahead fill us in with your educated knowledge.
what are the number of days for the rotation of your neighbors in summer vs winter
what grass species are they using.
What stage are they grazing the grasses.
What stage are they grazing them down to?
are they incorporating legumes into the pastures or other species.
what fertilizer schedule do they have
how many tons / ha are they growing per year.
what’s their water use efficiency
What growth rates are they getting with the beefies
what are the energy and protein levels of the pasture.
What’s their stocking rate.

that will do for the moment.

:D:D I recognise your effort in making throwing a few cows into a paddock till they have eaten down the pasture and then moving them into the next paddock complicated and scientific. :D:D

However complicated you make it sound, my neighbour who has never finished high school and who literally can not read a write seems to manage doing it just fine:cool:

Your neighbour owns a cattle ranch?

Yep, I am surrounded by them, have been for the last 7 years.

I buy my beef either directly form the local slaughter house or the farmer that is less than 200 meters from my front door, very rarely get supermarket beef these days.

I can see the cows that I eat from my house, and I personally know the farmer, so I have a fair insight to what I eat.

2defa2f9b32b7c4366c22fbaa1e5d179.jpg

Micks trying to make it sound simplistic but i work in the beef industry albeit a small cog in a complicated process imo,Baz is right,theres more to it than throwing grass to a few cows.

Micks trying to make it sound simplistic but i work in the beef industry albeit a small cog in a complicated process imo,Baz is right,theres more to it than throwing grass to a few cows.

You don't throw grass anywhere, grass grows in the paddocks cows eat the grass when you put them in the paddock.

Trust me it is that simple, cows roam free and eat the grass, once they run out of grass the farmer moves them to another area of the farm while the previous paddock recovers by growing more grass.

Just cos you hose down the slaughter pits for a living, doesn’t mean you know fuk all about raising cattle numbnuts

:D:D I recognise your effort in making throwing a few cows into a paddock till they have eaten down the pasture and then moving them into the next paddock complicated and scientific. :D:D

However complicated you make it sound, my neighbour who has never finished high school and who literally can not read a write seems to manage doing it just fine:cool:

Mick. You know the saying. You don’t know what you don’t know. That is you and farming. You don’t have enough knowledge to understand that you don’t understand the topic.

Because you have a hobby farmer neighbor that you looked over the fence at you claim you can summarize all the science, work and knowledge that is grazing cattle down to grass grows and throw cattle on it. Lol. You are delusional.

Did you notice you couldn’t answer one of my questions. You don’t actually know the first thing about grazing cattle. Time to do some research before you shoot your mouth off. Just like the chicken thing.

You don't throw grass anywhere, grass grows in the paddocks cows eat the grass when you put them in the paddock.

Trust me it is that simple, cows roam free and eat the grass, once they run out of grass the farmer moves them to another area of the farm while the previous paddock recovers by growing more grass.

At what level do you move cattle so you don’t overgraze pastures.

What happens when you overgraze or undergraze pastures.

What is the ideal amount of time to take for cattle to graze the pasture down

What is strip grazing.

Why is back fencing used.

All basic basic grazing knowledge. Should be easy for an expert like you.

Mick. You know the saying. You don’t know what you don’t know. That is you and farming. You don’t have enough knowledge to understand that you don’t understand the topic.
Because you have a hobby farmer neighbor that you looked over the fence at you claim you can summarize all the science, work and knowledge that is grazing cattle down to grass grows and throw cattle on it. Lol. You are delusional.

Hobby farmer LMAO, nothing hobby about it.

At what level do you move cattle so you don’t overgraze pastures.

What happens when you overgraze or undergraze pastures.

What is the ideal amount of time to take for cattle to graze the pasture down

What is strip grazing.

Why is back fencing used.

All basic basic grazing knowledge. Should be easy for an expert like you.

LMAO, how does any of this relate to someone eating grass fed beef, farmers manage their pastures and stock, it's their job it's what they do for a living.

You don't have to know the ins and outs of OHMS law, and how electricity is produced and distributed to turn on a light switch.

You are just talking out of your arse trying to make something that people have managed to do for thousands of years sound complicated.

Last edited: