• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
It's not about being fair, it's about creating a competition.

Do you think that a 17yo kid, doing his first meet deserves a medal?

Medals should be earned, not given out for participation.
They mean nothing if it's given to you by default.

i think he should be given incentive and the chance to compete against people of a similar level.

They have incentive, achieve a bigger total then before.

They have incentive, go 9/9.

They have incentive, make smarter attempt selections to allow you the highest placing possible.

They have incentive, 13-15, 16-17, 18-19 record books.

They also have inspiration, they see what's possible if they stick to smart, effective programming for a few years.

so there is age categories.i think how it is structured in the IPF is fine.anyone reading may now fancy their chances of toppling me.thats cool.bring yourselves to adelaide in october.
ill be ready.:)

Last edited:
thats totally contradictory.

How?

Believe me if I am a 20 year old kid @ 110kgs I am going to be alot more driven to beat that 30 year old 110kg champ - than beating 2 other junior that just happen to be in my class....

I guess that just me - I would want to be the best at 110kgs not the best at 110kgs in my age group....just waters down the comp...

And the incentive is beating the best.....that is the biggest incentive isn't it....

Do you read posts or just carry on with dribble?

I stated in a previous comment that GPC has age divisions for RECORD PURPOSES only.

If you enter a meet, it's "open". No age divisions, 1, 2, 3 on total in the weight class.

How?

Believe me if I am a 20 year old kid @ 110kgs I am going to be alot more driven to beat that 30 year old 110kg champ - than beating 2 other junior that just happen to be in my class....

I guess that just me - I would want to be the best at 110kgs not the best at 110kgs in my age group....just waters down the comp...

And the incentive is beating the best.....that is the biggest incentive isn't it....

your all talk from what i can see.its hypothetical.whens the last comp u did?whens the next 1? if this..if that..

BTW [MENTION=10608]Gerry[/MENTION] ; what are you best comp lifts? I have prob missed it....just interested....

Also, if you do ACT state champs, you can come to nationals in May.
There will be plenty of people in your weight class to try and "topple you".

your all talk from what i can see.its hypothetical.whens the last comp u did?

I have never competed. Don't understand your obsession with competing = experience.

So to be a good Rugby coach you have needed to play at the highest level or even played at all?

lol you could of shown up and out totalled me spart...exept your 100 kgs...taken roids and cant squat for shet.in my defense i lost 10 kgs pretty quickly.it hurt on the day.one thing it has taught me is not to look smugly at smaller competitors in the 74s and 83s who cant quite squat what i can..its bloody hard being light and squatting big.
im the reigning m1@83 asia oceania champ sucka.btw.thought i would remind you.
ima go shine those medals again.i like to wear them around pretending im the mayor.

read it and weep.your life is a case of coulda shoulda woulda....and never.

gerry, you cam second last in masters aussie champs based on wilks score.

Don't worry [MENTION=17650]gerry.[/MENTION] ; anyway I am simply a washed up wannabe bodybuilder...

gerry, I may even join PA just to compete against you. I am 6 1 and you are 5 7, but we are in same division 93kg.

I am now over serious injuries, broken collarbone and stress fractures, and I am ready to rock.

man u can tell this subject brings out the worst in me.You go ahead and ask people like Gibbs,Hautala,Mckenzie what it means to be a junior world champ.or if its a "watered down comp" thats bullshit man.

of course, winning a junior championship is important. Mckenzie is a great lifter, especially for his age.

Do you read posts or just carry on with dribble?

I stated in a previous comment that GPC has age divisions for RECORD PURPOSES only.

If you enter a meet, it's "open". No age divisions, 1, 2, 3 on total in the weight class.

your ways arent my ways.ill stay in the IPF .

gerry, i may even join pa just to compete against you. I am 6 1 and you are 5 7, but we are in same division 93kg.

I am now over serious injuries, broken collarbone and stress fractures, and i am ready to rock.

ill remind everyone this man has taken steroids.