• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best rep range for strength

• 5x5

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 4x6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3x8

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • 3x12

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 1x3

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • other

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
I'd say 0ni will do this until he gets in. In a few weeks/months this thread will be revived with 0ni beating his chest about how he did a 105kg clean and jerk and he is the strongest, blah blah, he showed us, etc etc.

I'd say 0ni will do this until he gets in. In a few weeks/months this thread will be revived with 0ni beating his chest about how he did a 105kg clean and jerk and he is the strongest, blah blah, he showed us, etc etc.

What would he be showing us? That increasing the dosage of orals increases his strength?

Pfft. A Juiced up mosquito clean and jerks 40kg less than the fourth placed U63kg female lifter at last year's Asian championships. She was tested and even if we assume that gear was used at some stage, it's at nowhere near the levels talked about by young padawan.

High Road is obviously stronger than me because I opted to deadlift today despite me deadlifting 70kg more than him, squatting 60-70kg more than him while weighing 10kg less

You are still squatting less than most regionally competitve U63kg female weightlifters are squatting during their several times per week training sessions. They are tested, and they don't wear +20kg spring loaded knee wraps. Some of them are >10 years older than you and hold down full time jobs.

It would have been a good laugh at Onis gym. I wonder how many times he set the video up and failed with 100kg.

You are still squatting less than most regionally competitve U63kg female weightlifters are squatting during their several times per week training sessions. They are tested, and they don't wear +20kg spring loaded knee wraps. Some of them are >10 years older than you and hold down full time jobs.

And have chick dicks

I would be pretty amazed if Oni C&J'd 110kg+. Having that much weight above your shoulders is something else. I can probably strict press more than some guys who C&J that weight can, I just don't have the skill.

if he has never done jerks before, I also doubt he could do 110kg quickly.

When I was younger than Oni, and only a bit heavier than him (81kg at 186cm), I could jerk 137.5kg from a rack, but only deadlifted 215kg (hardly did them).

I know full well which one is harder. In comparative terms for technique, deadlifts are for Neanderthals, jerks much harder to master.

Last edited:
if he has never done jerks before, I also doubt he could do 110kg quickly.

When I was younger than Oni, and only a bit heavier than him (81kg at 186cm), I could jerk 137.5kg from a rack, but only deadlifted 215kg (hardly did them).

I know full well which one is harder. In comparative terms for technique, deadlifts are for Neanderthals, jerks much harder to master.

110 for Oni. Not a chance now or in the near future.

Jerks are hard to get right. I would like to be good at them. I easily push press more than I jerk. I just can't get it right, don't practice it enough though.

Back on topic

Everyone knows 10's make you big, triples make you strong

This is fact and common knowledge

5x10 and compound exercises works for me for strength 1min rest between sets and always last rep in the set is failure and a good dose of drole never go's astray :)

I like the idea of working in the 8~12 torso and 15~20 lower body world.

From workout to workout
You start off at the lower rep, over time youll reach the target, increase the weight, start again.