• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

I wanna get most of my protien through oats and eggs will i die?

kindred

If I get say 97-99% of my protien from eggs and oats will that eventually weaken me? I want to switch from mostly meat because of the cost and taste (not a huge fan).

I will also chuck in almonds and be getting a little protien of vegtables.

My plan is to eat a big bowl of oats (the healthy kind not instant) every day for breakfast have vegtables and almonds for lunch and snacks and have 4-6 eggs a day maybe 2 boiled as snacks and the rest for dinner.

The vegtables im talking about are relativley low in protien they will be what ever is cheapest at the fruit and veg store that is portable and can be eaten raw.

Ask yourself this: will eating such a poor variety of foods with a severe lack of nutrients help me be the strongest/fittest/healthiest person I can be?

if the answer is no then I suggest you be prepared to pay more.

Vegetarian or vegan diet with protein supplementation is very acheivable.

Look at Henry rollins.
Posted via Mobile Device

nobody said anything about vegetarians/vegans.

The guys having 3 meals a day, two which consist of oats and eggs (aka breakfast stuff) and another of mixed vegetables and nuts. There seems to be no consideration of calorie intake, vitamins and minerals and varied protein sources (a big deal if you're a vego). Do you think that's optimal?

A bfast of just oats has very little protein in it.

As has been said, you're gonna need to eat a lot of eggs to cover your needs... personally I couldn't do it.

Oliver is on the money... variety.

The average 100kg male needs a minimum of 225g of protien daily, if you want to do this with eggs only, being that an average egg has 5g protein you need to consume 45 eggs lol, try it, youwill be back on the meats within 48hrs
Posted via Mobile Device

The average 100kg male needs a minimum of 225g of protien daily, if you want to do this with eggs only, being that an average egg has 5g protein you need to consume 45 eggs lol, try it, youwill be back on the meats within 48hrs
Posted via Mobile Device

I 1g per pound of bodyweight is okay for guys who are either focused on strength or fitness, not so much for people who want to look great.

They'd probs need 2g per pound of bodyweight, perhaps more to make a 40% macro tally.

So more like 100 eggs :D

The nuts you are eating at lunch don't contain a full amino acid profile either. Milk, meat and eggs can only give you that. So your saying you don't like chicken, turkey, tuna, pork, lamb, beef? What about kangaroo? It's very cheap.
Posted via Mobile Device

nobody said anything about vegetarians/vegans.

The guys having 3 meals a day, two which consist of oats and eggs (aka breakfast stuff) and another of mixed vegetables and nuts. There seems to be no consideration of calorie intake, vitamins and minerals and varied protein sources (a big deal if you're a vego). Do you think that's optimal?

Mine post was a suggestion, not support of the OP.
Posted via Mobile Device

What can i eat thats cheap that will boost protien?

this is going to piss you off but red meat (ground beef and roo), chicken, tuna, milk and bulk whey are going to be your best bets.

Theyre shit cheap compared to a normal persons diet, but if you're going for your poverty line $50 of food a week you're not going to get far.

Buy the really big cans of tuna (500gms) , they are cheap and you'll probably get 2-3 meals out of it.

don't count the protein from vegies, oats etc. in your daily totals. That protein simply does not have the muscle building amino acid profile of meat, fish chicken etc. The cheapest way to get more protein in your diet is to buy unflavoured WPC protein in bulk...

don't count the protein from vegies, oats etc. in your daily totals. That protein simply does not have the muscle building amino acid profile of meat, fish chicken etc. The cheapest way to get more protein in your diet is to buy unflavoured WPC protein in bulk...

All protein can and should be counted as they do compliment each other. For example, a protein coming from say a legume (beans) has as its limiting amino acids: methionine and tryptophan. Grains (rice/oats etc) have an abundance of these two aminos but lack lysine instead, which is plentiful in legumes. That's how human beings survive without eating any animal products; vegans are such a people.

Fadi.

All protein can and should be counted as they do compliment each other. For example, a protein coming from say a legume (beans) has as its limiting amino acids: methionine and tryptophan. Grains (rice/oats etc) have an abundance of these two aminos but lack lysine instead, which is plentiful in legumes. That's how human beings survive without eating any animal products; vegans are such a people.

Fadi.

This is what alot of new vegans dont udnerstand though.. There is something like a 4ohur amino acid pool "window"... All essential amino acids must be met for protein synthesis to occur or it does not occur AT ALL. Thats not to say that the amino acids will not fullfill their other roles in the human body. but cellular protein synthesis will not be one of them...
So say someone eats legumes for breakfast. Grains for lunch and legumes for dinner.. depending on the gap between meals that is not going to be the best thing for them.. Soy contains all essential aminos however it is basically a bastardised genetically modified poison that wreaks havic on your thyroid gland.

The big 425g tins of Home Brand tuna are under $2 a can, chicken breast from the supermarket deli is heaps cheaper than buying it pre-packaged, kangaroo meat, milk, and WPC in bulk is $15 a kilo......there are some cheap ways to get good protein.

The big 425g tins of Home Brand tuna are under $2 a can, chicken breast from the supermarket deli is heaps cheaper than buying it pre-packaged, kangaroo meat, milk, and WPC in bulk is $15 a kilo......there are some cheap ways to get good protein.

Kangaroo meat is 7 bucks a kilo and if you go to a proper butcher all meat is cheaper then those shit holes woolies and coles frnaklins whatever other crap establishment people shop at.

Kangaroo meat is 7 bucks a kilo and if you go to a proper butcher all meat is cheaper then those shit holes woolies and coles frnaklins whatever other crap establishment people shop at.

Nah I mean just the WPC is $15 a kilo, not the kangaroo meat or milk lol.