• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

how often do you hit the gym

pam15

Hey guys
just wondering how often you train at the gym weight to cardio ratio
And what keeps you motivate

3 days a week, generally mon/wed/sat (bench/squat/deadlift)
cardio? what is this "cardio" you speak of? :p lol anything above 5 reps i consider cardio :D but seriously, i do zero intentional cardio, might have to ride my bike to work if i dont have a lift :)

Every second day for me, strength gains and looks keep me comming back. But the real drive comes from that euphoric feeling training brings.

3 days a week, generally mon/wed/sat (bench/squat/deadlift)
cardio? what is this "cardio" you speak of? :p lol anything above 5 reps i consider cardio :D but seriously, i do zero intentional cardio, might have to ride my bike to work if i dont have a lift :)

I consider loading a deadlift cardio lol

Or doubles. They're tough

Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday I have my gym session.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday I have sprint training at the running track.
What motivates me - To represent Aus at an international event.

4 days with weights and 2 conditioning days where I do burpees or complexes.

Cardio once every blue moon, but I do plenty of walking at work now since I took on new role.

I consider loading a deadlift cardio lol

Or doubles. They're tough
yeah, loading a bar is shit lol especially when loading for the bigger boys at MTS
putting on a belt can be hard work too
anything over 3 sets = cardio

oh forgot to mention motivation;
the changes in appearance are good, but the main thing atm is being within reach of PA's sub junior records... that drives me to train harder. to make myself better, stronger. :)

4 days with weights and 2 conditioning days where I do burpees or complexes.

Cardio once every blue moon, but I do plenty of walking at work now since I took on new role.
says the guy doing burpies....

This question was asked in the female section - glad you girls like working out so regularly *cough*

Thanks for the replies :) I usually try weights 3 times a week and cardio twice a week, I tend to burn out easy tho and loose focus?? Any idea y this happens would b appreicated I'm still tryin ta fig it all out... Not meaning to sound dumb

This question was asked in the female section - glad you girls like working out so regularly *cough*
theres a magical button called "unread posts" you should use it sometime.
tbh i didnt even notice what section this was posted in. and theres nothing wrong with lifters getting in touch with their feminine side.:D

Depends what you define as cardio
I would call anything cardio as you require your cardio respitory system to do anything
Aerobic activity on the other hand ;)

And I'm sure pam the spam won't mind if we post in her thread wingman

Thanks for the replies :) I usually try weights 3 times a week and cardio twice a week, I tend to burn out easy tho and loose focus?? Any idea y this happens would b appreicated I'm still tryin ta fig it all out... Not meaning to sound dumb
i find the environment of which you train in has a massive impact on motivation and focus, where abouts are you training? and are you with other people? (like training partners, not randoms who happen to be in the gym at the same time)
training with other people usually helps keep you motivated and focused, iv been training at a gym with like 7 other guys, i had to train at home by myself the other night and it took me over an hour to do warmups and 3 sets of bench... just couldnt stay focused and motivation = 0 lol

Last edited:
2-3 times per week, depending on how I am recovering, usually 3 days per week, but will cut back if I need more rest. Keeping in mind you grow while resting not while training.

Will occasionally go for a walk but may be only once a week.