• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Terrible argument.

How does participating in a sport make you a thug. You could make the argument MMA is much more complicated than boxing. You have many more disciplines and techniques you have to lean.

The YouTube argument is just as bad. You could say that about any sport or anything that makes people famous for that matter.
I would like to agree with you Bazza but then we'd both be wrong
My argument is valid and my analogy an accurate one

I would like to agree with you Bazza but then we'd both be wrong
My argument is valid and my analogy an accurate one

:D

If you can't dazzle em with brilliance baffle em with bullshit hey Darko :D

thug
θʌɡ/
noun

a violent person, especially a UFC and MMA fighter.
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]"he was attacked by a gang of thugs"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#878787 !important]historical[/COLOR]
    a member of an organization of robbers and assassins in India. Devotees of the goddess Kali, the Thugs waylaid and strangled their victims, usually travellers, in a ritually prescribed manner. They were suppressed by the British in the 1830s.

Feedback

thug
θʌɡ/
noun

a violent person, especially a UFC and MMA fighter.
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]"he was attacked by a gang of thugs"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#878787 !important]historical[/COLOR]
    a member of an organization of robbers and assassins in India. Devotees of the goddess Kali, the Thugs waylaid and strangled their victims, usually travellers, in a ritually prescribed manner. They were suppressed by the British in the 1830s.

Feedback

It's not UFC and MMA. UFC is an MMA organization. It's like saying AFL and Australian rules football.

How tbe fuck are you supposed to tbink straight when you getting you head knocked around
Not to mention that those thugs couldn't string two words together let alone play chess

So my boy who is 6yo is a thug because he does karate?

A lot of MMA fighters previously and currently have been martial arts world champions or titles holders in some form, either BJJ, karate, boxing, wrestling as mentioned is massive in College in the USA, then later crossed over to MMA as it has gained in popularity ans there is more money in the sport.

Many experts say that MMA is safer than boxing. In MMA, once you've stopped intelligently defending yourself, the fight is over, you get a medical suspension for 3 or so months to recover and come back better (hopefully). Boxing has the 10 count once someone is rocked. So they have an opportunity to get back to their feet, likely still semi conscious, letting their opponent tee off on them again, and as many times as they can stumble to their feet.

Many times in MMA the fighter is knocked out, hits the ground and comes too a few seconds later. In MMA the fight is over even if the fighter thinks they can continue. In boxing it wouldn't be.

I think darko is just trying to get a rise, it worked.

i love martial arts I like the idea of it being a defensive type of combat, the opposite to boxing.

mixing the two together doesn't appeal to me, never has, but you must admit it attracts a lot of knuckle draggers

I think darko is just trying to get a rise, it worked.

i love martial arts I like the idea of it being a defensive type of combat, the opposite to boxing.

mixing the two together doesn't appeal to me, never has, but you must admit it attracts a lot of knuckle draggers

How many UFC events have you been to?

Many experts say that MMA is safer than boxing. In MMA, once you've stopped intelligently defending yourself, the fight is over, you get a medical suspension for 3 or so months to recover and come back better (hopefully). Boxing has the 10 count once someone is rocked. So they have an opportunity to get back to their feet, likely still semi conscious, letting their opponent tee off on them again, and as many times as they can stumble to their feet.

Many times in MMA the fighter is knocked out, hits the ground and comes too a few seconds later. In MMA the fight is over even if the fighter thinks they can continue. In boxing it wouldn't be.

not really like that anymore, ref's often stop it now even if the fighter makes it back up