• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Funeral music.

mike367

Fadi has brought up the subject of death, I'm fine with that.

I'm not even close to be as serious as my good friend Fadi. I try to look on the lighter side of most things in life, death too.

Recently I went to the funeral of a relative, though not a close one. The music they chose to play was sad and mournful. Which brought a tear to many eyes, including mine.
Thats ok for some, but when its my turn, I don't want people said.

So what music would I have. One song came instantly to mind;

Monty Python's Life of Brian;
allways look on the bright side of life, whistle....

Or if cremated
"Smoke on the water"

What would music/songs would you have?

Mike.

Hahaha, bright side of life would be classic hahaha.

I have no clue what i'd have play. But it would be something on the lighter side like you've said.
Posted via Mobile Device

when my grandfather died my father picked out a fitting county and western song about a father (can't remember the name of the song but have it on the cd around here) , had to laugh the funeral director came up later and brought the cd off my dad and a few other cds too

not sure what song i would like , something from the 80's , maybe taco - putting on the ritz

I Love The Dead - Alice Cooper

If you are going to join them, may as well love them. :)

[YOUTUBE]HWU7FxQIsoM[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
If i was to be cremated - The Trammps; Disco Inferno.

Went to a funeral recently and they played the original Black Betty, was fitting for him.

Lamb of God - Laid To Rest...death metal

Decapitated - Spheres Of Madness......black metal

Opeth - Ghost Reveries.....black metal

Good one Mike! No, no music for me; just Qur'anic recitations.

Fadi.

I had to google "Qur'anic", sounds very spirtiual and emotional.

Tell me Fadi what would the reaction be if......

we both had our funeral at the same time, and our music CDs got mixed up?

I think the people at my funeral would be scratching their heads for weeks, tryiny to understand my last peice of humour.

I'll have to remember this, ha ha ha.

Mike.

I had to google "Qur'anic", sounds very spirtiual and emotional.

Tell me Fadi what would the reaction be if......

we both had our funeral at the same time, and our music CDs got mixed up?

I think the people at my funeral would be scratching their heads for weeks, tryiny to understand my last peice of humour.

I'll have to remember this, ha ha ha.

Mike.

Ah you're a funny man Mike :D!
No, the recitation is recited by actual people and not a recording of any sort. So rest assured, there won't be any mix up Brigadier :D!

PS: There you go, I've got two icons playing above...remember our first encounter and how I totally misunderstood your intentions?! Thanks to you now, I won't leave home without my icons Mike...

Fadi.

Ah you're a funny man Mike :D!
No, the recitation is recited by actual people and not a recording of any sort. So rest assured, there won't be any mix up Brigadier :D!

PS: There you go, I've got two icons playing above...remember our first encounter and how I totally misunderstood your intentions?! Thanks to you now, I won't leave home without my icons Mike...

Fadi.

Real people, mmmmm perhaps I could switch the sheet music:D

I do remember Fadi, quite a few people misunderstand my humour. Being a faceless hand behind a keyboard doesn't help.

I'm glad we got past it though.

Mike.

A close friends mother just died from cancer.

They had members of the family play Ruby Tuesday by the stones.

Good choice, very moving.

Good one Mike! No, no music for me; just Qur'anic recitations.

Fadi.

I was under the impression you were Christian Fadi:confused:I`m probably mistaken, I quite often am.

But anyway,funerals are for the living so whatever they choose will do.Me and a mate have a pact that whoever is left out of us will play Hoodoo Guru`s Generation Gap.That particular song has a very special meaning between the two of us.

At my dad`s funeral we played his two favourites.One by Willie Nelson and one by John Williamson just so we could all remember him and the guy doing the funeral (celebrant???) took the lead in singing the fireman`s prayer.

Was a brillo send off.He was a lifetime volunteer firey so the funeral was in the firehouse and all the aisles were marked out with the hoses and held down by fire extinguishers with all the trucks parked in a guard of honor outside.He was a trucky for a living so all the guys came in their workwear and parked his truck out the front.

I was under the impression you were Christian Fadi:confused:I`m probably mistaken, I quite often am.

I wonder what gave you that impression Zarkov. Fadi is a name made by the Lebanese Christian church meaning Saviour/Redeemer; basically the nick name of that mighty prophet and messenger of God Jesus Christ (pbuh). But Fadi could also mean a martyr.

I'm a Muslim Zarkov...and if that was not "bad" enough (according to some), I'm also from an Arab descent. Wow; combinations for some of the most despised people on the face of this earth today, (especially after 9/11)!

Now you know for sure my friend, (still friends?) :).

Fadi.

Last edited:
I wonder what gave you that impression Zarkov. Fadi is a name made by the Lebanese Christian church meaning Saviour/Redeemer; basically the nick name of that mighty prophet and messenger of God Jesus Christ (pbuh). But Fadi could also mean a martyr.

I'm a Muslim Zarkov...and if that was not "bad" enough (according to some), I'm also from an Arab descent. Wow; combinations for some of the most despised people on the face of this earth today, (especially after 9/11)!

Now you know for sure my friend, (still friends?) :).

Fadi.
Ahhhh that`s right.I remember you saying your name was christian.
Whatever your faith Fadi I`ll (we`ll) take you as you are!

[YOUTUBE]5EdmHSTwmWY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]qwXeQHswxuM[/YOUTUBE]

[youtube]vnRqYMTpXHc[/youtube]

Im set.. though being orthodox i doubt the preist will like it.

I want to be picked up and carted out at 3:00 of dire straits and i can rock on to mark! and by 340 gone everyone is crying, smiling and thinking of me in a better place...

Last edited:
Well Fadi I see it like this, you came on here and were a gentleman from the start,always helpful and never shoved your faith and values down anyone's throat and in return you shall receive my utmost respect.I have never cared about ethnicity,skin colour or religion and I have met some absolute turds from every race and religion but also some of the best friends I have ever had.
No need for appreciation as I haven`t done anything but taken you at face value and that is way easier than having biased opinions on someone.

No need for appreciation as I haven`t done anything but taken you at face value and that is way easier than having biased opinions on someone.

Again thank you Zarkov. The point you make above is wonderful, it really is. I know for a fact (having 4 girls) that if you put all the kids of the world together, they would have one thing and only one thing on their imaginative and innocent minds..."let's play and have us some fun” :):):)!

No bias toward colour, the shape of the eyes, or any other visual mark of difference. Curiosity is part of human nature (as well as animals') so yes, the question may be posed by that innocent child at some point in time as to the difference in the colour of his/her playmate's skin, without any preconceived prejudiced of any kind as a motivater to the question. The answer that is given by the adult is where the heart of the matter really lies in my opinion. Would you agree with me on that Zarkov or would you say it may be part of our genetic make up to be racist or otherwise, as in nature vs. nurture?

Fadi.

Last edited:
It is not in our genetics to be racist, it is a product of our environment.
I`m always being called gaijin here.Gaijin means foreigner but the characters
used are gai 外 which means outside and jin 人 which means person so it is a bit troubling sometimes to be called this.I ask people what gaijin means and they say foreigner.So I say to explain the meaning of this and they say non-Japanese.Japanese are brought up believing there are Japanese and foreigners.
One of my students almost had a fit when I told him that the foreigners he was referring to talking about his Australian holiday were not foreigners and in fact it was he that was the gaijin.It is usually not used in a racist context but it is terribly narrow minded and ignorant
But the most troubling thing is that the word gaijin is used non stop.I am trying to educate people around me not to use the word,in Japanese or English, unless the context makes it necessary.
It is a bit like me saying "my dark skinned Lebanese non Australian Muslim friend Fadi" rather than just "a guy I know called Fadi".
Anyway,I was in a park on day and a little girl ran up and said "konnichiwa" so I said "konnichiwa" back. Then she said "Oh you speak Japanese!I thought you were a gaijin!"
It made me smile a little.She based her view on language rather race.This happened a few years back now and I only hope she still has this way of thinking but I can`t help feeling she went home and her parents said, "Oh no no no you sweet little innocent thing.He was a gaijin!"