• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I subscribe to the "almost clear urine" theory.

I know if Im dehydrated from exercise or in the morning after drinking too much alcohol my urine will be darker. My urine will be darker if Im run down or have the flu aswell, and so I use it as a cue to drink more water.

I have a 1 ltr bottle on my desk which I usually drink through the day (asp after my coffee) and I probably get through a whole one during my workout or after a long run. I always have water beside the bed too and have a few sips during the night and when I get up.

I think you would have to drink a hell of a lot of water to do yourself damage, as in forcing/drinking water when your stomach is full.

I don't think anyone is arguing that we shouldn't be "well-hydrated" it's just a matter of how much is enough/too much.

I feel like my body is constantly being bombarded with coffee/alcohol/sugar/chemicals/lactic acid aswell as by-products of muscle tears/growth/repair etc that a bit of extra water goes a long way to flushing out the bad stuff.

That's just how I see it, probably gopt it a off a teacher or my parents, and it seems to make sense.

I forgot to mention that the Suisse multi-vit Im taking in the morning sends my urine a flouro yellow when I go for a slash around 10:30am. Things are back to normal by the afternoon though...

I wonder if it means the nutrients aren't required and Im eliminating them? Maybe I should have it after a bigger meal than my morning toast or oats?

Looks a bit dodgy if someone else is at the trough at the same time :)

'flouro yellow' is from excess B2 I think, i get it too lol....

Sometimes i reckon i don't drink enough, purely from larger slat intake though, i should really stop using salt and pepper on most things...

'flouro yellow' is from excess B2 I think, i get it too lol....

Sometimes i reckon i don't drink enough, purely from larger slat intake though, i should really stop using salt and pepper on most things...

Salt is essential but depending how clean you eat you probably don't need to add salt to things (except for flavour). Milk has heaps of salt in it so if you drink milk you probably won't be lacking in salt. Canned foods often are high in salt too.

I guess if your sweating heaps and heaps then I wouldn't feel too guilty about some added salt. I guess you have to ask yourself if you are dehydrated from eating too much salt or from sweating too much?

Your body needs salt, but not the type you are thinking of.

Most of us need to start eating like adults, if you don't you eating habits will turn into disorders.

I eat pretty healthy, I just add salt to my meals for example, mashed potatoes or scrambled eggs, i nearly always add Salt to.

I rarely sweat (i'm skinny, so heats not a worry), i do feel 'dehydrated' alot of the time though, although my piss is rarely yellow from it(just sometimes in the morning).

Could you explain more please AM?

The natural salts in foods and the unprocessed type salts contain the minerals and electrolytes we need.
Table salt does not have this.

I think when we start taking supplements and trying to guess what our bodies need it's the beginning of a pending eating disorder.

An adult knows what he needs to eat.

The natural salts in foods and the unprocessed type salts contain the minerals and electrolytes we need.
Table salt does not have this.

I think when we start taking supplements and trying to guess what our bodies need it's the beginning of a pending eating disorder.

An adult knows what he needs to eat.

Thanks for that, I know we are better off getting nutrients etc from whole foods but I didn't realise table salt was all bad.

Hi to all. Water is the need of our body. We can't live without it. In my opinion we should drink more than 10 glass of water in a day. i drink 8 glass of water and i am trying to drink more water.

physical therapy business

Last edited:
Water is very important for the health and it plays an important role in building one's health and i usually drink 8 to 10 glass of water in a day.

Water is the need of our body. We can't live without it..

captain-obvious.jpg

I drink more than 8 glass of water in a day because human body, which is made up of between 55 and 75 percent water.Water is crucial to your health. It makes up, on average, 60 percent of your body weight. Every system in your body depends on water. Lack of water can lead to dehydration, a condition that occurs when you don't have enough water in your body to carry on normal functions. Even mild dehydration - as little as a 1 percent to 2 percent loss of your body weight - can sap your energy and make you tired.