• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Hepburn method

jzpowahz

Just wondering if anyone has used this method for a decent amount of time (say minimum 3 months)?

It seems very simple in theory but obviously it is the effort that you put into a program that will determine the results.

Some links to what it is if you don't know. (although they tend to differ a little)

Basically adding volume each session while maintaining the same intensity until the upper volume limit is reached. Then adding more intensity.

Doug Hepburn: Power & Pump Routines ? Myosynthesis

T NATION | Hepburn Solution for Strength and Power

I tried it for my overhead press, I found I got better gains from Bill Starrs pressing programme.

Thanks mate. Do you have a link to that one? I did some googling but nothing specific came up.

Thanks mate. Do you have a link to that one? I did some googling but nothing specific came up.

It's fucking dead basic

Warmup 2-3 sets of 5-8
Start with a weight you can easily do 6 triples.
Finish with a back off set of 10

Progress + 2.5kg per session

If you can't get 6 sets keep repeating workouts till you get all 6 sets.

If you have stalled for an entire week with no progress on the sets take a week off pressing and return to the programme.

Press a minimum of twice a week but aim for 3 times.

I liked doing my backoff set as BTN's to take a little bit of work back off the front delt & tricep.

I was stalled at 82.5kg forever and this saw me strict press 90kg very quickly.

The Hepburn programme is a pressing program as well, are you using this for press or bench wahts your aim?

That is very simple.

Well, I was contemplating using it for 6 main exercises. squat, bench, DL, OHP, chins and rows.

Was thinking of the upper/lower split with one day for low reps and other day for the higher reps.

Was just a thought and wondering if anyone had used it for all of the big lifts.

IU don't know if the hepburn method would work for all three lifts, only one way to find out hey, I know he was renowned as the best presser in the world. [MENTION=3627]Silverback[/MENTION]; is the old school guru, maybe he'll chime in.

Check this bench program out, I posted it in another thread. Would like to give it a go but wayyy too much volume for my derelict shoulder joints.

Bill Anton bench 400lbs in 3 years course

Here's the Bill Anton course -

From the course: All 3 times per week. 2 bananas and 2 quarts milk daily above what you are already eating. Warm up! He recommends benching 1st.

1. 1st yr 1st period. Take a wt you can handle 12 reps 10 sets. Each week add 5 lbs. When you can't. Stay @ that wt until you can do 10x12.

1st yr 2nd period 10 sets 8 reps.

1st yr 3rd period 12 sets 5 reps

1st yr 4th prd. 15 sets 3 reps
He says that at this point you should be benching in the neighborhood of 265

2. 2nd yr 1st prd. 12 sets 8 reps

2nd yr 2nd period 12 sets 6 reps

2nd yr 3rd period 13 sets 5 reps

2nd yr 4th prd 15 sets 3 reps.
He says you should be benching about 350. @ this point you may arch if you must.

3. In this 3rd yr every month try your record once or twice.
3rd yr 1st prd. 12 sets 5 reps.

3rd yr 2nd prd. 15 sets 3 reps

3rd yr 3rd prd. 15 sets 4 reps for the 1st 6 weeks.
10 sets 2 reps next 6 weeks.

3rd yr 4th prd. 1st month 10 sets 3 reps

2nd month 12 sets 2 reps

3rd month 13 sets 1 rep.

He says that after this 3 year period of specializing on the bench you should be benching 400 lbs. providing you never missed a workout.