• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

uppon2

Has anybody used this? I have noticed somebody from another Australian forum really talking it up and was just wondering what it was like?

I am currently using ON, so it would have to be better than that

Has anybody used this? I have noticed somebody from another Australian forum really talking it up and was just wondering what it was like?

It's protein so it will be the same as all the other protein powders.

it's the same as most other proteins that are not pure and full of spak fillers.
I tried it ages ago with a sample out of curiosity.

So freaking sweet is made me gag.

But I don't have a sweet tooth so maybe it's ok for most. It's REALLY sweet.
and full of non protein things, meaning you are paying for fillers instead of protein.

it's the same as most other proteins that are not pure and full of spak fillers.
I tried it ages ago with a sample out of curiosity.

So freaking sweet is made me gag.

But I don't have a sweet tooth so maybe it's ok for most. It's REALLY sweet.
and full of non protein things, meaning you are paying for fillers instead of protein.

What do you use? Does anyone know what is the best for purity but with the added stuff such as BCAA and other things that are not just a taste filler

What do you use? Does anyone know what is the best for purity but with the added stuff such as BCAA and other things that are not just a taste filler

i use professional whey wpi and their IBCAAs sometimes.
But a lot of the guys on the forum think they are expensive. Bulk Nutrients and a few other companies are also selling protein without added fillers (except flavourings etc).

all depends on your taste. I stick with PW as it's the only one I have found that tastes good and is good value for me.

It's a personal choice. Bulk Nutrients and PW will send you samples to try as do other companies usually.

get a sample or two and see what you like best.
Buying a tub of protein you then hate is expensive if you then can't use it.

But a lot of the guys on the forum think they are expensive. Bulk Nutrients and a few other companies are also selling protein without added fillers (except flavourings etc).

all depends on your taste. I stick with PW as it's the only one I have found that tastes good and is good value for me.

It's a personal choice. Bulk Nutrients and PW will send you samples to try as do other companies usually.

Yeah bit BN are filthy fucking liars so I recommend he get his samples and buy his protein from No Bull.

PW is good but he is also dear, guess your paying for the quality though which isn't always a bad thing.

So you don't get involved in Protein wars eh - missing out girlfriend.

Doesn't International Protein Synergy 5 cost like $135 for 3 kilos?

Yeah bit BN are filthy fucking liars so I recommend he get his samples and buy his protein from No Bull.

PW is good but he is also dear, guess your paying for the quality though which isn't always a bad thing.
How are BN liars Brick?

How are BN liars Brick?

lie-
Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.

lied, ly.ing
To present false information with the intention of deceiving.
To convey a false image or impression

A lie by insinuation is still a lie.

So you don't get involved in Protein wars eh - missing out girlfriend.

Doesn't International Protein Synergy 5 cost like $135 for 3 kilos?

I like PW.

I've tried the others and found them wanting. A lot of the guys here and elswhere like other stuff. Each to his/her own. It's a personal preference.

My point is just that good value isn't just price. If it's cheap but you hate the taste and odour, it's not good value.

:)

PW might be slightly more expensive, but it tastes good :)
BN WPI 10kg natural flavour = $249
NB WPI 10kg natural flavour = $258
PW WPI 10kg natural flavour= $239.50

wait a second?? BN and NB are more expensive??
BN shows 93%
NB shows dry basis of 93%
PW shows dry basis 91.6%, "as-is" = 88%
both BN and PW are US WPI....

I trust PWs numbers more than the other two :p and they are great to deal with, as well as being cheapest...
(but i find their WPC too sweet)

Protein Synergy 5 | | International ProteinInternational Protein
82% protein, 4.9% fat, 3.4% sugar, 2.9% other carbs
6.8% random..
$400/10kg

WPC, WPI, Micellar Casein, Hydrolysed WPI, Egg Albumen, Flavours, Thickeners (412, 466), Cocoa*, Sweetener (Sucralose), Emulsifier (Soy Lecithin).

yes.... I so didn't want to be the one to say that PW was actually the best value :D

Their NZ WPI is awesome. Micellar casein is also fantastic.

you picked up something very important .. .that whole dry basis and as is. It's actually the latter that tells you how much protein is in there. A lot of companies like to just show the dry basis number as it is higher but that assumes all moisture removed from the powder, not in the state in which you get it and use it.

Always had amazing customer service too.

Plus, when I've asked for a sample to try something I wasn't sure about, I always got it. Just sayin' cos that's not the case with those other two...

Even got a gift for being a loyal customer.

I would love to know what is better about NZ wpi over US wpi.
this should be right up your alley Baz. I've read its because of better quality milk due to NZ and Aus cows being grass fed. Would that be true?

this should be right up your alley Baz. I've read its because of better quality milk due to NZ and Aus cows being grass fed. Would that be true?

NZ dairy industry have done a great job marketing their product thats about the biggest difference.

yanks more likely to do a dodgy? cows in NZ are happier?
the NZ WPI tastes better..

US vs NZ
protein as-is, 88 vs 90.4%
fat, 0.84 vs 1.0
carb, 2.0 vs 0.9
(sugar) 0.7 vs 0.9
http://professionalwhey.com.au/product/usa-whey-protein-isolate-organic-cacao/
http://professionalwhey.com.au/product/nz-whey-protein-isolate/

biggest difference in protein splits is glutamic acid?

The kiwis do just as much dodgy shit as anyone.

Kiwi cows happier. I have no idea but kiwi farmers practice what they call starvation grazing to try and get more grass eaten. US farmers want to feed cows to capacity. I know not being hungry would make me happier.

I would bet in a blinded test no one could taste the difference.

If you are unsure on the quality of your protein you could try following and ellaborate sequence of events not unlike the CIA and homeland security follow their proticols to determine if there are terrorists amongst us plotting and equally elaborate scheme to inflict death mayhem and distructiin amongst us infidels, to get you protein tests and see if it really has 93% protein or just 90%

Or you could just buy what others have make sure your diet is pretty much sorted and then extra 5 or 10% difference in your protein powder percentage won't really make a difference...