• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
dont kid yourself [MENTION=6775]craze[/MENTION]; there will always be something to and little time to relax, especially with kids....

Deadlift platform is practically complete.
Have run cables for network through out the house, and moved the telephone outlet to suit. Need to still connect up some extra power points. Finally fix up the walls which have chased out and get the tv up.
Then to the expensive/tedious task of smashing out the kitchen

smashing out the kitchen is the cheap part, its the replacing the smashed out kitchen which is the expensive part, unless your best mate is a cabinet maker and can do it for cost price.....:)

[MENTION=8606]Neddysmith[/MENTION] ; nope I am missing that mate, most of the other trade aspects I have covered. I am looking around at different install it yourself type places at the moment. Uinstallit, cabware, kitezi etc

Just a quick resto on a market find.
347991a5288b0a1bd5e7f11672b11d6c.jpg

@Neddysmith ; nope I am missing that mate, most of the other trade aspects I have covered. I am looking around at different install it yourself type places at the moment. Uinstallit, cabware, kitezi etc

Some Cabinet makers will also supply in flat pack for you as well. We looked at a few companies for DYI Flat Pak option but found a cabinet make that met our the standard and style we want.
You seem like a handy man so you will save yourself a motza. Our cabinets and over heads came to 6k. This was about 18metres of area to cover including the overheads. This costs doesn't obviously include the bench tops or splashbacks...which you are better off sourcing your self as the cabinet maker will normally put on his margin. We removed the old kitchen completely ourselves and installed the new apart form the bench top and splash back.
Kitchen connection quoted us 27k. We saved 12k!!

I was happy with the 15 year old kitchen. I only Put a new kitchen in because the wife let me go to Vegas for 10 days.

dont kid yourself [MENTION=6775]craze[/MENTION]; there will always be something to and little time to relax, especially with kids....

Haha ive heard!

On a different note. My home gym training is the worst idea i had (seemed bloody awsome at the time). So joined back to a gym and loving it

Some Cabinet makers will also supply in flat pack for you as well. We looked at a few companies for DYI Flat Pak option but found a cabinet make that met our the standard and style we want.
You seem like a handy man so you will save yourself a motza. Our cabinets and over heads came to 6k. This was about 18metres of area to cover including the overheads. This costs doesn't obviously include the bench tops or splashbacks...which you are better off sourcing your self as the cabinet maker will normally put on his margin. We removed the old kitchen completely ourselves and installed the new apart form the bench top and splash back.
Kitchen connection quoted us 27k. We saved 12k!!

I was happy with the 15 year old kitchen. I only Put a new kitchen in because the wife let me go to Vegas for 10 days.

Yeah I have started looking around and found the mob that supply another DIY type place, so essentially cutting out the middle man, hopefully knock off a fair chunk of the price, either going to go check them out tomorrow or monday. Benchtop, I am not 100% whether just going laminated yet or stone, once again depends on price, already know of a place to get the stone from if I go down that path. And yep have sourced some tiles for a splash back already so should be fairly set, thanks mate

My latest project: a small hallstand/table.
Roadside find.
Have taken the original horrible weathered exterior paint off and going to oil it up and line the draw.
I think it was someones school project many moons ago!
07a4ae82100b928b2912e0de72f76489.jpg

Finished my rack and now have all the j-hooks and attachments powder coated. I think the black looks good.....its like the Mad Max of power racks.
Unfortunately I will just have to sit and look at it and watch it collect spider webs until I can train again:(

J-Hooks with HDPE protective inserts

I made these for doing standing calf raises in the rack, the barbell slides along the black guides. Plus you can use these as well instead of a J-Hook.The stainless pins are adjustable as well.

AUSBB!! Spotter arms.

[MENTION=16347]BrisVegasGhost[/MENTION] ; I am going to order them monday, been doing other bits and really just wanted to cement down exactly what I wanted with the kitchen, changed my mind a few times but have it all sorted now to just go whack down a deposit and pretty much pick colours, going white on the doors since it is the easiest colour to change around by adding other coloured shit to the room. Will hopefully have it all done and dusted over christmas

@BrisVegasGhost ; I am going to order them monday, been doing other bits and really just wanted to cement down exactly what I wanted with the kitchen, changed my mind a few times but have it all sorted now to just go whack down a deposit and pretty much pick colours, going white on the doors since it is the easiest colour to change around by adding other coloured shit to the room. Will hopefully have it all done and dusted over christmas

Yeah we went white on our doors for that reason as well. We used a silver/grey glass splashback which looked good and easy to clean as well.

Yeah we went white on our doors for that reason as well. We used a silver/grey glass splashback which looked good and easy to clean as well.
I am tempted to use black tiles as the splash back as I may have access to some for free. Bench top is the next big decision