• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] 12 Steps to a big bench - How to bench more weight by Dave Tate

If I ever run out of petrol Oli, I'll give you a call, but if I want someone to jump over a building, I'll call someone else.

At the very beginning of WSM, they simply pulled strongmen from different sports, they now specialize in strongman.

An Olympic lifter won the first 2, a no name that wasnt rated....twice.

He first coined.......strong is strong.

Its what he said when they questioned how he trained. He said he was in the US lifting team, he continued to clean, squat and jerk, he didnt have time to do anything else.

they paid attention when he went back to back.

Apparently he sucks at pushing cars though lol

technically a low bar squat is going to have more carryover to any movement in sport where the backs not vertical (almost all of them).

Kinda uninterested in this discussion now. a good olympic lifter would be strong regardless of where he put the bar on his back. So would kroc.

hes the worlds strongest man.

YouTube - Matt Kroc tribute vid

**** him its all about kk are mariusz :p

Mariusz_Pudzianowski_2.jpg
http://themanyfacesofspaces.com/Mariusz_Pudzianowski_2.jpg

**** him its all about kk are mariusz

No. Krocs stronger.

He sleeps 4 hours a day, works 12 hour night lifts and raises two children as a single parent WHILST being a world record powerlifter.

Thats strong.

Mariusz the now washed up MMA fighter he even got pummelled by Tim 'I'm Fat and lazy and way past my prime (if you can call it that)' Slyvia. Stick to WSM mariusz.

Oli has a little man crush on Kroc.
Posted via Mobile Device

thats ****ing epic. I want his signature ><

I do a bit. The guy trains raw and seems to have the same recovery ability and weaknesses I do (lower parts of the lift) and he lives a very busy life which is something I can relate to.

Jim wendler is another favourite.

But...but...he uses a belt, I'm sure Markos wouldn't approve.

I thought this thread's about benching, not squatting? :confused:

Get with the time dancelot we have moved on :)
I think the thread needs a little cut and paste by a mod.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mariusz the now washed up MMA fighter he even got pummelled by Tim 'I'm Fat and lazy and way past my prime (if you can call it that)' Slyvia. Stick to WSM mariusz.

Posted via Mobile Device

lets see the MMA fighter go compete in WSM and see what happens..

Being strong doesnt mean you can fight.

lets see the MMA fighter go compete in WSM and see what happens..

Being strong doesnt mean you can fight.

Mariusz is boring. Hes a professional with nutritionists, PTs, and all the time in the world to lift and recover.

Guys like kroc and wendler are stronger because they live in the real world, doing shit long shifts, feeding kids and eating macaroni and cheese like the rest of us.

I ate spaghetti bol does thank you, no mac n cheese for me!

Noobs the fact he thinks he can be a fighter is the problem it is not like it was forced upon him in an alley one night. Mariusz thinks he can do it but he is obviously (with good evidence) shit at it. My point was he should stick to WSM, kinda exactly what you said.

Kroc is a great lifter I will give him that, he does not have the extras like mariusz so who knows.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: