• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I thought you were all about challenging yourself, being the best etc....why not compete at 105 and try and be the best...instead of simply dropping a few kgs to compete in an easier div....

theres a number of reasons why.im not even sure when my next meet is.despite lifting like poop at 83 i actually feel good now.cutting then reconstituting feels good man.
im thinking of cutting again.

gerry, I have an idea for you. Try and tart a forum at PA where you can discuss and express your view.

And, I respect your lifting efforts.

But there is no totem pole at Ausbb. If there was, I think it would quickly be cut down.

lol it seems you keep trying to prick my ego with these little jabs,however im well aware where im at on the totem pole.Theres many better and theres many worse.ive seen good and know im not, but i know what bad looks like also.im not bad either.

Me? Never....I just like challenging peoples ideas....it will make you push yourself harder.....

theres a number of reasons why.im not even sure when my next meet is.despite lifting like poop at 83 i actually feel good now.cutting then reconstituting feels good man.
im thinking of cutting again.

gerry, there is no reason why you could not improve your Wilks score at a lower bodyweight. One of PA's best moved down and did well, ANDREW JOVICEVIC.

gerry, there is no reason why you could not improve your Wilks score at a lower bodyweight. One of PA's best moved down and did well, ANDREW JOVICEVIC.

please dont ever mention my name in with his.im not worthy.im lucky he didnt come to the oceanias.the end.

The IFBB also have rules regarding drug use........so thats saying something lol

PA limit themselves with their narrow minded approach to athletes and them being able to compete in PA - I was told that if a PA competitor was for whatever reason to compete in a CAPO event they might aswell never bother rocking up for a PA event again....that is so narrow minded and in a sport that is VERY small anyway its really not smart business....I believe a competitor should be able to compete in whatever fed they like at any given time....of course if your using drugs don't compete in PA...because yes that is cheating....but for a "clean" competitor they should have the option to compete in PA one week, CAPO the next and GPC the next if they really wanted to....PA have lost alot of ppl due to this....

So you're justifying the cheating in powerlifting because people in another sport cheat?? Makes sense??

gerry, I have an idea for you. Try and tart a forum at PA where you can discuss and express your view.

And, I respect your lifting efforts.

But there is no totem pole at Ausbb. If there was, I think it would quickly be cut down.

i disagree, i think competitors and especially good ones should be respected more.you keep trying to claim you are equal when you arent.its inherently dishonest.its how things are done in new zealand where it seems talent is suppressed to make the less talented feel worthy."we re all the same round here mate"..umm no we arent..lol.

you might be good at something else though?

plus spart i saw what you wrote about having a PA membership enabled you to know their inner workings and how its run....umm signing up over the net and having a card sent to u isnt an insight into how things are done..boss.

i reckon its run well and Robert is a good man.lucky we have him..could of been worse..we could of got someone like you.lol.

I give up.

It is a pity he did not show up to your one-man comp. Should they give gold medals to one man comps?

https://powerliftingaustralia.com/wp-content/uploads/results/2014/8_22-24_2014_Junior_Nationals.htm
I do not believe they should give them anything. I think if only 1 guy turns up for that class, then he can lift, but there is no competition for that weight class. Eligible only for records or whatever. No medals.

Ive competed in two gpc comps where i was one of only two lifters in my weight class. Took the silver both times, but they are not medals i think i should have received, and it sucks walking up on stage to get them if i am honest. In that situation there should only be a gold.

The only comp ive entered where i felt good about a win was a novice comp where by i took home the highest total for the day by 2.5kg, the highest squat, and the highest deadlift, and third on coefficient, out of 25-30 lifters. That one felt better than any false placing.

yes, gerry you should give back that medal, you did not beat anyone and came second last overall in masters.

Have some dignity mate.

And gerry, have you ever been to Rob's place, I have.

I do not believe they should give them anything. I think if only 1 guy turns up for that class, then he can lift, but there is no competition for that weight class. Eligible only for records or whatever. No medals.

Ive competed in two gpc comps where i was one of only two lifters in my weight class. Took the silver both times, but they are not medals i think i should have received, and it sucks walking up on stage to get them if i am honest. In that situation there should only be a gold.

The only comp ive entered where i felt good about a win was a novice comp where by i took home the highest total for the day by 2.5kg, the highest squat, and the highest deadlift, and third on coefficient, out of 25-30 lifters. That one felt better than any false placing.

The low participation is was can suck about powerlifting but penalizing the winner because no one else showed up is hardly the way to fix it.

Less weight classes would be a good start. Fuck off age categories.

what nothing for masters, even if comp is just for them. that is harsh bazza.

what would you have us old competitive guys and girls do?

nothing, but they have a right to have an incentive. They put a lot of money into sports, and suggesting they should not have medals and trophies will never happen. I am saying that masters comps should have at least overall places for all, assuming enough competitors.
Laurie butler won best masters lifter at GPC worlds, and should be rewarded.

I am surprised anyone would suggest that. that is just elitism at its worst.

I don't suspect CAPO or GPC would ever go down that path.

I know big sports will never even consider such an option, thankfully. Aths, swimming or cycling.

Yes age categories are not for comps in my opinion. Records yes, but not for placings. You win a certain category, or you do not win.

Id hate to win a gold medal because i was one year older than the guy who just be my total by 2.5kg.

powerlifting more problematic because of scores, but aths and swimming straight forward because first past post.

I would like to hear Sticky's view, they still give a trophy to best masters lifter, and CAPO to first three.

no one takes masters sports seriously, but they still offer inspiration to lard asses to get off backsides and do something.

saying they should be not rewarded is like saying get fucked old people.