• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
S

suga4oot

Not sure if this is in the right place, but I just want to find out if there are any new fathers out there who have had to stop training because they just had babies or for those who have been, how long it took before going back and hitting the weights and how you balance the whole equation out?
Ever since my twins were born (2 months ago-and wife finding it hard to look after them by herself) i haven't had time to go in fro some serious training, let alone pick up a weight.
After nights of sleeping late and waking up almost 2-3 times in btwn leaves me exhausted, hence finding it hard to get the motivation to hit the gym & the lingering advice of having alota rest in order to grow make is it even worse, coz obviously I wont be getting enough rest.
I just dont feel right when I don't hit the gym.

not a new father my kid is a few years old now , but i do know that when g/f had our child had to sacrifice a few things to make time in helping to raise the child , give the g/f a bit of a help when needed

i suppose it's just one of those things that needs to be done when your raising kids , need to make a few sacrifices to the lifestyle

from memory after ther 6month barrier thing starting get back to normal somewhat

My 2 boys are 8 and 3 years old.

Only got into training when the youngest was 2 years old.

All I can say is, you might just have to put training on the backburner for a year or 2. I know this sounds like a lot, but every now and then, you might be able to sneak away to the gym.

The only other answer, is do what i have done, and make up a home gym.

good luck with the twins, un til they both sleep right through the night, it will make life difficult, but we all go through it, and it does end.

MightyTriby.

got 2 kids in my tribe , while my kids are a 4 and 6 i have only just gotten into bodybuilding in the last couple of months
before the kids were born was a keen fisherman and camper then the kids came along so the fishing and camping had to be put on hold for awhile ,

only thing i can suggest is that you need to make time for your own activities otherwise you just go crazy , need that little bit of time to yourself maybe once a week

No, no problems at all.
My little Hulkess is 8 months old and I have not given up a single thing.
She got very strong grip strength, can hang bodyweight off a bar.
Probably lost 1 hour sleep in all that time.
The inlaws are good for something at least....

Not a father myself, but looking at my friends who've become dads, apart from the first chaotic 6 months or so, all their hobbies, gymming included, were unaffected by having kids. The dedicated ones remained dedicated, the slackarses stayed slack :D

The birth of a child should be an inclusion to your daily life's activities not a substitue, but what would I know, I don't have any kids...yet.

The birth of a child should be an inclusion to your daily life's activities not a substitue, but what would I know, I don't have any kids...yet.

Exactly.

The most busy and sucessful people will always have time to fit even more into their day and achieve more.

Those who say, I don't have time for this or can't do that, are often the least sucessful.

it sux the life from you....check my training thread lol

Way too tired with early mornings late nights, broken sleep, I have been to gym once in 3 weeks maybe longer not sure delerious at the moment...

Shift work and uni also dont help..

I have also stopped taking protein and creatine but am eating more proper meals now the wife is at home cooking.

Hopefully be back at it again in a month, and see what i have lost.

Not sure if this is in the right place, but I just want to find out if there are any new fathers out there who have had to stop training because they just had babies or for those who have been, how long it took before going back and hitting the weights and how you balance the whole equation out?
Ever since my twins were born (2 months ago-and wife finding it hard to look after them by herself) i haven't had time to go in fro some serious training, let alone pick up a weight.
After nights of sleeping late and waking up almost 2-3 times in btwn leaves me exhausted, hence finding it hard to get the motivation to hit the gym & the lingering advice of having alota rest in order to grow make is it even worse, coz obviously I wont be getting enough rest.
I just dont feel right when I don't hit the gym.

I hate kids.

not a new father my kid is a few years old now , but i do know that when g/f had our child had to sacrifice a few things to make time in helping to raise the child , give the g/f a bit of a help when needed

i suppose it's just one of those things that needs to be done when your raising kids , need to make a few sacrifices to the lifestyle

from memory after ther 6month barrier thing starting get back to normal somewhat

I feel sorry for you.

"Help the g/f raise the child...."

Its your kid too....its not helping its "parenting" ffs....

Yep old thread.
Never read it before...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Exactly.

The most busy and sucessful people will always have time to fit even more into their day and achieve more.

Those who say, I don't have time for this or can't do that, are often the least sucessful.

True and false what you've said. True that success is good etc like you have said but the negative side of successful people is often that they don't know how to slow down, they can't take a breather, they can't relax, they can't chill, everything in life for these people is balls to the wall 110% of the time and they can't stop, its like a drug to them. This can really put them and other people in danger.

Now take a look at what you may call "slackers", these people are more chilled, relax, take their time, don't give a flying fuck about almost anything, love life, take it easy, do what they want and everyday is an easy relaxing day.

So really who's the smart one here? The overly ambitious person who's at risk from having a heart attack due to working long hours and possibly 2 or 3 seperate jobs and also managing a family? Or is it the lazy kunt that gets things done when he can be fucked, and his stress levels are low, he leads an easy chilled out life and relaxes taking things one by one as they come.

Remember we all end up 6 foot under eventually so if your not having fun living your life then your not doing it right, simple as that.