• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
WTF

Loaded progressive stretching is all fine and dandy assuming the emphasis is on the word "progressive" and not on either "loaded' or "stretching"

but GM's are bad enough as it is, if you really want to improve your hamstring strength, do ATG squats, if you cant, use the leg press

important for weightlifters
dangerous for others
be as mobile as you need to be for your sport or health and no moer

WTF

Loaded progressive stretching is all fine and dandy assuming the emphasis is on the word "progressive" and not on either "loaded' or "stretching"

but GM's are bad enough as it is, if you really want to improve your hamstring strength, do ATG squats, if you cant, use the leg press

I do all 3. Nothing wrong with GM if you don't let your ego load the bar.

I do all 3. Nothing wrong with GM if you don't let your ego load the bar.

I never said there was nothing wrong with good-mornings, I'm saying that good mornings will not improve your squat, only squatting will improve your squat.

Bozo, you squat ATG?

I'd like to see that, until then you do not squat ATG maybe a half squat at best.

For a powerlifter, who more often than not does not do a full squat (ATG), needs to supplement with leg curls, extensions and leg-press, the good-morning is a waste of time

I never said there was nothing wrong with good-mornings, I'm saying that good mornings will not improve your squat, only squatting will improve your squat.

Bozo, you squat ATG?

I'd like to see that, until then you do not squat ATG maybe a half squat at best.

For a powerlifter, who more often than not does not do a full squat (ATG), needs to supplement with leg curls, extensions and leg-press, the good-morning is a waste of time

I never liked GMs
the weightlifters in the gym do them. Really good form
They are weak and have shit hamstrings and lower backs
Boy can they put 50kg above their head fast though

Bozo, you squat ATG?

Think what you like bud, I know how deep I squat (and without wraps or belt). I also do front squat as assistance.

Given that my squat is fairly quad dominant, I like the GM as an assistance exercise for the hamstrings. Failing to see any compelling evidence to not do it ITT.

....still waiting for pancakes

Here ya go

11831647_1036054479752613_6787985118442482088_n.jpg